Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 11:35 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
And my situation would've been the opposite, if I didn't do the research on the subject since it was originally brought up to me. My school would've had me at a shining example of a Christian Conservative. I even got penalized for doing a full (positive) report on Wicca.
im definitely not an example of a christian conservative. with regards to abortion, when i couldnt avoid the reality in my mind that a life is being ended, i couldnt pretend it wasnt murder. at the least, its justifiable homocide in pro-choicer's opinions but to say it isnt killing a life just doesnt make sense to me.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:37 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,040,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Joe White View Post
Exactly what or who is abortion the killing of?
The fetus, which is techically a human lifeform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the only way to avoid that situation 100% is abstinence (except for rape which isnt really a choice). however, i believe most pregnancies could have still been avoided had the person used reasonable birth control methods. i know that they arent 100% effective but i find it hard to believe that most unwanted pregnancies happened while a woman was on the pill or when a condom broke, etc. a small % yes.
Which is partially the fault of bad sex-ed classes, which push abstinence and barely brushes on the subject of proper usage of birth control.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Which is partially the fault of bad sex-ed classes, which push abstinence and barely brushes on the subject of proper usage of birth control.
im not really aware of how many schools push abstinence, im pretty sure mine didnt as a child. anyway, i dont see it as the school's responsibility.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
im definitely not an example of a christian conservative. with regards to abortion, when i couldnt avoid the reality in my mind that a life is being ended, i couldnt pretend it wasnt murder. at the least, its justifiable homocide in pro-choicer's opinions but to say it isnt killing a life just doesnt make sense to me.
The fetus is undoubtedly a separate life form. The real question comes when asking whether or not the fetus has greater rights over the mother.

Which I think it doesn't. Not until we successfully develop artificial wombs, or methods of transferring fetuses from one womb to the other. Until then, abortion is the only solution to an unwanted pregnancy.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:41 AM

439 posts, read 443,251 times
Quote:
The fetus, which is techically a human lifeform.

When slavery was legal, I wonder if you would have approved of the killing of 'human lifeform' slaves. (they were legally the property of the slaveowner and not recognized by law as 'persons')

Old 07-16-2009, 11:42 AM

530 posts, read 649,826 times
Quote:
this is so overly dramatic and silly its hilarious.

being human we do have certain limitations. we are "slaves" of certain biological needs. women are already slaves to cleaning up their hoohas every month. im a slave to my beard by shaving it everyday. thats life.

there is generally a measure of control in getting pregnant so its not like this is totally out of the woman's control.
You are not a slave to shaving, you choose to do it!
Abortion happens...that's life!

Quote:
Which I think it doesn't. Not until we successfully develop artificial wombs, or methods of transferring fetuses from one womb to the other. Until then, abortion is the only solution to an unwanted pregnancy.
but thats saying that the inconvenience to the mother justifies the killing of the life form. its unfortunate that people are inconvenienced, but you cant go around murdering people that inconvenience you.

439 posts, read 443,251 times
Quote:
One Siamese twin should be able to remove the other. If death happens, it's unfortunate, but it happens.

I see that there are other 'human lifeforms' that you approve of killing.

Quote:
im not really aware of how many schools push abstinence, im pretty sure mine didnt as a child. anyway, i dont see it as the school's responsibility.
Due to the abstinence only programs pushed by Bush in the last presidency, many, many schools taught abstinence only due to the fear of losing funding if they didn't teach it.

I do, however, think that schools should push to teach proper sex-ed. Schools prepare young adults for life, and birth control and sex ed are a part of that. It's an elective course anyways, if the parents truly object, they can have the blinders put on the children and have them pulled from the classes.

Old 07-16-2009, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
You are not a slave to shaving, you choose to do it!
Abortion happens...that's life!
and the woman chooses to have sex with a man without using protection (and the man chooses the same).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies