Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:24 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

I walked my precinct for Arnold Schwarzenegger. I’d never done that for anyone, but I knocked on every single door, determined that the replacement for recalled Governor Gray Davis would not be Democrat Lieutenant Governor Cruz Bustamante because, well, the Democrats in the California legislature and misrepresenting us in Washington give new definition every day to the word “idiot.”

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » Total Recall 2009 - Is Schwarzenegger On the Way Out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 11:26 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,970,206 times
I predict the governorship of CA will be a revolving door for quite some time (and the velocity of the door will indeed accelerate) whether the new administration be Republican or Democrat.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:45 PM

5,032 posts, read 12,609,698 times
Thumbs down Republicans are pathetic

Now the Republicans are going to recall their own governor! They are even going after 6 GOP legislators who passed the budget. Killing off their own kind in a deep Blue state isn't very smart [but whoever claimed that Republicans are smart? Party of DUH!

Old 04-16-2009, 03:29 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
Now the Republicans are going to recall their own governor! They are even going after 6 GOP legislators who passed the budget. Killing off their own kind in a deep Blue state isn't very smart [but whoever claimed that Republicans are smart? Party of DUH!
The governor of California is a RINO, not a real Republican.

What we really need in California is a true conservative Republican governor and conservatives in the legislature.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
The governor of California is a RINO, not a real Republican.

What we really need in California is a true conservative Republican governor and conservatives in the legislature.
What is a real Republican? Perry? Limbaugh? Bush? [great choice, huh, Fleet?

Old 04-16-2009, 03:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
i dont believe the man in office runs the country, i believe the country runs the man in office.

Old 04-16-2009, 03:50 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
I walked my precinct for Arnold Schwarzenegger. I’d never done that for anyone, but I knocked on every single door, determined that the replacement for recalled Governor Gray Davis would not be Democrat Lieutenant Governor Cruz Bustamante because, well, the Democrats in the California legislature and misrepresenting us in Washington give new definition every day to the word “idiot.”

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » Total Recall 2009 - Is Schwarzenegger On the Way Out?
yes, any Republican that follows a liberal adjenda deserves to be out.. Thats why McCain didnt win, and thats why Swarzenegger should go...

Old 04-16-2009, 03:53 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yes, any Republican that follows a liberal adjenda deserves to be out.. Thats why McCain didnt win, and thats why Swarzenegger should go...
Maybe Schwarzenegger needs to go, not because he isn't the kind of Republican you'd like to see, but because he just isn't a very good governor regardless of his politics. (I know that's a radical thought, possibly even unacceptable to many. But, as we say here in New York City, waddaya gonna do?)

Old 04-16-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There literally will be no Republicans left in California [which isn't so bad they are only 25% of the voters anyway!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happ View Post
There literally will be no Republicans left in California [which isn't so bad they are only 25% of the voters anyway!
More proof that Republicans are smarter than Democrats?

good luck paying for all of that welfare, regulations and entitlements that your govt has put into place. Oh I forgot, you'd just ask the fed govt for another bailout when you cant afford them due to failed policies..

Dont worry, California cities can always resort to "bankruptcy". Not like there is no history of that out there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies