Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 04:29 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
First and foremost, abortion is legal an not defined as murder by the people who make the laws for this nation(that allow your personal liberities). The supreme court ruled that a fetus is not a person, so you have that to overcome. I am all for birth control, contriception of any kind. But when this fails,or isn't used, and unwanted pregnacy results, I also believe a woman has the right to remove that unwanted pregnancy. What about the morning after pill? That pill is actually just a chemical induced abortion. So is it ok? Lastly but not lest I refuse to debate any longer with anyone who calls me pro-death, i have stated many times no one is pro death and being a nurse responsable for saving peoples lives, I refuse to have such a hateful term used in describing me.
You can state all you want that you are not pro death, However if you favor laws that allow the brains to be sucked from someone in the birth canal you are pro death. The germans made laws that mde it legal in germany to exterminate the jews. That genocide was not right nor is the genocide of 49 million here in America. I do not blame you for refusing to debate the issue as you have to defend the killing of 49 million in the name of the mother having the legal right to kill.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langlen View Post
And yet again, the definition of murder disagrees with you.

You'd have a hard time proving malice, if you even ignore the "illegal" part.

Again: Not all killing is murder. It'd do you well to quit misusing the term.

If anything, abortion is manslaughter.. Not murder.

*edit*

And for the record, my wife has had an abortion. I'd have held her hand through the procedure, if they'd let me back there. She had my complete support, and I harbor no regrets about it.
Premedidtiation is murder. You can stick yoru head in the sand and defend the barbaric practice and hide behind Roe Versus Wade. But I have every definition i need to call it murder and to scream at the top of my lungs to make a move to overturn it. Germany made the laws to make exterminating the jews not illegal no one spoke up.
They coudl not speak up or they woudl be killed. I have every right in this country to speak up adn defend the most innocent.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:55 AM

530 posts, read 650,322 times
It's funny to me that some people can't seem to stand up for their views with out calling names. Perhaps it's because that's the only argument they have. I could call people like this names too(ignorant sounds like a good start)But I instead have the law and logic on my side. We have many times went over the terms pro- death, murder and genocide and everyone except a select few seem to realize those terms don't fit the subject matter. I love to debate, but if this is your arguement, it's a little old and at this point, a little silly. Would love for someone who is anti abortion to talk about the morning after pill and if they think it is ok to use. For those who didn't know, you can get this at the pharmacy without a rx if you are over 17.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
It's funny to me that some people can't seem to stand up for their views with out calling names. Perhaps it's because that's the only argument they have. I could call people like this names too(ignorant sounds like a good start)But I instead have the law and logic on my side. We have many times went over the terms pro- death, murder and genocide and everyone except a select few seem to realize those terms don't fit the subject matter. I love to debate, but if this is your arguement, it's a little old and at this point, a little silly. Would love for someone who is anti abortion to talk about the morning after pill and if they think it is ok to use. For those who didn't know, you can get this at the pharmacy without a rx if you are over 17.
It funny how some people ignore all arguments and then whine the opponent does the same thing.
You do not like being called pro death and prefer to be called pro choice. I will not play politically correct semantics. You can hide all you want behind semantics. Pro choice is pro death. Death for 49 million. You might not like my choice of words, but it does describe what a pro choice person supports and backs,. And you can support the denial of life to 49 million lives . Hide behind your semantics and make yourself feel all warm and fuzzy.
I will not use politically correct terms to hide what is going on

Old 05-27-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
It funny how some people ignore all arguments and then whine the opponent does the same thing.
You do not like being called pro death and prefer to be called pro choice. I will not play politically correct semantics. You can hide all you want behind semantics. Pro choice is pro death. Death for 49 million. You might not like my choice of words, but it does describe what a pro choice person supports and backs,. And you can support the denial of life to 49 million lives . Hide behind your semantics and make yourself feel all warm and fuzzy.
I will not use politically correct terms to hide what is going on
Blah, blah, blah...the more you talk the worse you sound. I answered every question posed to me...you did not. We are not here to throw stones we are here for intellegent debate...one which you are apparently not capable of having. You bore me and your arguement is fruitless and lost. I don't support denying anyone their right to live. I support peoples right to have a choice. What if america said, anyone under 18 who gets pregnant MUST have an abortion. Would you want people to do it because it was the law? Or would you scream from the mountaintops you can't force me to have an abortion, to have a child is my choice. Once again I'm quite sure this point will be lost on you ,as most are ,because you refuse to see anyones views beside your own and that is very closed minded and shouting from the mountain tops usually just gets you labeled as a heretic! So shout away...we're not listening.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah...the more you talk the worse you sound. I answered every question posed to me...you did not. We are not here to throw stones we are here for intellegent debate...one which you are apparently not capable of having. You bore me and your arguement is fruitless and lost. I don't support denying anyone their right to live. I support peoples right to have a choice. What if america said, anyone under 18 who gets pregnant MUST have an abortion. Would you want people to do it because it was the law? Or would you scream from the mountaintops you can't force me to have an abortion, to have a child is my choice. Once again I'm quite sure this point will be lost on you ,as most are ,because you refuse to see anyones views beside your own and that is very closed minded and shouting from the mountain tops usually just gets you labeled as a heretic! So shout away...we're not listening.
I woudl not support any abortion. You seem confused now. it takes 2 to have a child. It takes one to murder that child

Old 05-27-2009, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I woudl not support any abortion. You seem confused now. it takes 2 to have a child. It takes one to murder that child
So in saying that i take it to mean that if the government mandated abortion you would refuse right? Because you should have a choice right?
The government shouldn't be able to impose that on you right? Do you see the road we are going down? Do you realize where it ends? In choice. Think about it, really really think about it.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
And blah blah blah the more you talk the more committed to genocide you prove you are. when it come to a life or death issue i do not need to see the other side side that chooses death. I will not show empathy for the side that chooses death. You can be rude and insulting all you want, that just proves how committed to the pro death/choice side you are. And it proves how staunchly without playing your politic correct wording game is that i will stay for the rights of our most innocent. You do not view a fetus as life and you cant prove it is not. I view it as life until it can proved not to be life. And i will write letters and stand up for the most innocent in society whether you like the term pro death. The term pro choice is as vile to me as the term pro death is to you

Old 05-27-2009, 08:00 AM

And on a side note, you might want to look up the stats for abortions because your numbers are a little high.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:02 AM

2,541 posts, read 5,852,079 times
Has anyone ever checked the DNA of the feuts? Is is human? Is it the same DNA as the mother or any other human being? Do the answers to these questions matter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies