Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2009, 09:20 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,290,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
So would you support taking away my right (and the right of 150 million other Americans) to vote?

That's what you're suggesting.
Of course not....unless the vote is for or against abortion before the date at which a fetus can survive outside the mother. That is a decision that only affects women. If I were an anti-abortion man, I would be actively working with men to encourage abstinence outside of marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 09:22 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,430,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Of course not....unless the vote is for or against abortion before the date at which a fetus can survive outside the mother. That is a decision that only affects women. If I were an anti-abortion man, I would be actively working with men to encourage abstinence outside of marriage.
Do you feel women should be allowed to vote on issues that only affect men? (BTW, abortion does not only affect women nor is there any other issue that affects only women or only men; every single issue affects both)

Also, married women have abortions too and abstinence is unrealistic.

In case you recall, we were talking about voting for politicians rather than for voting on issues themsleves so this is moot. We all have the right to vote for any candidate based on their stances on whatever issue(s) we choose. Yes, that includes abortion. And, yes, men have the same right in this case. Get over it or establish your own country where women are in control and men have no rights...you'd love that I'm sure. In this country, both men AND women are valued and equal.

Last edited by afoigrokerkok; 05-17-2009 at 09:58 PM..

Old 05-17-2009, 09:46 PM

52,547 posts, read 34,276,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
And for your information, I am not "on the left". I am a libertarian.
interesting that you don't contest the freedom-loathing part..

Old 05-17-2009, 10:21 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,558,141 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone can not be emotional on the subject of abortion.

Pro-lifers think it's murder, pro-choicers want women to have complete control over their bodies.

Supporting legalized murder or supporting laws that take away anyone's rights to make decisions for their bodies will always cause the other side to get worked up.

Though I am pro-life, I hope you can appreciate that I understand both sides.
I do appreciate it. Thanks afo!

Old 05-17-2009, 10:40 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
Gee, because you're liberal, you're going to abort?

I guess because you're republican, you're going to be a draft dodging, woman-hating, right to life until birther whose kids will get pregnant, you'll disown them and hope they & their kids starve or better yet, go to jail.

Old 05-17-2009, 10:53 PM

239 posts, read 351,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
I never heard of the idea of forced sterilization of dead beat dads.

Sounds like something from the 50's.

It happens, not often, but it happens and I am 100% for it.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:49 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,621,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Gee, because you're liberal, you're going to abort?

I guess because you're republican, you're going to be a draft dodging, woman-hating, right to life until birther whose kids will get pregnant, you'll disown them and hope they & their kids starve or better yet, go to jail.
I would take all of these things over being a murderer. Too bad your moral compass is broken and can't discern that.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:48 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,239,057 times
If it bothers you so much, don't do it.
No one is forcing you to do anything.
They're asking you to mind your own business.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:01 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,117,192 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone can not be emotional on the subject of abortion.

Pro-lifers think it's murder, pro-choicers want women to have complete control over their bodies.

Supporting legalized murder or supporting laws that take away anyone's rights to make decisions for their bodies will always cause the other side to get worked up.

Though I am pro-life, I hope you can appreciate that I understand both sides.
No, you have NO understanding of women and the choices they have to make ....you just want them controlled and punished (hatred/fear of women).

If you ever could understand ANYTHING you'd know that everyone is PRO-Life.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:34 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,430,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
No, you have NO understanding of women and the choices they have to make ....you just want them controlled and punished (hatred/fear of women).

If you ever could understand ANYTHING you'd know that everyone is PRO-Life.
If you're only going to continue a shouting match and making false assumptions about me when you don't know me at all, there is no point in us responding to one another's posts.

I don't want women controlled and punished. 50% of women are pro-life (my definition of pro-life) as well - consider that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies