Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:01 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
You sure like to dance around the topic and questions when you feel your looseing ground, don't you . Where did the killing of the poor come to play?
Abortion is killing. People keep asking how can we afford it if we do not abort all these unborn . What have i not answered. I have bene very clear sorry you can not see that

Old 06-19-2009, 09:05 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Abortion is killing. People keep asking how can we afford it if we do not abort all these unborn . What have i not answered. I have bene very clear sorry you can not see that
I can see this has come to a dead end and I don't do battle with the mentally unarmed. Chow

Old 06-19-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I can see this has come to a dead end and I don't do battle with the mentally unarmed. Chow
So do as most on your side does. Insult someone and run off when you no longer can debate with respect

Old 06-19-2009, 09:53 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
I think its a case by case senerio with alot of grey areas. When you travel as much as i have and work in the medical field as long as i have then you will be a little more open minded. I have seen people liive through things you would never wish on your worse enemy. We all choice life or death everyday in this country. If you choose to smoke, you choose to risk other peoples lifes to cancer. If you choose to speed you choose to risk wrecks and taking of lives. If you choose to litter and abuse the enviroment you choose assisting others to help kill us all by killing our planet. Everything in life isn't so open and shut. Wake Up!
Good point.

I've always been a believer in the Native American way of life and in some of the old tribes the sick and dying were left behind. Although this is not a practice today, then, it was for the safety and health of the tribe as they moved and all trible members knew and understood that.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Good point.

I've always been a believer in the Native American way of life and in some of the old tribes the sick and dying were left behind. Although this is not a practice today, then, it was for the safety and health of the tribe as they moved and all trible members knew and understood that.
Correct they were left behind , they were not killed. Abortion is killing.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:19 PM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times
Quote:
Correct they were left behind , they were not killed. Abortion is killing.
In addition to tribal ways for the elders, a large number of American Indians were left behind when relocated by our government. Left in conditions unfit for animals, on land unfit for crops. In short. Left to die. Starvation. Disease. I'll go one step further and state that I believe this might even be a fate worse than death. Not killed but left behind to die. At that point, what the heck is the difference? The end result, brought on by either action, is certain death.

Another question for you. How do you feel about euthanasia?

Old 06-19-2009, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Floyd View Post
In addition to tribal ways for the elders, a large number of American Indians were left behind when relocated by our government. Left in conditions unfit for animals, on land unfit for crops. In short. Left to die. Starvation. Disease. I'll go one step further and state that I believe this might even be a fate worse than death. Not killed but left behind to die. At that point, what the heck is the difference? The end result, brought on by either action, is certain death.

Another question for you. How do you feel about euthanasia?
Leaving one behind alive is still alive. Abortion is killing.
Euthansia is fine for dogs

Old 06-19-2009, 12:30 PM

The argument of wjtwet reduced to its essence. Killing is bad. Abortion is killing. Therefore abortion is bad.

Is see an awful lot of verbage to make this point. Enough already. It would be one thing if we could argue / discuss whether some killing is acceptible or whether individual rights are greater than ones allowed by the government. I think it's clear that these things can't really be argued effectively here. You'd have about as much luck convincing Osama Bin Laden that the USA is not the "Great Satan." This is how dogma works. This is how deep seated ideologies perpetuate.

BTW, refer to post #1297 for a perfect example of not getting another one's point and simply stating the same thing over and over. This is not an argument. It is wjtwet's proclamation. He apparently does not know the difference.

Last edited by Mr Floyd; 06-19-2009 at 12:43 PM..

Old 06-19-2009, 12:32 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Folks; no one is saying anything that has not been said again, and again, and again - on this thread.

Perhaps it is time to let this thread die or, perhaps it should be just closed.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Leaving one behind alive is still alive. Abortion is killing.
Euthansia is fine for dogs
If you leave someone behind and that is going to result in certain death, you have given them a death sentence. There is really no difference in that or just simply killing them. In fact, simply killing them is probably the compassionate choice. But in your narrowminded view, you apparently can't see that.

Now I asked about euthanasia. I kind of figured this would be your response. There are a lot of terminally ill people who would disagree with your typically rigid stance. If you had your way, you would effectively be leaving them behind to die a slow and horrible death. Nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies