Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:16 PM

488 posts, read 1,025,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Is this your neighbor?
Add a big nose on it and see what it looks like!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 06:41 PM

15,402 posts, read 28,948,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
It has not rained in four days and they are home all the time.
I thought you said you lived in Northern Virginia. How is it you didn't notice we had quite a downpour this weekend?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:51 PM

1,986 posts, read 4,066,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
I thought you said you lived in Northern Virginia. How is it you didn't notice we had quite a downpour this weekend?
I think he's getting his stories confused. Honestly, he should write them down to keep them straight.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:13 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,000,367 times
Quote:
A month ago we had a neighbor who cut down a forest of tall beautiful trees just because he did not like the shade. Now we have an opposite problem with one neighbor on the other side. He has not mowed his lawn in almost a month. It has been rainy here in Northern Va and the result is the grass has been growing like crazy. It is spring and the grass always grows fast until around June 30.

Anyway, in our beautiful neighborhood of $600K homes we have a neighbor who refuses to mow his lawn. One of the other neighbors asked him about it and he got an angry response to mind his own business and he will mow when he feels like it.

What should be done? There is a homeowners association but the rules have no teeth.

Check local nuisance ordinances.

Otherwise, enjoy the diversity.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:19 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Maybe he's sick or his back hurts or something else is making him miserable. Or maybe he takes pleasure out of aggravating you. In any case, life is short and you can probably find something more worthwhile to occupy you.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:20 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,578,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
Consider suing the association for breach of contract.

IMO a homeowners association has at least an agreement that is binding
on all members of that homeowners association. Is it not?
Please get a LIFE . As was said if you don't like MOVE !!!! The weeds are the least of you problems as I see it.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:25 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Run for the board? Mow half of his yard?

Old 05-18-2009, 08:40 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
It has not rained in four days and they are home all the time.
If they are home all the time, how does anyone work to make money.

Has it really not occured to you that these people might be struggling in todays economy? Do you care so little for your fellow man to not even consider that maybe they need a helping hand rather then a warning letter or worst a fine from the HOA??

I live in an HOA where there are people who would step on you because you accidently crossed a line. Their whole life is wrapped up on controlling other peoples lives through the HOA rules. I think these people enjoy forcing people to live to their standards and when something happens and the neighbor can't live up, all you can think of is doing something to harm that person like reporting them to the HOA.

Think about extending a helping hand to your neighbor if you can find an ounce of deciency in your heart. Don't live to criticize, enjoy helping people instead.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:50 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,453,396 times
The OP poses questions about un-communicative, mean, un-loving people on the Relationships forum, about un-communicative children on the Parenting forum. This thread wraps up the picture of her.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:10 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,486,250 times
Quote:
A month ago we had a neighbor who cut down a forest of tall beautiful trees just because he did not like the shade. Now we have an opposite problem with one neighbor on the other side. He has not mowed his lawn in almost a month. It has been rainy here in Northern Va and the result is the grass has been growing like crazy. It is spring and the grass always grows fast until around June 30.

Anyway, in our beautiful neighborhood of $600K homes we have a neighbor who refuses to mow his lawn. One of the other neighbors asked him about it and he got an angry response to mind his own business and he will mow when he feels like it.

What should be done? There is a homeowners association but the rules have no teeth.

I would NEVER move to a house with home owner association. If I bought a $600,000home the last thing I need if for some association to tell me how often I need to mow my lawn.

In your case. What can you do? It is his house.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 05-18-2009 at 09:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies