Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 08:33 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
It isn't worth having your words twisted. I never have had an abortion, so murder i am not ( and even if I had, murder wouldn't be the case). I don't wish that anyone would have an abortion, I wish everyone who got pregnant would want their kid, but I'm smart enough to know it isn't true. I'm also smart enough to see that if abortion was illegal and the 800,000 people a yr who had abortions gave their children up for adoption it would only take two yrs for those 1.3 million who are waiting to adopt to get their children, then what, Adoption is not the answer you make it out to be. I don't think that thinking about the money aspect makes you or I a bad person, just a realist, because the money WILL have to come from somewhere. I am not naive enough to just hope it will all work its self out. For me it biols down to personal rights and everyones rights to have them. I refuse to allow the government to rule over my personal rights, that just makes us all SLAVES! Some people are just too caught up in being right to see that their solution isn't the only or right one!
Yet you are willing to let the government take the rights of the unborn . You are more concerned about the finance then life.

Old 07-06-2009, 08:35 AM

61 posts, read 140,073 times
Twice as many pro-choice votes as pro-life.

I guess the people have spoken.

/end

Old 07-06-2009, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighappy987 View Post
Twice as many pro-choice votes as pro-life.

I guess the people have spoken.

/end
The discussion on this issue should never be by popular choice. Its one of ethics and murder. The germans backed Hitlers laws against the Jews did it make it right?
Americans backed slavery laws did it make it right?
Things are not ended by popular vote at one point in time.
Plus this a discussion board designed for discussion.
So you do not have to jump in

Old 07-06-2009, 08:40 AM

530 posts, read 650,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Yet you are willing to let the government take the rights of the unborn . You are more concerned about the finance then life.
The unborn have NO rights. As stated by our government. You can't give rights to something that can't make its wishes known. The rights of the woman will ALWAYS come before the fetus. I am concerned with finance and so is everyone else including you! I won't sit here and pretend that money doesn't matter, because it does and you know it. Are you going to sit here and say a fetus has more rights than me? You are not going to change my mind. No matter what you say. You can try to make me out to be the bad guy if you want, for caring about my body and my rights to it and keeping the government out of them if you want, but I refuse to become a SLAVE to the government. Perhaps you'd like to sign up for that role.....oh wait you don't want to sign up, you just want to put others on the list!

Old 07-06-2009, 08:47 AM

Quote:
The unborn have NO rights. As stated by our government. You can't give rights to something that can't make its wishes known. The rights of the woman will ALWAYS come before the fetus. I am concerned with finance and so is everyone else including you! I won't sit here and pretend that money doesn't matter, because it does and you know it. Are you going to sit here and say a fetus has more rights than me? You are not going to change my mind. No matter what you say. You can try to make me out to be the bad guy if you want, for caring about my body and my rights to it and keeping the government out of them if you want, but I refuse to become a SLAVE to the government. Perhaps you'd like to sign up for that role.....oh wait you don't want to sign up, you just want to put others on the list!
never said you were a bad guy. I said you think that denying life is OK.You deny that a fetus has rights, wit ht he exception of a third term abortion. You say a woman has rights to do with he body until the third term. you much like the video posted are more concerned about finance in the case of abortion and use that as a reason to abort.
Yet only 21% of abortions are done for finance reasons. You keep saying we will have 800,000 new infants in foster care that is simply wrong yet you keep making a false claim.
You then say you have nothing Else to say to me and come back with your same old tired arguments.
Did not say you were a bad guy, just letting you see your arguements as you make them

Old 07-06-2009, 09:06 AM

Quote:
never said you were a bad guy. I said you think that denying life is OK.You deny that a fetus has rights, wit ht he exception of a third term abortion. You say a woman has rights to do with he body until the third term. you much like the video posted are more concerned about finance in the case of abortion and use that as a reason to abort.
Yet only 21% of abortions are done for finance reasons. You keep saying we will have 800,000 new infants in foster care that is simply wrong yet you keep making a false claim.
You then say you have nothing Else to say to me and come back with your same old tired arguments.
Did not say you were a bad guy, just letting you see your arguements as you make them
You keep acting like you know why women have abortions when the truth is you don't because they don't have to tell and it is covered under HIPPA, i know, i'm a nurse practitioner. So your polls are bull. I also stated several times that i am not against third trimester abortions ( although i could see the reasons for being so). So you obviosly only read what you want. If the government more than doubled your taxes you'd be concerned too! I said in two yrs everyone waiting to adopt would be able to 1.3 million waiting, 800,000 abortions, you do the math. So after those two yrs what then. I honestly don't know why i waste my time even debating this with you neither one of us will ever change our minds...much like the government! Thank God!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
You keep acting like you know why women have abortions when the truth is you don't because they don't have to tell and it is covered under HIPPA, i know, i'm a nurse practitioner. So your polls are bull. I also stated several times that i am not against third trimester abortions ( although i could see the reasons for being so). So you obviosly only read what you want. If the government more than doubled your taxes you'd be concerned too! I said in two yrs everyone waiting to adopt would be able to 1.3 million waiting, 800,000 abortions, you do the math. So after those two yrs what then. I honestly don't know why i waste my time even debating this with you neither one of us will ever change our minds...much like the government! Thank God!
You do know third term abortions are illegal in most stated. so you all for woman having back alley abortions.

Old 07-06-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
You do know third term abortions are illegal in most stated. so you all for woman having back alley abortions.
UMMM let me think about it.....YES! I think we all know that. I have stated the reasons numerous times for my understanding of this. I don't really care either way. No I am terribly against anyone seeking back alley abortions , although you are obviosly all for it! You are the ones wanting to force women to go to unlicensed butcher shops to have abortions as per your stance. The % of women who actually have 3rd trimester abortions are very small and usually done for medical reasons. At the point of 24-26 wks if a woman is going to have an abortion they already would have, they have no reasoon to wait until then. What you are trying to do is twist words to make yourself appear smarter, its not a hard game to play. Like see, so you wish to have 800,000 women yr die in some back alley butcher shop to get an abortion. You wish to take away all our personal rights and make us SLAVES to the government. You don't want any social classes, just everyone in one SLAVERY! See how easy that was. Grow up!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:48 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,167,662 times
Okay people, chill out. Please debate the topic vice attacking your fellow posters.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:09 AM

Quote:
UMMM let me think about it.....YES! I think we all know that. I have stated the reasons numerous times for my understanding of this. I don't really care either way. No I am terribly against anyone seeking back alley abortions , although you are obviosly all for it! You are the ones wanting to force women to go to unlicensed butcher shops to have abortions as per your stance. The % of women who actually have 3rd trimester abortions are very small and usually done for medical reasons. At the point of 24-26 wks if a woman is going to have an abortion they already would have, they have no reasoon to wait until then. What you are trying to do is twist words to make yourself appear smarter, its not a hard game to play. Like see, so you wish to have 800,000 women yr die in some back alley butcher shop to get an abortion. You wish to take away all our personal rights and make us SLAVES to the government. You don't want any social classes, just everyone in one SLAVERY! See how easy that was. Grow up!
There you go again. No i do not want any woman with the exception for health of the mother to go any abortionist. If you favor a woman having third term abortions as you say you do then you should favor legalization of third term abortion for any reason. For if as you argue a woman has a right to control her body should she not have that right at any time regardless of concern for the unborn. No matter which side you come down on the unborn loses. for this was never a fight between you and me as you try to make it. this is a debate on the unborn being killed for your political cause and finances. either you are pro choice or pro life if you are pro choice then a woman has a right to control her body regardless if its a third term unborn. For whatever term the unborn is in according to you the woman controls her body so she should have a right to deny life anytime she chooses. If you at some point think the unborn has a right to live and no longer should be killed then the difference between us is only at what point that happens. You wish to kill 800,000 a year and that is true slavery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies