Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 11:18 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMathYou View Post
I see his point though. From a pro-choice person's view, pro-lifers are just taking away a right. In the eyes of a pro-lifer, pro-choicers are allowing murder. Just something to think about.
Again, why is it that I - a pro-choice person - must understand their point of view, but they - the pro lifers - are not obligated to understand mine??

If I must be reasonable and rational, why shouldn't they be the same?

Old 05-26-2009, 11:53 AM

530 posts, read 650,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
So does this mean all you pro deathers out there are against the war. You are against defending this country while you are pro death for 49 million Americans who have been denied their right to live.
You pro deathers are against the war but for killing our most innocent?
Glad you can distinguish which murders are justifiable
No my question, for those intellegent enough to understand it was ,that if you are pro- life and support/ed this war then your saying its ok to murder innocent people. You can't have it both ways.

Old 05-26-2009, 12:54 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
No my question, for those intellegent enough to understand it was ,that if you are pro- life and support/ed this war then your saying its ok to murder innocent people. You can't have it both ways.
And my reverse question is if yoru against the war why are you for killing the most innocent americans so you cant have it both ways either.

Last edited by wjtwet; 05-26-2009 at 12:56 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 05-26-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
And my reverse question is if yoru against the war why are you for killing the most innocent americans
I'm not for killing anyone. I would also bet most people aren't. What direct concern is it of yours what I do or don't do with my body. How does it effect your life in anyway? We all have to answer for the things we have or have not done in our life, you can't answer for someone else. Until you walk in someones shoes, you can even begin to understand where they are coming from. There are millions of people dying on the streets from lack of food or shelter, but are you out there yelling from the rooftops that we should all do more, taken in a homeless person lately? How bout this, if your against abortion we give you all the unwanted childern to care for. My point was don't draw lines in the sand. I can understand your want to defend this "unborn life" as you call it, but I can't understand why you think making it illegal is going to stop it. People will still have it done just like they did when it was illegal and there will always be someone willing to do it. I've never had an abortion, but I know lots of girl did when I was in school, everyone has different reasons, and some you would never begin to understand.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:05 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
And my reverse question is if yoru against the war why are you for killing the most innocent americans so you cant have it both ways either.
1. We might get into definition of when life begins, or what life is, before we worry about what an American is (by definition, it is not extended to an embryo, it is only extended to a baby that is born and lives on its own).
2. Being pro-choice is not about being pro-death/pro-abortion, although, I can see why weaklings use it as an argument.
3. People aren't necessarily against wars, they are generally against unnecessary wars. Having said that, it shouldn't take a person who is pro-choice, to be wary of toll any war takes (necessary or not) on humanity and life in general.
4. I happen to be occasionally surrounded by the radical right on occasions, all of whom can be assumed to be pro-lifers. They also have proven, to me, that they have an utter disregard for life in general and only value it when it helps them politically/socially.
5. Pro-choice folks are also for preventing unnecessary pregnancies, which often lead to abortion. But it is one of those things that the radical right fails to comprehend.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I'm not for killing anyone. I would also bet most people aren't. What direct concern is it of yours what I do or don't do with my body. How does it effect your life in anyway? We all have to answer for the things we have or have not done in our life, you can't answer for someone else. Until you walk in someones shoes, you can even begin to understand where they are coming from. There are millions of people dying on the streets from lack of food or shelter, but are you out there yelling from the rooftops that we should all do more, taken in a homeless person lately? How bout this, if your against abortion we give you all the unwanted childern to care for. My point was don't draw lines in the sand. I can understand your want to defend this "unborn life" as you call it, but I can't understand why you think making it illegal is going to stop it. People will still have it done just like they did when it was illegal and there will always be someone willing to do it. I've never had an abortion, but I know lots of girl did when I was in school, everyone has different reasons, and some you would never begin to understand.
I understand that 49 million lives have been denied because of abortion.So you are for killing 49 million.
49 million umborn had to asnwer for their death. They are not here to try to stop it.
You have no clue what shoes i have walked in so do not be so arrogant.
Show me any stat where there are millions of people dieing in america from lack of food. You make a whacked out comment like that. 49 million lives denied and murdered and you claim that it is ok becasue there millions of americans dieing of lack of food.
You drew the lines in the sand with your stupid question , so i gave you the reverse of yoru question to see how stupid it was.
I do not care what their reasons for killing are, its still denying life. Would you care why your family was being murdered or the fact they were murdered.
Ypu can not possibly understand what it is like to be a fetus and have your brains sucked out in the birth canal so do not lecture me on what i do not understand because unlike 49 million others we are here. Becasue our mothes chose not to kill us.
Genmocide is genocide , if it makes you feel warm fuzzy that it is legal right now it is the same warm and fuzzy the german people felt about extermianting jews.
Stop this genocide it is so wrong

Old 05-26-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
1. We might get into definition of when life begins, or what life is, before we worry about what an American is (by definition, it is not extended to an embryo, it is only extended to a baby that is born and lives on its own).
2. Being pro-choice is not about being pro-death/pro-abortion, although, I can see why weaklings use it as an argument.
3. People aren't necessarily against wars, they are generally against unnecessary wars. Having said that, it shouldn't take a person who is pro-choice, to be wary of toll any war takes (necessary or not) on humanity and life in general.
4. I happen to be occasionally surrounded by the radical right on occasions, all of whom can be assumed to be pro-lifers. They also have proven, to me, that they have an utter disregard for life in general and only value it when it helps them politically/socially.
5. Pro-choice folks are also for preventing unnecessary pregnancies, which often lead to abortion. But it is one of those things that the radical right fails to comprehend.
1.) when i sperm hooks up with an egg the proces sof life is started. That is a fact

2) Being pro coice is being pro death 49 million since roe versus wade

3) then the poste rshoudl not have made the comparision

4) I do not know who you surround yourself by why you think protecting life is a political play. Lot of democrats are pro life are you having parnoid about them
5) I am all for education prevention free condoms birth control, rthym method whatever it takes to prevent un wantd pregancy while we as humans enjoy sex. However if that sperm meets the egg we should not deny it life as we have 49 million times since roe versus wade.
Prevent and educate all that is needed. but stop this genocide

Old 05-26-2009, 02:10 PM

Quote:
I understand that 49 million lives have been denied because of abortion.So you are for killing 49 million.
49 million umborn had to asnwer for their death. They are not here to try to stop it.
You have no clue what shoes i have walked in so do not be so arrogant.
Show me any stat where there are millions of people dieing in america from lack of food. You make a whacked out comment like that. 49 million lives denied and murdered and you claim that it is ok becasue there millions of americans dieing of lack of food.
You drew the lines in the sand with your stupid question , so i gave you the reverse of yoru question to see how stupid it was.
I do not care what their reasons for killing are, its still denying life. Would you care why your family was being murdered or the fact they were murdered.
Ypu can not possibly understand what it is like to be a fetus and have your brains sucked out in the birth canal so do not lecture me on what i do not understand because unlike 49 million others we are here. Becasue our mothes chose not to kill us.
Genmocide is genocide , if it makes you feel warm fuzzy that it is legal right now it is the same warm and fuzzy the german people felt about extermianting jews.
Stop this genocide it is so wrong
And you do know what it feels like to have your" brains sucked out". There are millions of people starving and dying everyday, not just in america but all over the world. You still refuse to answer my questions. Wrong for you doesn't translate into wrong for others, you can not impose your veiws on other people! These "unborn childern" are not your family or mine. You can not compare the murder( during a war) of jews to abortion. Pro- choice people are not out there on a campain to have everyone abort their childern. And your personal attacks on my character are by far unnecessary, i didn't call you names. I just ask a simple series of questions that you had no answer for so instead you chose to get irrate and call names. By the way the world might have been a better place if Hitlers mom had chosen abortion...think about that!

Old 05-26-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
And you do know what it feels like to have your" brains sucked out". There are millions of people starving and dying everyday, not just in america but all over the world. You still refuse to answer my questions. Wrong for you doesn't translate into wrong for others, you can not impose your veiws on other people! These "unborn childern" are not your family or mine. You can not compare the murder( during a war) of jews to abortion. Pro- choice people are not out there on a campain to have everyone abort their childern. And your personal attacks on my character are by far unnecessary, i didn't call you names. I just ask a simple series of questions that you had no answer for so instead you chose to get irrate and call names. By the way the world might have been a better place if Hitlers mom had chosen abortion...think about that!
49 million americans have bene denie dlife since 1973. cite me a source there that many americans that have died from hunger. If you can not then yoru juts making stuff up.
And you still have not answered the reverse of your question. Your question assumed everyone pro life should be agains t the war. Not a real question. Mine is if your pro death why would you be agiasnt the war.
Youy make a judgeemnt of whose shoes i walk in and then whine i attacked you. I responded to you. If you want respect act respectful.
Hilers mom chose life, so Hitler chose death you should like that you like people having the legal right to choose to kill. You want to plkay what ifs you better do better than that

Old 05-26-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
49 million americans have bene denie dlife since 1973. cite me a source there that many americans that have died from hunger. If you can not then yoru juts making stuff up.
And you still have not answered the reverse of your question. Your question assumed everyone pro life should be agains t the war. Not a real question. Mine is if your pro death why would you be agiasnt the war.
Youy make a judgeemnt of whose shoes i walk in and then whine i attacked you. I responded to you. If you want respect act respectful.
Hilers mom chose life, so Hitler chose death you should like that you like people having the legal right to choose to kill. You want to plkay what ifs you better do better than that
ok first I would love to respond, but i'm having a hard time following you here( i know my typing isn't all that grand, but i do try to make my post lreadable).
Here's some data on world hunger http://library.thinkquest.org/C00229...sent/stats.htm

And I did answer you, I AM NOT PRO-DEATH. That is a term you made up. I don't think anyone who is for pro-choice, would say we are pro-death, we just say it's our right to choose.
I am not for abortion, I would wish that every person who conceives a child does it because they want one. But, we all know this is not the case. I still have the same questions, ones perhaps someone else can answer because you haven't. Do you think making it illegal will make it stop? Do you believe that killing people during war is justifyable? Do you want to take care and raise all the unwanted childern? How does it directly effect you? If the government came and said all citizens have to get a tattoo on their forehead proving they are american, would you do it? When you start talking about invading peoples civil liberties, you have to wonder where it will stop. You can't say it's ok if the mothers life is in danger, if she was raped, if the child will have a deformity, thats making exclusions, you can't say it should be illegal, except.... What if we did that for alot of other laws in america. I am simply asking you to look at the whole picture, not just the one corner you like/dislike. You have to take into account the bigger ramifcations when you start legislating what people are allowed to do with their own bodies and well being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies