Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 07:42 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,416,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You believe that an embryo/fetus is the equivalent of a fully formed, functioning human being and equate abortion with murder. I don't. You, and those who believe as you do, have the choice to never have an abortion. Accordingly, I, and those who believe as I do, have the choice to consider abortion as an alternative to an unwanted pregnancy.

I suggest you MYOB and I will do the same.
Do you fail to see how insane this "just don't have an abortion yourself" argument is?

Pro-lifers who truly feel abortion as murder should not accept the "murders" occurring any more than you would accept a law making murder of a 2 year old or a 40 year old legal. How would you feel if such laws were passed? You wouldn't simply say "I won't kill, but I respect others' right to do so."

Pro-lifers have every right to work to change the laws; pro-choicers have every right to support the laws as they exist.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:54 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,321,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Do you fail to see how insane this "just don't have an abortion yourself" argument is?

Pro-lifers who truly feel abortion as murder should not accept the "murders" occurring any more than you would accept a law making murder of a 2 year old or a 40 year old legal. How would you feel if such laws were passed? You wouldn't simply say "I won't kill, but I respect others' right to do so."

Pro-lifers have every right to work to change the laws; pro-choicers have every right to support the laws as they exist.
Sorry, but I don't think it is insane.

Pro-lifers base their position on a belief, not a fact. They believe abortion is murder because they believe an embryo/fetus is the same a fully developed, fully functioning human being. Their beliefs are not an acceptable basis for a law.

A 2 or 40 year old is a fully developed, fully functioning human being in fact - no doubt about it. Killing either one is, indeed, murder.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:00 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,416,370 times
Quote:
Sorry, but I don't think it is insane.
Because you don't see it from the pro-lifers' view - consider that.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:08 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,321,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Because you don't see it from the pro-lifers' view - consider that.
Perhaps it is the pro-lifer's point of view that is insane and they should see it from my point view - consider that.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:34 AM

306 posts, read 473,453 times
This is not a Republican issue. Republicans use it to pander and divide, but it is a real issue. I am a huge Obama supporter, but damn I wish he was pro-life. I can't stand that the youngest people of this nation are not being protected.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Perhaps it is the pro-lifer's point of view that is insane and they should see it from my point view - consider that.
I see his point though. From a pro-choice person's view, pro-lifers are just taking away a right. In the eyes of a pro-lifer, pro-choicers are allowing murder. Just something to think about.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:28 AM

530 posts, read 648,774 times
Ok so all you pro- lifers do you now or did you ever support this war in the middle east? Be honest? If you did, you just said it was ok to murder thousand of innocent lifes ( ones up and walking around). But abortition should be illegal , huh? Glad to know you can distinguish which "murders" are justifable!

Old 05-26-2009, 09:58 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,197,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
Ok so all you pro- lifers do you now or did you ever support this war in the middle east? Be honest? If you did, you just said it was ok to murder thousand of innocent lifes ( ones up and walking around). But abortition should be illegal , huh? Glad to know you can distinguish which "murders" are justifable!
So does this mean all you pro deathers out there are against the war. You are against defending this country while you are pro death for 49 million Americans who have been denied their right to live.
You pro deathers are against the war but for killing our most innocent?
Glad you can distinguish which murders are justifiable

Old 05-26-2009, 10:54 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,749,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So does this mean all you pro deathers out there are against the war.
Whoever coined the word "pro-life" was a genius. He/she saw the reality that they won't have a leg to stand on if they used "anti-choice" as their rhetoric. It was just easier to coin something that would garner easier prey, with a talking point to boot. This statement from you is the perfect example of that.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
Idk I'm a Pro-Life Democrat. You can thank me for supporting Obama.

Last edited by LittleMathYou; 05-26-2009 at 11:20 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies