Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:51 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,715,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
The plan was to "liberate" the Middle East from the Thrall of Islam and convert them all to Evangelical Christians for the Glory of God. The Crusade was to end with the Capture of Jerusalem from the heathen Jews.

What they failed to mention was the God involved was Mammon and the true liberation applied to the oil fields of all those countries and eventually Saudi Arabia. The religious belief of the people involved was irrelevant.
No, the plan was to control the oil ... bringing jesus into it made it sexy for the simpletons to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 07:11 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
A lot of people call Iraq "Bush's War" I offer an article showing just who pulled the strings in the early days of the Iraq war. (Hint, it wasn't the CIC)
AND HE SHALL BE JUDGED

Former defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld has always answered his detractors by claiming that history will one day judge him kindly. But as he waits for that day, a new group of critics—his administration peers—are suddenly speaking out for the first time. What they’re saying? It isn’t pretty

By Robert Draper

on the morning of Thursday, April 10, 2003, Donald Rumsfeld’s Pentagon prepared a top-secret briefing for George W. Bush. This document, known as the Worldwide Intelligence Update, was a daily digest of critical military intelligence so classified that it circulated among only a handful of Pentagon leaders and the president; Rumsfeld himself often delivered it, by hand, to the White House. The briefing’s cover sheet generally featured triumphant, color images from the previous days’ war efforts: On this particular morning, it showed the statue of Saddam Hussein being pulled down in Firdos Square, a grateful Iraqi child kissing an American soldier, and jubilant crowds thronging the streets of newly liberated Baghdad. And above these images, and just below the headline secretary of defense, was a quote that may have raised some eyebrows. It came from the Bible, from the book of Psalms: “Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him…To deliver their soul from death.”

http://men.style.com/gq/features/landing?id=content_9217

And for those who will, undoubtedly say this is old news, or no longer applicable, ask yourselves this question. Does throwing sand in the gears make the engine run smoother? Was Rumsfeld's running of the Iraq War in the nation's, or his own, best interests?
The neocons let us know years ago what the plan was - they didnt hide it - Welcome to the Project for the New American Century

Isnt it funny that Rumsfeld knew, the best way to communicate to The Decider was by showing him colorful pictures with short, nontaxing quotes.

Exactly the same way he rallied up volunteers to go fight in the Crusade - //www.city-data.com/forum/elect...-soldiers.html

Old 05-19-2009, 07:27 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,062,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
God help us all when the atheists control the army. Any military must reflect a nation's morals. There is no such thing as a utilitarian military philosophy.
I find far fewer dangerous fanatics among the ranks of atheists, all of whom seem to have a strong sense of morality. It takes a religious fanatic killing in the name of God to really lead us to genocide. Christians, Jews, Muslims, et al at one time or the other decide that God has told them to wipe out some other group of people.

Old 05-19-2009, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
I find far fewer dangerous fanatics among the ranks of atheists, all of whom seem to have a strong sense of morality. It takes a religious fanatic killing in the name of God to really lead us to genocide. Christians, Jews, Muslims, et al at one time or the other decide that God has told them to wipe out some other group of people.
Rummy knew this to be true.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:01 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,103,127 times
Here's the "Holy War" from a vet's perspective:

Jon Soltz
Co-Founder of VoteVets.org, served as a Captain in Operation Iraqi Freedom
Posted: May 18, 2009 01:59 PM

It's Official: Bush Admin Saw Iraq As Religious War

When I signed up to serve in the United States Army, I did so because I wanted to serve my country. I wanted to - if called - put my life on the line to defend her, and all she stands for. We who served take an oath to defend this nation and its Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic. As a Jew, one of the most important principles to me in our Constitution is religious freedom. Steeped in the history of colonization of America by those who were persecuted for their worship, tolerance of all religions and not putting one ahead of another, is a core principle I would die for.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-soltz/its-official-bush-admin-s_b_204745.html

Amazing how religion can be perverted to fit an agenda.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:05 AM

It's really evil - the kind of thing you go to Hell for.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:07 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,849,037 times
Why is it a problem when a Republican mentions religion yet not a problem when a Democrat does? We have heard a lot from Obama concerning his faith and no one seems to react to it at all. Last weekend he even mentioned Jesus Christ:

"And something else happened during the time I spent in those neighborhoods. Perhaps because the church folks I worked with were so welcoming and understanding; perhaps because they invited me to their services and sang with me from their hymnals; perhaps because I witnessed all of the good works their faith inspired them to perform, I found myself drawn - not just to work with the church, but to be in the church. It was through this service that I was brought to Christ."

Where is the separation of church and state?

Old 05-19-2009, 08:27 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,103,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Why is it a problem when a Republican mentions religion yet not a problem when a Democrat does? We have heard a lot from Obama concerning his faith and no one seems to react to it at all. Last weekend he even mentioned Jesus Christ:

"And something else happened during the time I spent in those neighborhoods. Perhaps because the church folks I worked with were so welcoming and understanding; perhaps because they invited me to their services and sang with me from their hymnals; perhaps because I witnessed all of the good works their faith inspired them to perform, I found myself drawn - not just to work with the church, but to be in the church. It was through this service that I was brought to Christ."

When you send troops into another country, then embelish photos with biblical phrases to turn a war to protect oil into a religious crusade, then, yes, I have a problem with it.

This is waaaaaayyyyy more than "mentioning" religion.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:05 AM

24,385 posts, read 23,041,608 times
So now we have a diversion on top of a diversion on top of a diversion. Pelosi goes after Bush to keep the liberals happy, the conservatives counter by going after Pelosi and now the liberals are going after Rumsfeld.
Bush is out and hopefully Obama will be too sooneer rather than later. When he's out of office lets just forget him. Let's forget both of them. let's forget ALL of them.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamusnh View Post
Why is it a problem when a Republican mentions religion yet not a problem when a Democrat does?

[***]

Didnt George Bush refer to his religion from time to time? And Reagan (or that is Peggy Noonan) talked constantly about The Big Guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies