Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2009, 09:01 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,143 times

Advertisements

Today every pregancy is wanted. No longer can a woman claim an " Opps".

So with that, there is no longer a reason to have an abortion because you don't want to be pregnant.

Now before you start saying it is not true I will take the time to explain brifely plan B in simple terms.

If a woman has unprotected sex, she can take plan B within 72 hrs (of the sex) and it creates a hostile enviroment for egg fertilization and egg cannot implant itself.

It PREVENTS the fertilization of the egg!!! Got that???

All they have to do is go to the Pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for it and show an ID. YOU DO NOT NEED AN RX for this.

It is also available at Free Clinics,etc.

So now what excused do the girls have for getting abortions or having unwanted babies?
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2009, 09:04 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Well -- except for those girls and women with an IQ below 60. You have to make an exception for them because they really might not know where babies come from or know about the many contraception options.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:06 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,674,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Today every pregancy is wanted. No longer can a woman claim an " Opps".

So with that, there is no longer a reason to have an abortion because you don't want to be pregnant.

Now before you start saying it is not true I will take the time to explain brifely plan B in simple terms.

If a woman has unprotected sex, she can take plan B within 72 hrs (of the sex) and it creates a hostile enviroment for egg fertilization and egg cannot implant itself.

It PREVENTS the fertilization of the egg!!! Got that???

All they have to do is go to the Pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for it and show an ID. YOU DO NOT NEED AN RX for this.

It is also available at Free Clinics,etc.

So now what excused do the girls have for getting abortions or having unwanted babies?
If you are not using protection in the beginning I doubt you are going to be together enough to get to the pharmacy the morning after. Lots of head in the sand I suppose.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:09 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,449 times
Just a lot more room for unwanted STDs.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:09 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
For the same reason they need Plan B to begin with....thoughtless irresponsibilty and sheer stupidity.
I have had girls tell me seriously that they couldn't afford birth control pills but had no compunction against having another kid.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:11 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,674,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
For the same reason they need Plan B to begin with....thoughtless irresponsibilty and sheer stupidity.
I have had girls tell me seriously that they couldn't afford birth control pills but had no compunction against having another kid.
Sad but so true.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well -- except for those girls and women with an IQ below 60. You have to make an exception for them because they really might not know where babies come from or know about the many contraception options.

Well, if they have an IQ below 60 then I think they probably wouldn't even know where to go for an abortion in the first place.

It might not be fool proof (as in the below 60 IQ's) but at least it's a HUGE step in preventing unwanted pregnancy and prevention of abortion.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seven of nine View Post
If you are not using protection in the beginning I doubt you are going to be together enough to get to the pharmacy the morning after. Lots of head in the sand I suppose.
Well if they are paying for it themselves they will learn soon enough!

Pan B costs anywhere from $30 to $61, depending on Pharmacy. Though, if you go to Planned Parenthood, they have a sliding-scale for costs of services, based upon your income. There, the Plan B pill typically costs between $10 and $45. At Free Clinics is is Free for those who can't afford it.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Well, if they have an IQ below 60 then I think they probably wouldn't even know where to go for an abortion in the first place.

It might not be fool proof (as in the below 60 IQ's) but at least it's a HUGE step in preventing unwanted pregnancy and prevention of abortion.
I didn't mean to imply that there should be abortions for the severely mentally deficient. There is also no good excuse for society to allow them to be raped and impregnated in the first place. That is nothing but abuse when someone rapes them and the rapist needs to be in prison.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Most the unwed girls having babies today do so because they know about the welfare programs available to them if they have a baby. They have them deliberately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies