Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 08:35 AM

530 posts, read 649,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Funny....I've seen you calling others stupid throughout this thread, but you apparently don't know how to read. I'm well aware of the laws. I said "late term abortions are currently ILLEGAL in most cases." Go back and see. I simply asked whether you staunch pro-choicers think those laws should be repealed.
I appologize for my mistake, and unlike most i can admit when i am wrong. And you've seen me respond to one particular poster when my intellegence was question first, so the snide comment isn't needed. I particularly don't care when a woman has an abortion, although with late term abortions i would think the trama to the mother would be more, now that there is something moving and kicking inside of her, something that she has had for many months. I think also that the higher level of organ function would play part. Why would a woman wait until she was practically giving birth to decide to terminate her pregnancy? Also after a certain point the fetus is developed enough to actually sustain life outside the mothers womb, all be it difficult, it is possible. I could see that as the reason for making it illegal. Atleast in my opinion.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:54 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,217,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
I appologize for my mistake, and unlike most i can admit when i am wrong. And you've seen me respond to one particular poster when my intellegence was question first, so the snide comment isn't needed. I particularly don't care when a woman has an abortion, although with late term abortions i would think the trama to the mother would be more, now that there is something moving and kicking inside of her, something that she has had for many months. I think also that the higher level of organ function would play part. Why would a woman wait until she was practically giving birth to decide to terminate her pregnancy? Also after a certain point the fetus is developed enough to actually sustain life outside the mothers womb, all be it difficult, it is possible. I could see that as the reason for making it illegal. Atleast in my opinion.
So do you think third term abortions should be illegal

Old 06-23-2009, 12:26 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So do you think third term abortions should be illegal
Yes, we all do...

your next question will be...why?

becasue the baby now has higher brain functions, organs that can work if premature labor happens. A fetus can not.

your next question/statement will be why we chose a magical point where a fetus becomes a human.

well you do this as well, you choose to say that a fetus is human...why not a sperm or an egg? after all they are what make the fetus right? So why not protect the sperm and egg?

Then you will comment that a sperm and egg have no brain functions right? well think about this...the egg may not have brain function but a sperm...well a sperm seeks out the egg...it has a function...it is actually searching for the egg..to me this shows some brain function...

Old 06-23-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Yes, we all do...

your next question will be...why?

becasue the baby now has higher brain functions, organs that can work if premature labor happens. A fetus can not.

your next question/statement will be why we chose a magical point where a fetus becomes a human.

well you do this as well, you choose to say that a fetus is human...why not a sperm or an egg? after all they are what make the fetus right? So why not protect the sperm and egg?

Then you will comment that a sperm and egg have no brain functions right? well think about this...the egg may not have brain function but a sperm...well a sperm seeks out the egg...it has a function...it is actually searching for the egg..to me this shows some brain function...
Your basically correct. You believe abortion should be illegal as i do. You pick and choose when it should be and I do not

Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Your basically correct. You believe abortion should be illegal as i do. You pick and choose when it should be and I do not
So you think that a sperm and egg have a right to life as well? Well everyone...start having sex and having babies..cause you are killing a human by killing sperm and having your period.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
So you think that a sperm and egg have a right to life as well? Well everyone...start having sex and having babies..cause you are killing a human by killing sperm and having your period.
Already have gone through this in this thread
A sperm on its own is the fathers DNA and on it own is not a human, an egg on its own is the mothers DNA and on its own is not a human. Once the meet they have a unique set of DNA that will be a human.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:09 PM

16 posts, read 25,050 times
I am Pro-Life without children.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Already have gone through this in this thread
A sperm on its own is the fathers DNA and on it own is not a human, an egg on its own is the mothers DNA and on its own is not a human. Once the meet they have a unique set of DNA that will be a human.
But they both separately have human DNA...So they are in fact Humans because of the DNA.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
But they both separately have human DNA...So they are in fact Humans because of the DNA.
Your skin cells have DNA they on their own will not develop into a human. just a sperm cell on its own does developer into a human. juts like on egg on its own does not develop into a human. An egg fertilized by a sperm that plants itself into the uterus is a separate unique set off DNA that if allowed to live will be a human.
A sperm on its own will never develop into a human. maybe you need a basic sex ed course

Old 06-23-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Your skin cells have DNA they on their own will not develop into a human. just a sperm cell on its own does developer into a human. juts like on egg on its own does not develop into a human. An egg fertilized by a sperm that plants itself into the uterus is a separate unique set off DNA that if allowed to live will be a human.
A sperm on its own will never develop into a human. maybe you need a basic sex ed course
I think you need to take a Biology class...lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.