Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 02:36 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,026,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
say you are pregnant and you are planning to raise your baby and love it and snuggle it and everything. you are 3 months into it, and someone punches you in the belly and your baby dies. thats murder to me. that someone murdered your baby.
It's a crime, for sure. I'm not denying that.

The death penalty, though, is where I have a problem.

Then again, I'm against the death penalty for most cases.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:53 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,553,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
It's a crime, for sure. I'm not denying that.

The death penalty, though, is where I have a problem.

Then again, I'm against the death penalty for most cases.
well, if you are against the death penalty period then the real question would be if you would equate the act to murder.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:14 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,026,619 times
Quote:
well, if you are against the death penalty period then the real question would be if you would equate the act to murder.
A lesser penalty, but still murder, yes. For reasons my lovely Rita already mentioned.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:12 PM

530 posts, read 648,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBmarybeth View Post
You may want to read up on those "facts". Death in childbirth doesn't happen very much anymore with the medical advancements we have developed. Death to the baby and many times the women however happens a lot but it is usually reported as complications after the abortion - such as internal bleeding would be the listed cause of death to the women.
Are you kidding me? Maybe you should read up on it. America has one of the highest rates aroung for mother and child mortality. Worse than alot of third world countries!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
So, is that sufficient justification for you?

'Animals do it, why shouldn't we?'

Is that the rationale you use to guide behavior, and what other behaviors can we justify using that same method?

This is a serious question, and I would be very interested to hear a thoughtful reply to it. thanks
We are animals, what because we can speak that makes us somehow smarter or different? How different are we truely. The only real difference is that besides ducks we are the only species that has sex for pleasure rather than reproduction.
Elephants have been known to cry after losing a loved one. Dogs travel in packs(much like having friends). Monkeys can be taught to use tools and sign language.
When you look into the big picture its only us humans who have learned the art of cruelty against others....yeah big difference!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
ok , so fertility clinics have test tube babies frozen right now, for potential implantation later.

They are not impinging on any woman's freedom, since no one is being 'forced' to carry them.

They are in effect surviving outside of any unwilling woman's body.

Should their lives be protected by law? Should it be illegal to destroy these who are not affecting any woman's 'freedom'?

I hope you can give me a response to this. (I've never had a pro-abortion person who was willing to answer this straight up, and give a reasonable answer to it.) thanks muchos
Hell here's a thought, lets just grow all babies in test tubes and sterilize eveyone and there will be no arguement left.
If the people who donated eggs and sperm wish to have them used then yes they should be protected, because that is the wish of the people living breathing walking around with eggs and sperm!
What you don't get is you want to take my rights away from me to give them to a fetus. How bout we take your rights away and let the government control your rights...doesn't sound so fun does it? And as far as I am concerned and I'll say this again ...you are a man and you get NO say so. you can start having one when you can carry a baby inside you!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
seems kind of simple if you put it that way. i cant just go around murdering people because they may impede my liberty or my happiness.
No because murder and abortion are different. If you murder someone you impede on their rights, if you have an abortion according to OUR supreme court you impede on no ones rights because a fetus doesn't have rights!

Old 07-15-2009, 10:28 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,347,067 times
Quote:
ok , so fertility clinics have test tube babies frozen right now, for potential implantation later.

They are not impinging on any woman's freedom, since no one is being 'forced' to carry them.

They are in effect surviving outside of any unwilling woman's body.

Should their lives be protected by law? Should it be illegal to destroy these who are not affecting any woman's 'freedom'?

I hope you can give me a response to this. (I've never had a pro-abortion person who was willing to answer this straight up, and give a reasonable answer to it.) thanks muchos
You know what you sicken me...First of all you would rather rape thousands if not millions of women and children by forcing childbirth on those that do not want it...than allow someone to live a happy and meaning full life.

The woman is alive and breathing without another person attached to them...a fetus is not..In regards to the test tube babies...they are not completely frozen they rely on people to moniter them and feed them nutrients at all times.

When will you people get it in your head that if it isnt youe body it isnt your concern...I was once on your side of this argument, recently I might add. But I looked at all the facts and not just what i thought I knew and was being fed. I spoke to women who had abortions and spoke to some that where forced to have a child...It changed my views overnight...just read way back in this forum and you will see my arguments.

It just shows you that some people are willing to learn all sides of an agruement and not just the two side commonly seen. Childbirth is not an easy thing on anyone. one child being born effects us all, no matter how small it may be..it does effect us.

Why would you force a woman to do something she did not want to do unless you supported rape? From now on I will address all that wish to force this upon a woman a rapist...you are no different from a man who forces himself upon a woman if you are anti abortion.

Yes, we should educate, educate and educate. We should not teach that you should not have sex, but if you do have sex use a condom, but if that doesnt work or if you dont use a condom, you can get an abortion...that is what is taught these days and it should not be...abortion should not be taught in schools. They dont teach about colonoscopies in highschool so why should be teach about abortions?

IMO people are just plain stuips these days... they will follow the media and government where ever they take them and beleive every word they say. You all need to wake up, have some coffee and analyze your life. Think back...have you ever been on what is considered the rebellious side? Have you ever disobeyed your superiors...if you say no then you are clearly lying or arent old enought to have experianced life.

I ask that everyone please turn off the TV, turn off the Computer...stay off the internet(phones too) go outside and interact with your fellow man, outside of work, church, and the store. Meet people in the park, bar, resturant, sporting event...live life and get a perspective that actually matters and counts.

Until then all those that wish to take away a womans rights...you are seen as childish when you attack with your photos and news articals. I am sorry but nothing can speak for all women unanomously in one voice. I dont care what a study shows you cannot speak for millions of women by only studying 1000 people.

You need to ask everyone in the USA to have a solid argument. Good luck with that.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:30 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,181,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
You know what you sicken me
Rude and uncalled for.

Reported

Old 07-15-2009, 10:39 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,347,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Rude and uncalled for.

Reported
For giving my opinion? Wow you really do seek control. Can I ask, why do you even go on this thread if all you do is give your opinion and do not wish to hear my opinion. I gave my opinion on the subject if you do not like that then leave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies