Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 01:32 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times

Advertisements

In order for most people to take a study seriously the study need to be extensive and for more than just one year. The study needs to take place in more than one city/state. By limiting what city or state you limit the total amount of real responses. I guarantee you that some Pro Life org Asked the New York based institute to do a study in their area only as to get statistics in their favor. Now if someone was to do an actual national study for say 3-5years then yes..I could take it serious.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:34 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
In order for most people to take a study seriously the study need to be extensive and for more than just one year. The study needs to take place in more than one city/state. By limiting what city or state you limit the total amount of real responses. I guarantee you that some Pro Life org Asked the New York based institute to do a study in their area only as to get statistics in their favor. Now if someone was to do an actual national study for say 3-5years then yes..I could take it serious.
The institue had kept iformation on abortion not only in america but world wide since the late 70s.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:51 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
so do you believe in any polls or just the ones you agree with
If you actually read my posts, I think you'd see that I am making the point that all polls, even the ones I want to agree with (and statistics in general), are suspect. By "suspect", I mean they really can't be relied on in most cases.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:53 PM

530 posts, read 649,855 times
Quote:
Giving the people a say in their state as to making it legal or illegal is alwasy a good thing. And that is all overturning roe versus wade would do, it woudl throw the decision to the states.
So you don't really care about ending abortion...you just want it to be a state issue...ok now i really see where you are coming from! Oh, just a funny thought...what if every state made it legal? Would you still have a problem with it?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
So if you are a memebr of a church in your opinion you have no rights to take political stands for or against abortions or any other political issue. So what you are saying is only people who do not go to church or members of a church can voice their opinion on abortion.
No all I am saying is religion and politics have no business co-mingling.

Old 06-18-2009, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I am pro choice with children. I myself don't really agree with abortion but feel that it is none of my business what a woman decides to do. That is until they do it with tax dollars. At that point it becomes every tax payers business. have all the abortions you like just pay for them yourself.
Last time I checked you do have to pay for them yourself....what's worse is the people who have the children instead of an abortion and are on public assistance for you and me to pay for for the next 18 yrs!

Old 06-18-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Comparing a tattoo with a unborn human is ludicrous
No allowing the government to tell me what i can and can't do with my body is!

Old 06-18-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
There tend to be so many variables (demographics and the way questions are asked) that there are questions of viability in any poll no matter how thorough or unbiased the intention. One can only minimize, but not eliminate, these variables. Therefore, the results are suspect.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
No allowing the government to tell me what i can and can't do with my body is!
She's baaaaaaack!

Old 06-18-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
So you don't really care about ending abortion...you just want it to be a state issue...ok now i really see where you are coming from! Oh, just a funny thought...what if every state made it legal? Would you still have a problem with it?
Yes. Jab. Jab. Combo. Jab. Good work!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies