Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 03:27 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
These ones:

How about...

I like how you work your way around a question...how old are you...14?

Please...I say get those who seek to control other into counseling...if its not your body...stay out of it. when it comes to a woman and her fetus it is her body until that fetus comes out and can sustain life without her. Think of it as a additional organ.

also maybe you should look at the status you had not to long ago...."Death is not death it is life renewed"...so then how is it possible that abortion is bad when it is life renewed?
1) i think i have asnwered over rand over abortion should be use dto save the life of the mother
2) The unborn of a rape victim knows nothing of its father and should not be aborted
I say those that seek to murder need counseling. And those that control the life of the unborn need counseling

Old 07-03-2009, 06:47 AM

1,780 posts, read 2,351,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
1) i think i have answered over rand over abortion should be use dto save the life of the mother
So if they could save the baby or the mother you pick the mother no matter what. Okay

Quote:
2) The unborn of a rape victim knows nothing of its father and should not be aborted
Its not the unborn I am worried about. It is the stress that the woman has to go through, the potential suicidal thoughts, the long term damaging effects that carrying rape baby into this world. Im sorry but any woman that has a rape baby and actually gives birth to it needs help. Remember you said that the abortion is okay to save the life of the mother, so having a clear and sane mind is a must to life a happy, healthy life...how is going nuts over the fact that you are reminded for 9 months that you where raped going to help anyone. I think that falls under the health catagory.

Quote:
I say those that seek to murder need counseling. And those that control the life of the unborn need counseling
well, murderes do get counsiling, but abortion isnt murder sorry. But it would never stand in court and no sane person would classify defending ones body as murder.

You do realize that at all moments during a pregnancy the woman is in control of the unborns life and then once it is born is also in control of the childs life, well until old enough.

what you dont realize is that you and I are only in conrtol of our own lives, we can only dictate and govern what happens to us directly. I cannot change what some stranger or friend does, I can give them tips and suggest things, but ultimatly they are in control of their own lives. Anyone trying to do otherwise seriously does need help.

I say focus on your own life, since you cannot give birth...you have no voice in the topic. When you can push a baby out of your genital region you can decide to not get an abortion. Right now all you can do is practice safe sex, or abstaine from sex completely.

I dare you to go and by a few hundred condoms and pass them out at your local mall or someplace. Educate, lead by example, and show alternatives to abortion, but do not push your anti abortion agenda. Just smile, give a free condom, or two and let them go. If they ask why, tell them you are trying to do your part in lowering the amount of abortions and leave it at that.

I dare you to do this for a week.

Old 07-03-2009, 06:52 AM

1,091 posts, read 3,591,614 times
Quote:
You said the adoption agency cost you 15000 To have your the baby or i misread it.
The adoption agency i volunteer for takes no money from the prospective parents to be or from the mother to be. the prospective parents do pay for the medical bills of the mother to be. Our agency just sets up the contracts between the parties. We also provide shelter for mothers with no home and counseling for both parties. We do so by soliciting donations from all people but have big institutional donors

No, you misread.
I said I earned them approx $15,000; it cost me nothing. Not monetarily, anyway.
The 15,000 is my estimate of the profit they made off me and my birthson.
It is based on my research: what adoptive parents pay to adopt a healthy white newborn domestically, minus what the agency shelled out for my medical care, the legal costs, and other costs associated with maintaining me during my pregnancy (paying my rent, furnishing my household with necessities, buying my groceries, maternity clothing, etc).

You say you've donated "time and money" to adoption; I say I've donated more.
I'm sure I'm correct.
The money the agency earned off me, has long ago been put to use helping other prospective birthmothers.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane72 View Post
No, you misread.
I said I earned them approx $15,000; it cost me nothing. Not monetarily, anyway.
The 15,000 is my estimate of the profit they made off me and my birthson.
It is based on my research: what adoptive parents pay to adopt a healthy white newborn domestically, minus what the agency shelled out for my medical care, the legal costs, and other costs associated with maintaining me during my pregnancy (paying my rent, furnishing my household with necessities, buying my groceries, maternity clothing, etc).

You say you've donated "time and money" to adoption; I say I've donated more.
I'm sure I'm correct.
The money the agency earned off me, has long ago been put to use helping other prospective birthmothers.
I hope they paid your medical bills. I hope your adoptions agency was non profit

Old 07-03-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I hope they paid your medical bills. I hope your adoptions agency was non profit

It was a private, for-profit business.
Is there some problem with that?

Old 07-03-2009, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
So if they could save the baby or the mother you pick the mother no matter what. Okay

Its not the unborn I am worried about. It is the stress that the woman has to go through, the potential suicidal thoughts, the long term damaging effects that carrying rape baby into this world. Im sorry but any woman that has a rape baby and actually gives birth to it needs help. Remember you said that the abortion is okay to save the life of the mother, so having a clear and sane mind is a must to life a happy, healthy life...how is going nuts over the fact that you are reminded for 9 months that you where raped going to help anyone. I think that falls under the health catagory.

well, murderes do get counsiling, but abortion isnt murder sorry. But it would never stand in court and no sane person would classify defending ones body as murder.

You do realize that at all moments during a pregnancy the woman is in control of the unborns life and then once it is born is also in control of the childs life, well until old enough.

what you dont realize is that you and I are only in conrtol of our own lives, we can only dictate and govern what happens to us directly. I cannot change what some stranger or friend does, I can give them tips and suggest things, but ultimatly they are in control of their own lives. Anyone trying to do otherwise seriously does need help.

I say focus on your own life, since you cannot give birth...you have no voice in the topic. When you can push a baby out of your genital region you can decide to not get an abortion. Right now all you can do is practice safe sex, or abstaine from sex completely.

I dare you to go and by a few hundred condoms and pass them out at your local mall or someplace. Educate, lead by example, and show alternatives to abortion, but do not push your anti abortion agenda. Just smile, give a free condom, or two and let them go. If they ask why, tell them you are trying to do your part in lowering the amount of abortions and leave it at that.

I dare you to do this for a week.
Iw epas out free codoms and birth control pi;;s at the afoption agency wher ei volunteer i do it every week .
The unborn has a right to live you disagree.
The unborn should have the right to control its body to.
I say focus on preserving life at the beginning and end .

Old 07-03-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
It was a private, for-profit business.
Is there some problem with that?
I personally like non profit adoption agencies.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:17 AM

Quote:
I personally like non profit adoption agencies.

And I've explained the lengthy and difficult process I went through in selecting this agency, which has an excellent reputation, as being the best option for myself and my child. Perhaps my post on the matter was unclear, or was too long for you to read.

What you "personally like" will matter when you are pregnant and making an adoption plan for your future child.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
And I've explained the lengthy and difficult process I went through in selecting this agency, which has an excellent reputation, as being the best option for myself and my child. Perhaps my post on the matter was unclear, or was too long for you to read.

What you "personally like" will matter when you are pregnant and making an adoption plan for your future child.
a non profit agency uses its funds for the mother and parents to be investing in counseling and in our case housing.
Everybody has to choose what they need.
As i said i favor non profit agencies to for profit .
I understand there emit not have been a choice and you did what you had to do.
But i see the non profit agencies as a better choice because all involved understand the fees are for the people in need. We also do not deny anyone who wishes to enter our program for any reason including finance.
I truly understand you did what you had to, i do not understand yoru anger for me for working with a non profit adoption agency

Old 07-03-2009, 08:38 AM

2,549 posts, read 2,721,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
Lol!!!! That's how we show love in my family...I call everyone Poodle...lol!
Ok then...LOve ya Tiger...better?
Thanks for the love. Never can get enough of that. And a Tiger? Heck yeah! rowrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies