Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 04:32 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Wow, so a woman that was raped should have to give birth?
How about the child that is to be born, what if it is sick and will live a short unhappy life?
What do you constitute as self defense?
I could easily argue that by having an abortion becasue you cannot afford it and you will have to give the child up or starve is self defense of the mother and unborn.

Yes i see you think argue money is as imprtant as life.

Plus a third term early pregnancy, if the child is a premature birth can infact survive. And guess what...by the time you reach that point the Child has infact begun to utilize brain function.

So are you changing your definition of life now? Earlier you said it must have self will to have life. So do you support third term abortions or not?

Let me ask you this...if you beleive in God, and dont like abortion...how can you like god...he is the biggest abortionist of them all..miscarriages?

I will leave that to god will rather than mans will to kill. Its clear you trust man to kill
Well we try to tell each other what to do all the time...and we do tell other countries what to do as do they with us...its called global communication

The question was why am i not worried about other countries abortions. I asnwered why
Would have a problem with someone who took a pill just after sex to stop pregnancy...even before they knew they where pregnant? How about stronger birth control or maybe laws requiring the use of them unless you intend to have a child?

You do not know right after sex if you are pregnant. I have no objections to the morning after pill or any form of birth control

Wow, since you can read minds...guess what i was going to write here.

I do not read minds, i read your own words

Life is not just the ability to breath or live...life is much more than that. I do not compromise life.

if you do not compromise life why support an action that denies the right to a life
Simple thing of it is...how is someone you do not know having an abortion doing anything to your life? Why cant you stay out of other peoples business. I may not like abortion, and think that measures should be taken prior to pregnancy, however...I cannot tell someone else what to do with their bodies.
You are telling the unborn what is being done to his life . Why do you claim you do not like telling humans what they do with their life

Roe vs. wade will never be overturned. Just as slave labor will not return in America. Some people didnt like that or any of the equal rights movements that we have had. But, they have learned to deal with it, or simply stay out of it.
If i supported it I would also say it would never be overturned. However I do not and will work to do so and believe it will be.At some point society will look and see this genocide and realize it is not a good thing. Over turning Roe Versus wade would not stop abortion, it would just return that choice to the states. Why would a pro choicer be scared to let the people of a state decide?

I think they should pass a law that states anyone who chooses to get involved in someone elses business without consent should be fined or have certain liberties taken away. If someone is doing something that I dont like, but it isnt doing anything to me or anyone else...stay out of it.
why not make murder legal then. If you are not being murdered you should just stay out of it. Lets make grand theft legal, if it does not affect you why have a law? Abortion might not affect me as murder has not, i would like both to be illegal

And since a fetus is not a legal definition of a human being and cannot speak for itself it is up to the parents to decide what is right. Just as parents do with their children after birth.

And the Jews were not by German law people either. and slaves in our country were not humans either. Should people have who believed otherwise made themselves heard? Just because the law makes it legal does not mean the law does not need to be changed. If we ignore this genocide then we will one day be seen as murderers

Abortion is never an easy thing to do...losing a child is hard no matter what. My friend who was raped, to this day has a hard time with it and that was a year ago. She feels like she did something wrong...and she did not. The rapist was the one who was in the wrong, not her.

I never claimed abortion was easy. In fact you have given the money reason that seems to make it easy. Yes a couple or a woman would have more money without children , but is that a reason to deny life?
Rape is not about a rapist wanting children rape is about power. Your friend did not have to ever see this child, she could have given it for adoption, that child would never had to know. As the child turned to an adult and wished to pursue his/her biological parents, he /she would have empathy for the mother that was raped but refused to kill . He she would understand why the biological mother gave the child up. They could feel empathy because they would be alive. not dead

If you say that a woman who is raped has no right to get an abortion then you are certainly supporting rape. And that you would not care if multiple women where raped and forced to have a child that will remind her of that horrible time. I have seen women that where raped who went through with the pregnancy...some become so depressed that they attempt suicide, to me this is worse than having an abortion. Some of the women have the child and give it up for adoption, this is also not an easy thing to do. How about a child who was kept by his raped mother? My friend is the result of a raped pregnancy, everyday he wishes he wasnt alive, his father is a rapist and his mother doesnt love him. She even says this to him on a regular basis, tells him that he was a mistake.
You claim becausei support life i support rape. Well if you support abortion you must support murder. Your assumption is wrong. You can help the rape victim. You can not help the dead

Old 06-20-2009, 05:22 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,681 times
I do not think that money is more important than life. I do not think that one life is more important than another. I do not think that a fetus has rights...and that infringing on another persons rights just to give another life form rights is wrong.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:24 PM

12 posts, read 21,593 times
I just think that abortions are horrible. There are other options besides killing the baby, however if a women decides to get it, who is gonna stop her?

Old 06-20-2009, 06:03 PM

Heres a question for those that are against abortion and think its murder. In your opinion what should happen to the people who have abortions?

Old 06-20-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Heres a question for those that are against abortion and think its murder. In your opinion what should happen to the people who have abortions?
Is abortion illegal in this assumption?

Old 06-20-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Let me clarify , have you made it illegal on a federal level , as a federal crime, or have you overturned roe versus wade and returned the legality to a state by state issue

Old 06-20-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Let me clarify , have you made it illegal on a federal level , as a federal crime, or have you overturned roe versus wade and returned the legality to a state by state issue
Well how about federal, becasue all someone would have to do if it became state to state is go to a different state.

So what do you think the penalty should be if it was a federal crime...

Ah heck, how about state penalty as well?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:40 PM

1,091 posts, read 3,591,495 times
This should be interesting, because frankly, I seriously doubt anybody has the balls to levy any sort of criminal penalties against a woman for refusing to remain pregnant against her will.

Old 06-21-2009, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Well how about federal, becasue all someone would have to do if it became state to state is go to a different state.

So what do you think the penalty should be if it was a federal crime...

Ah heck, how about state penalty as well?
A federal penalty would have to be severe as there are no federal misdemeanors. For the same reason I do not think it is the federal governments reach to keep abortion legal because of roe versus wade, i do not believe it is the federal governments reach to outlaw it. So the penalties should be on a state by state basis. Sinc emy beleif it is a state issue i do not think it should be a federal penalty or law against it

State Penalties- State penalties should be levied against the abortion doctor first. Obviously voluntary abortion is illegal the main penalty should be against the doctor or person doing the act. Abortions to save the life of the mother should not be outlawed. First conviction should remove the doctors license to practice medicine and a fine to be payed to the victim. Second conviction would fall into the practicing medicine without a license and whatever penalty that brings. Third conviction a mandatory 6 month jail term. Fourth conviction should be tried as second degree murder. Fifth conviction as first degree murder. By slowly increasing the penalties you give the doctor the chance to change.
The mother should have a sliding scale also. First conviction should incur a warning along with free birth control for life. Second conviction a hefty fine and counseling. A third conviction 6 months in jail. Fourth conviction should be for first degree murder.
If a woman has had counseling and free birth control for life and continued to use abortion as birth control there is a problem for the jails.

Old 06-21-2009, 06:09 AM

Jail, seriously? as if our jails arent taxed on space as it is.

One thing I noticed upon doing some research, the amount of abortions in the US is infact going down each year since about 1998.

Also, that most people who think abortion is okay think that is should be done in the first trimester and no later than that and hardly any beleive that doing it in the third trimester is right.

Also, Roe vs. wade brings up a great point. not one medicine, philosophy, and theology group can agree when human life begins. I will be surprised if it ever is agreed on.

Also, if it becomes a state by state issue, all a person has to do is go into another state and have the procedure done. It is like any medical procedure, some states have things that are legal and in other states they are illegal. All one has to do is travel to the state where it is illegal and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I think that abortion should not be made illegal for certain viable reasons, both mental and physical health of the mother and child. Rape, molestation, of both a stranger and family(sadly this does happen). And expense, if you cannot afford to give birth or support the child then yes it is okay. The only reason it should be illegal is if it is for birth control. Come on how could anyone make a 14 year old girl have a child if she was raped or molested by a stranger or even worse family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.