Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2009, 06:26 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,389,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
democrats don't treat blacks badly, they use them to get into office. repblicans do the same thing with bible thumpers.
That is true and in a lot of cases rural, white, republican, bible thumper counties, are just as poor, and degenerating just as badly is inner city black areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 06:30 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
The proposition presumes that African Americans are separate and apart of the Democratic Party, as if Democrats are white and blacks serve in some auxiliary a totally separate position when the fact is, without mentioning that the highest ranking member of the Democratic Party is an African American, African Americans serve as elected leaders of the Party from the lowest block captain to the Party's national committee. Which, makes the question and the questioner foolish on the face of it.
actually, what it is is reality. politicians will do whatever they want to get elected. they will go after a certain demographic, and use that demographic for political advantage.

Old 05-20-2009, 06:30 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
democrats don't treat blacks badly, they use them to get into office. repblicans do the same thing with bible thumpers.
thats tru.
btw, no democrats dont treat blacks badly but if they do, they shoudn't b/c we vote for democrats at higher rates than evrybody else and that in the end may cost the democrats votes
-m23-

Old 05-20-2009, 07:40 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,028,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
You don't take a position because it "feels good" or you don't "like". You take positions because its the right thing to do.

If come with the attitude that "I'm a black man treat me differently" then no, I don't thin you'd be very comfortable. Try the mindset of "I'm a human being and American and would like to hear what the republicans have to say".
Considering the nature and shouting at Palin rallies it would be hard to fit in and not feel like the N word they were prone to shouting out. How about the question of real Americans and just now who are they? Once again I can see that we would not be compatible in the same political party and that is why I am a former Republican. What if I live in Communist North Virginia?

Old 05-20-2009, 07:41 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,028,394 times
Quote:
One thing you should understand is Republicans aren't going to chase you down and bend over backward.

Republicans are also not going to attempt to buy your vote with handouts and entitlements like democrats.

When black folks finally want real change from high school dropout rates, crime, illegitimacy etc, we can begin to talk about the
republican viewpoint on these things and how to solve them.
Once again you help clarify why the Republican big tent is collapsing under the weight of a segment of its membership. You have no idea about me or my beliefs on race and yet you can castigate me based on? I am reacting to your wording and the basic nature of this thread which to me seemed intended to stir up racial issues. Again some believe in diversity and some believe in divisiveness. What say ye?

The many threads and discussion in this and related forums during the primary and general elections and the time after it have or haven't contributed to the raising of the big tent in the Republican Party. I really wonder if Hispanics are feeling the love these days.

http://www.redcounty.com/gop-a-permanent-minority-party
Among the 28 percent of voters who now identify as Republican or Republican-leaning, 68 percent identify themselves as conservative.

In other words, the RINOs have fled the party.
The above is from the link
Need some more?
http://www.gallup.com/poll/118528/GO...ic-Groups.aspx
PRINCETON, NJ -- The decline in Republican Party affiliation among Americans in recent years is well documented, but a Gallup analysis now shows that this movement away from the GOP has occurred among nearly every major demographic subgroup. Since the first year of George W. Bush's presidency in 2001, the Republican Party has maintained its support only among frequent churchgoers, with conservatives and senior citizens showing minimal decline

Again perhaps it is not the positions that challenge the Republican party but the personality of some of the fringo wing.

Last edited by TuborgP; 05-20-2009 at 07:55 PM..

Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,619,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Once again you help clarify why the Republican big tent is collapsing under the weight of a segment of its membership. You have no idea about me or my beliefs on race and yet you can castigate me based on? I am reacting to your wording and the basic nature of this thread which to me seemed intended to stir up racial issues. Again some believe in diversity and some believe in divisiveness. What say ye?

The many threads and discussion in this and related forums during the primary and general elections and the time after it have or haven't contributed to the raising of the big tent in the Republican Party. I really wonder if Hispanics are feeling the love these days.

GOP: A Permanent Minority Party? | Red County
Among the 28 percent of voters who now identify as Republican or Republican-leaning, 68 percent identify themselves as conservative.

In other words, the RINOs have fled the party.
Need some more?
GOP Losses Span Nearly All Demographic Groups
PRINCETON, NJ -- The decline in Republican Party affiliation among Americans in recent years is well documented, but a Gallup analysis now shows that this movement away from the GOP has occurred among nearly every major demographic subgroup. Since the first year of George W. Bush's presidency in 2001, the Republican Party has maintained its support only among frequent churchgoers, with conservatives and senior citizens showing minimal decline

Again perhaps it is not the positions that challenge the Republican party but the personality of some of the fringo wing.

You are splitting hairs. Why dont you agknowledge that the dems are keeping the blacks down in the poverty level, handing them scraps and promising more welfare if only they would vote for them? Oh thats right...Democrats take a dim view on self reliance..

Old 05-21-2009, 08:00 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Wake me up when the Republicans have a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, much less an African American POTUS.
Blacks can't throw other blacks under the bus?

Sounds like a racist stereotype to me.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:05 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Progress is slow. It's better now than it was in the 60s (though there is still a long way to go).
Ever been to inner-city Detroit? Trust me it was far better fourty years ago. Today it looks like they fought a nuclear war and lost.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:11 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Blacks have been voting for Democrats at high percentages (up to 90%) for at the least the last 40 years, but they have seen little improvement in their communities ( in some cases total deterioration) . In cities like Oakland, CA for example, (run by democrats) you have some of the highest high school dropout rates and crime rates in the country.

My question is, do Democrats actually care about the demographic that consistently votes for them?

Are they doing this on purpose? Because it really seems so. To go 40 years voting for a party and have little to show for it would probably make me question my voting patterns.

Discuss.
imo The question should be why do most Republicans and Democrats treat their constituents so bad. The question right after that should be, "Why do we keep reelecting them"?

Old 05-21-2009, 08:53 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,854,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Considering the nature and shouting at Palin rallies it would be hard to fit in and not feel like the N word they were prone to shouting out. How about the question of real Americans and just now who are they? Once again I can see that we would not be compatible in the same political party and that is why I am a former Republican. What if I live in Communist North Virginia?
I was not at any Palin rallies as I do not support her unAmerican policies. I also do not support Obamas because of his unAmerican policies.

I also did not hear from the media concerning racists comments being shouted by the crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies