Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 04:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,825 times

Advertisements

The HOA document is an agreement that both the OP and the guy with tall grass agreed to. It is unfortunate that the HOA does not have the teeth to enforce the rules that everybody agreed to. Why should the OP have to move? There is considerable time and expense involved in moving. The OP is living up to his end of the agreement by mowing his own yard. The guy with the tall grass should as well. Yes, the OP can go to court over this but that is expensive and time consuming as well. The HOA needs to "grow a pair."

Yes this is America but the right to do what you want whenever you want is not unlimited. You can't shout FIRE in a crowded theater. If you purchase a home in a HOA community, then presumably you have read the CC&R's and have agreed to live by them. If you can't live by them, don't buy there. If you read them but now you find that other neighbors have a different interpretation of the CC&R contract -- well you need to be able to work with them. If the OP points out that the CC&R's require that lawns be kept mowed, then mowing once a week is not unreasonable. If the guy with the tall grass doesn't like it, then maybe he should move to the country where there are no CC&R's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2009, 04:44 PM

50,245 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Give him a list of illegals that you use to mow your lawn. It is , of course, a job Americans won't do.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:08 PM

2 posts, read 3,971 times
Put yourself in these shoes - you're trying to sell your house and potential buyers are scared away because the house next door needs some attention, i.e., the grass hasn't been cut in ages and there has been no basic maintenance in years. Ignoring the problem winds up effecting your ability to sell.

Old 08-15-2010, 01:13 PM

37,128 posts, read 42,193,480 times
People who aren't up to the task of caring for their home and/or yard shouldn't be homeowners in the first place. It's like having a kids and expecting it to raise itself. I've seen many people get into homeownership by the skin of their teeth and then fail miserably at it. And if you move into a subdivision with certain standards or HOA rules just follow them...nobody is that special that things don't apply to them.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:16 AM

243 posts, read 703,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People who aren't up to the task of caring for their home and/or yard shouldn't be homeowners in the first place. It's like having a kids and expecting it to raise itself. I've seen many people get into homeownership by the skin of their teeth and then fail miserably at it. And if you move into a subdivision with certain standards or HOA rules just follow them...nobody is that special that things don't apply to them.
How quick do those rules demands for replace a broken mower?
I meen things like that tends to breake in bad timing. Is it allowed to wait for next pay?

Or must it be done same day. i remember the lawn in this situation was half mown when mower broke.

I bet its a reason for that the house owner had and old mower. Not evry one got 250k$ in bank.

for slaming door on some seller or sumthing. i dont se any problems with. even if the seller "sels his work for mowing"

And honestly. du u realy meen that if some one dosent pay tousens evry month for home maintance. and not having 100% perfektion att their home 24/7 they should not have a home att all? Where they live? under a bridge? Maby not allowed to live?

Old 08-16-2010, 09:27 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
I would prefer mowing my lawn twice a year then baling it and selling the bales to a stable. Fortunately my condo association mows the lawn so I don’t have to.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:04 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
The OPs issue is exactly why their are HOAs as ordinaces have failed to accomplish what they were set out to do.Your best bet is to move as that neighborhood is likely going downhill quickly in value.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:06 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,604,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
A month ago we had a neighbor who cut down a forest of tall beautiful trees just because he did not like the shade. Now we have an opposite problem with one neighbor on the other side. He has not mowed his lawn in almost a month. It has been rainy here in Northern Va and the result is the grass has been growing like crazy. It is spring and the grass always grows fast until around June 30.

Anyway, in our beautiful neighborhood of $600K homes we have a neighbor who refuses to mow his lawn. One of the other neighbors asked him about it and he got an angry response to mind his own business and he will mow when he feels like it.

What should be done? There is a homeowners association but the rules have no teeth.
Spray it with Roundup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies