Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:42 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times

Advertisements

I am 32, and yes, this is the first election I voted in. never paid much attention to things as I was always a renter. in the last 3 years, I have bought and sold a few homes so I know how annoying the tax crap can be. so I voted for all libertarians in my local elections, and wrote in a candidate for president. I was probably in 7th or 8th grade when barry got busted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Hmmm. Yesterday, you said this was the first election you voted in or paid attention to something to that effect. So, either you're an old guy who just got into politics and assumed he knows everything or you're lieing and talking out your @ss. Rayful Edmond was arrested 20 years ago. I guess your were in your crib for the Barry Edmond era.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I am 32, and yes, this is the first election I voted in. never paid much attention to things as I was always a renter. in the last 3 years, I have bought and sold a few homes so I know how annoying the tax crap can be. so I voted for all libertarians in my local elections, and wrote in a candidate for president. I was probably in 7th or 8th grade when barry got busted.
So, you basically are talking out your @ss. Thanks, that clears things up. You pretend as if you've got this all figured out. Paying taxes on a few properties lead you to be Libertarian????WTF.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:56 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
no, living in an area where everyone including my own parents worked for the federal government lead me to be libertarian. hearing the horror stories from my friends, who work with the federal government, about how much money is wasted and how worthless the employees are lead me to be libertarian. I have nothing figured out. this is an opinion forum. we are all entitled to our own opinions, and I am entitled to correct the opinions of others.

Quote:
So, you basically are talking out your @ss. Thanks, that clears things up. You pretend as if you've got this all figured out. Paying taxes on a few properties lead you to be Libertarian????WTF.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:02 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
no, living in an area where everyone including my own parents worked for the federal government lead me to be libertarian. hearing the horror stories from my friends, who work with the federal government, about how much money is wasted and how worthless the employees are lead me to be libertarian. I have nothing figured out. this is an opinion forum. we are all entitled to our own opinions, and I am entitled to correct the opinions of others.
You post frantically attempting to pass your "opinions" of as facts. It seems to be simply based on what you've "heard" not what you've lived. You can't correct somebody when you evidently don't know a damn thing. It's funny, a great majority of government workers in D.C. are democrats.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:19 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
It showed the pure cultism going on with Obama. As a man interrupted the speech of Obama while yelling "abortion is murder" and the reply from the cult was "yes we can and yes we did".
Yes, cultism... not that they want to show the President of the US some respect or that well over 66% of young Americans voted for him or that they don't want to sit through a bunch of hecklers... yes, cultism.

Old 05-18-2009, 11:24 AM

you know what's even funnier? that statement. does that shock you that people who work for the federal government would vote democrat? voting for a libertarian or true conservative is like voting yourself off american idol. you are voting against your job. nothing is based off anything I have heard. it's all personal experience. oh, and I do know a damn thing. I know two damn things in fact.

Quote:
You post frantically attempting to pass your "opinions" of as facts. It seems to be simply based on what you've "heard" not what you've lived. You can't correct somebody when you evidently don't know a damn thing. It's funny, a great majority of government workers in D.C. are democrats.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:30 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times
Quote:
......and I am entitled to correct the opinions of others.
AZZuming your opinion is THE CORRECT opinion. I don't believe your a Libertarian at all, you post like an Ultra Conservative Republican.

BTW, you are NOT entitled to 'correct the opinions of others'. You are only entitled to give or change your own opinion. Facts you can correct, opinions can only be 'changed' and the change can only be made by the holder of said opinion.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:28 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Order View Post
"Yes we can Yes we can kill more babies" I didn't have a problem on Obama speaking at Notre dame but I did when he got a degree. Today was a sad day at Notre Dame.

I wonder if Plant Parenthood would let the Pope speak at their Convention?
Plant parenthood?

Old 05-18-2009, 08:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
I can't bring myself to like a professional liar.
Who me? If you're referring to Obama, you don't have to like him, you just have to shut up and sit through the speech. You don't even have to listen to it. If some protesters had tried to turn my graduation, or the graduation of any of my kids, into an abortion protest, I would be majorly angry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Plant parenthood?
Yes, see the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
The Pope is a horticologist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by normie View Post
Plant Parenthood.... that's the group that protests whenever people pull weeds.

You should see the outrage that boils over in Plant Parenthood when farmers deposit seeds in the ground every spring... and then after they start to sprout those evil farmers thin out the seedlings. Then they go to church on Sunday, claiming to be Christians.

What hypocrites! Thou shalt not kill, farmers!!!! The commandment doesn't say "except for food." And don't listen to the claim that the sprouted seeds aren't plants yet... once a seed has sprouted it has a life!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Yes, there's a huge movement all over the midwest to disrupt the planting season and throw funerals for these corn and soybean seedlings. Instead of tea parties, popcorn and tofu parties, in memory of the corn and soybeans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies