Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 09:47 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,210,102 times

Advertisements

Yea, here's a couple would be terrorist...

The day before President Barack Obama was to meet with Israel's prime minister, community activists, clergy and residents marched through Oak Park on Sunday to call for a just solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

And they were led in their efforts by a politically provocative pair from Chicago: Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. and William Ayers.

The two men shared the stage for one of the first times at First United Church of Oak Park during a forum before the annual walk.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,6689521.story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 09:59 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,525,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
Yea, here's a couple would be terrorist...

The day before President Barack Obama was to meet with Israel's prime minister, community activists, clergy and residents marched through Oak Park on Sunday to call for a just solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

And they were led in their efforts by a politically provocative pair from Chicago: Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. and William Ayers.

The two men shared the stage for one of the first times at First United Church of Oak Park during a forum before the annual walk.

William Ayers, Rev. Jeremiah Wright Jr. headline Mideast peace rally -- chicagotribune.com
Ayers called a "terrorist" for protesting WAR (ah the irony)

Wright called unpatriotic for speaking the TRUTH (ah the irony)

Old 05-18-2009, 07:48 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Ayers called a "terrorist" for protesting WAR (ah the irony)
Ayers called a terrorist for protesting war by bombing American citizens.

You left that part out.

Gotta love all the terrorist apologists on this board. The Mideast Peace Rally is an anti Israel rally, and nothing more. Israel can keep giving them more and more land, but they'll keep pushing for more, until they run every Jew into the sea. That's all they want. They don't care about the land. They want to kill all the Jews.

And idiots like this are catering to genocidal maniacs.

What's worse, they're too stupid to realize it and actually think there will ever be peace in that region. There can't be peace when one group of people wants to eradicate another for no other reason than they're not muslim.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:51 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,640,468 times
Rev Wright who not only rejoyced on 9-11 but is good friends of Farrakhan and Ayers who used bombs to protest war.

Yep - two upstanding citizens there

Old 05-18-2009, 07:53 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Ayers called a terrorist for protesting war by bombing American citizens.

You left that part out.

Gotta love all the terrorist apologists on this board. The Mideast Peace Rally is an anti Israel rally, and nothing more. Israel can keep giving them more and more land, but they'll keep pushing for more, until they run every Jew into the sea. That's all they want. They don't care about the land. They want to kill all the Jews.

And idiots like this are catering to genocidal maniacs.

What's worse, they're too stupid to realize it and actually think there will ever be peace in that region. There can't be peace when one group of people wants to eradicate another for no other reason than they're not muslim.
Agreed You've summed up the root of the conflict.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:06 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times
In all honesty, I don't know much about this Ayers fellow. I know he and the President said Hi at community fundraiser. I don't even know if he's ever been convicted of any crimes or served anytime. I do know Reverend Wright though. I've seen him in every black church I've ever been to, loudly and unabashedly speaking the truth. Sadly though, many of the misinformed formed judgements on the man based on THREE sound bites, nothing more.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:11 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,429,021 times
Those sound bites came straight out of his mouth, did they not? They actually weren't sound bites. They were lengthy diatribes. Sounds bites are short "bites" that people pick and choose and often take out of context to make it work for their side.

That wasn't a sound bite. It was a rant against the country that gives him the freedom to do so. He's welcome to do that in this country, but we're also welcome to think he's an idiot and voice our displeasure and thoughts of such a man.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:14 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Those sound bites came straight out of his mouth, did they not? They actually weren't sound bites. They were lenghty diatribes. Sounds bites are short "bites" that people pick and choose and often take out of context to make it work for their side.

That wasn't a sound bite. It was a rant against the country that gives him the freedom to do so. He's welcome to do that in this country, but we're also welcome to think he's an idiot and voice our displeasure and thoughts of such a man.
Did you actually hear these "diatribes" or were they "explained" to you? If you had actually heard the SERMON you would understand the context. If you think Wright is an idiot, then you think every black minister is America is an idiot. I would also suggest that you never set foot in a black barbershop

Old 05-18-2009, 08:47 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
I've seen him in every black church I've ever been to, loudly and unabashedly speaking the truth. Sadly though, many of the misinformed formed judgements on the man based on THREE sound bites, nothing more.
oh my word.

this is 'truth' in your book?

Quote:
'We started the AIDS virus.'
Quote:
[the disgusting racist louis farrakhan] 'truly epitomized greatness'
Quote:
"I must tell you that Israel was the closest ally to the white supremacists of South Africa. In fact, South Africa allowed Israel to test its nuclear weapons in the ocean off South Africa. The Israelis were given a blank check: they could test whenever they desired and did not even have to ask permission. Both worked on an ethnic bomb that kills Blacks and Arabs."

Last edited by uggabugga; 05-18-2009 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: add brackets

Old 05-18-2009, 08:52 AM

80 posts, read 363,262 times
While I dont agree with many of Rev Wrights rants I respect him more than Pat Robertson and his ilk for Rev Wright served his nation and he was a Marine. He fought and sacrificed for free speech! What did the others ever do but steal money from fragile old people by promising them eternity and then buying 7 mansions on the beaches of Virginia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies