Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 05:46 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
My posts are about American abortions and roe versus wade.
i repeat what you quoted was not American deaths in ww2, or ww1
Can you show me the amount of abortions seperated by reasons...

Emergency(womens who lives are at risk)
Drug addicts(the baby would have been born with an addiction or mental illness)
Medical problems, the child's life would have been one with support of medicines and machines. This is for those that argue that abortion isnt natural, neither is living from medical assistance, should we stop that as well?
Women who where raped

I there are justifiable reasons to have an abortion...how many of those 49 million deaths that you go on about where justifiable?

I cannot find anything anywhere which labels the reasons for abortion.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:46 PM

530 posts, read 649,855 times
Quote:
49 million americans have been killed since 1973, what war has cost us 49 million?
Well, are you looking at the deaths on bothsides not just americas?

Old 06-11-2009, 05:47 PM

341 posts, read 452,143 times
Quote:
You have failed to understand that we have denied 49 million people their lives

Ok. Check it out. 1 in 4 pregnancies is a natural miscarriage.

Unknowingly so, about 25% of those abortions would have ended up

as miscarriages. That takes us down to 36 "solid" abortions in the last

37 years. That means that just over 900,000 "lives have been denied per

year".

Of those 900,000...have you asked every woman what grounds her abortion fell under? You might be surprised to learn that many are medical &/or incest. I'm positive that would bring the figures down to 500,000 per year at LEAST.

I just know WAY too many girls who have had medical issues or been the victims of incest to believe that every single abortion has been the "denying of life".

What kind of life is one if the mother must die for the pregnancy...the baby has no mother?What kind of life entails a risk of you suffering mentally and genetically because you are a product of incest? What kind of life is inclusive of suffering from a disability or mental retardation that makes it impossible for one to ever function normally on their own? What kind of life does a baby have if they are to suffer mentally, physically, or emotionally upon birth and until the day they die?

I urge you....start SPEAKING with survivors of abortion...there are A TON of us women out there. I'm sure many would be willing to share their stories with you and change your entire perspective.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:56 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times
Quote:
49 million americans have been killed since 1973, what war has cost us 49 million?
What makes an American fetus more important than any other fetus.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
The ultimate punishement is to deny someone their right to live. Common sense woudl tell me murder is wrong
You think that is the ultimate Punishment? Have you ever seen a child burned so bad that they weren't recongnizeable? Have you ever seen a child beaten so bad that they layed in aa hospital bed with tubes coming out of every place in their body? How about a child so mangled by a landmine they can't speak or walk but are laying there waiting to die. Have you ever seen a starving child in africa who is eat up with aids and is so swollen from dehydration and starvation they can't move? Because I have! And to me death would be a glad end to this kind of suffering. But, hey i'm sure that the unknown death of an embryo whos brain isn't capable of the knowledge of pain is worse to you then that!

Old 06-11-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Your 49 million numbe ris the numbe rof abortions since Roe Versus Wade.
Foster care is paid by the state ranging from 10-12000 a year.
me help you with the numbers.
I'm my state there were 77,000 abortions lat year.

Half those would be with parents that could afford them if they chose to have the children

That is an assumption on your part!
So now we have 38,000 adoptable infants in our state.
No you have 77000

Now lets say not one is adopted. Of that 38000 I'm willing to guess that 1/3 would be kept by there mothers

You already gave the parents half now your going to give them another 1/3. So is it 1/2 or 1/3 or 1/2+1/3, I'm confused?

That would leave 25000 to be adopted.
No that would leave 77,000

Right now there is a waiting list for infants of 13000 in Texas
so that leaves 12000 left,

No that leaves 64,000
Ok so there, i did break down your numbers. They don't add up, and you still haven't factored in any of the cost of living!

Old 06-12-2009, 01:42 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
Quote:
My posts are about American abortions and roe versus wade.
i repeat what you quoted was not American deaths in ww2, or ww1
Since you dodged my previous question...

Why are American abortions important? If you're so serious about saving lives why alter American social policy instead of working to limit abortions in poor countries via foreign aid. This would, in all probability, be a thousand times more effective than social engineering.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:12 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Can you show me the amount of abortions seperated by reasons...

Emergency(womens who lives are at risk)
Drug addicts(the baby would have been born with an addiction or mental illness)
Medical problems, the child's life would have been one with support of medicines and machines. This is for those that argue that abortion isnt natural, neither is living from medical assistance, should we stop that as well?
Women who where raped

I there are justifiable reasons to have an abortion...how many of those 49 million deaths that you go on about where justifiable?

I cannot find anything anywhere which labels the reasons for abortion.
Reasons Women Choose Abortion (U.S.)
  • Wants to postpone childbearing: 25.5%
  • Wants no (more) children: 7.9%
  • Cannot afford a baby: 21.3%
  • Having a child will disrupt education or job: 10.8%
  • Has relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy: 14.1%
  • Too young; parent(s) or other(s) object to pregnancy: 12.2%
  • Risk to maternal health: 2.8%
  • Risk to fetal health: 3.3%
  • Other: 2.1%

Abortion Statistics by U.S. State, Race, Age and Worldwide Statistics (http://www.abortiontv.com/Misc/AbortionStatistics.htm#Why - broken link) Abortions Are Performed

Old 06-12-2009, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Since you dodged my previous question...

Why are American abortions important? If you're so serious about saving lives why alter American social policy instead of working to limit abortions in poor countries via foreign aid. This would, in all probability, be a thousand times more effective than social engineering.
The only thing i can help change is overturning roe versus wade.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
Ok so there, i did break down your numbers. They don't add up, and you still haven't factored in any of the cost of living!
The numbers do add up because you claim 77,000 will go into foister care. As the numbers show there will not be 77,000 go into foster care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies