Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:05 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,656,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Dry skin is a human cell as long as your question is related to human skin

Hair has human DNA as long as you are using human hair

Plucking an eye brow is not killing you are anyone else.
However plucking a babies brains out of its head din the birth canal thus denying a human the chance to live.
I assure you are free to pluck your eyebrows out without killing a human. Abortions deny humans the right to live.
Stick your head in the sand with your eyebrow hair, Pretend we have not denied the life of 49 million since roe versus wade. Claim its like an eyebrow if that helps you sleep at night. How does it feel to approve denying life to 49 million. Do you ever care about their lives what they could be. Do you care they had no rights and were given a death sentence because people like you compare a fetus in a womb to an eye brow
A fetus or embryo is not a human. Just because you deem it so, does not make it true

Personally, I do not care. This "genocide" you speak of is not a genocide, it is a litany of "what ifs", "what could have been" and potential humans. The potential life could have been Hitler, it could have been Einstein. The decision to have an abortion was one of the most important ones I ever made in my life, and one of the most responsible.

BTW, I hate to break it to you, since you seem to love repeating it over and over as if it is commonplace, but brains are not being sucked out of heads in birth canals in 99.8% of abortion procedures, and that procedure is generally reserved for women terminating due to fetal defect so they have an intact fetus.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:08 AM

530 posts, read 649,855 times
here's a link for the morning after pill:
HowStuffWorks "How does the morning-after pill work?"
stats on world hunger:
World Hunger Notes--Global Issues: World Hunger Facts 2008 by World Hunger Education Service

Old 05-27-2009, 09:11 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
I am not playing pc games, i am merely proving my point. In this discussion, you have admitted war and abortion are not the same when it benifited your arguement to do so yet continue to call abortion genocide. You said that sometimes(for the mothers safety) abortion was acceptable( what makes a mothers life more valuable than a "innocent childs".) You have said you wouldn't accept abortion if mandated by the govenment( hypothectally), thusfore stating you should get a choice( the same one we are asking for). You seem to be for saving all the unwanted and unborn, but refuse to accept there are millions dying everyday from hunger( and yes I posted a link with the statistics) and don't seem to be too up in arms about that. We can all agree abortion isn't the best answer. But it is the LEGAL one. and even you don't seem to know or want to acknowledge when life begins. All we are saying is that we deserve a choice, the very same choice you get. Seems simple enough right?
You use choice to kill. I do not . the only choice is to end abortion. My claim is 49 million Americans. We only control American law show anywhere there are Americans dieing of starvation. My 49 million stats is an American stat. So compare American stat of abortion to an American stat of people starving in America. The only choice is life. you can hide behind the genocide by calling it legal and a choice. But it does not change 49 million have been denied their right to live. If it is self defense for the mothers life then its not murder. Self defense in war is not murder. Pre meditating denying life is murder. Your hypothetical does not change that.
Life begins at conception.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
You use choice to kill. I do not . the only choice is to end abortion. My claim is 49 million Americans. We only control American law show anywhere there are Americans dieing of starvation. My 49 million stats is an American stat. So compare American stat of abortion to an American stat of people starving in America. The only choice is life. you can hide behind the genocide by calling it legal and a choice. But it does not change 49 million have been denied their right to live. If it is self defense for the mothers life then its not murder. Self defense in war is not murder. Pre meditating denying life is murder. Your hypothetical does not change that.
Potential Americans.

Potential lives.

Your sentence regarding starving Americans makes no sense, but I'd put the welfare of a already living starving American over the potential life of a fetus.

Life does not begin at conception. Just because you say it does, does not make that the case.

Would I call it self-defense to abort an unwanted fetus invading my body? Absolutely.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
A fetus or embryo is not a human. Just because you deem it so, does not make it true

Personally, I do not care. This "genocide" you speak of is not a genocide, it is a litany of "what ifs", "what could have been" and potential humans. The potential life could have been Hitler, it could have been Einstein. The decision to have an abortion was one of the most important ones I ever made in my life, and one of the most responsible.

BTW, I hate to break it to you, since you seem to love repeating it over and over as if it is commonplace, but brains are not being sucked out of heads in birth canals in 99.8% of abortion procedures, and that procedure is generally reserved for women terminating due to fetal defect so they have an intact fetus.
I embryo is a growing developing human. It ha s aright to live. You can hide behind your choice excuse all you want.

You on side say brains are not being sucked out of human in the birth canal then you say it is.

You want to say it is a clump of cells not human, you do so to make yourself feel warm and fuzzy and make yourself think your not killing.
Hide behind that shield or see 49 million lives being denied their right to live. I come down on backing the right to live Rather than the right to kill

Old 05-27-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
The problem i see is there is not proof that conception had happened the morning after. If it has not happened then i do not have a problem with it.
I have no problem with any form of birth control that happens before conception

Old 05-27-2009, 09:23 AM

530 posts, read 649,855 times
Do we have to go over this again...really. I have not to my knowlegde ever killed or plan to kill anyone. I have however being a ACNP, have saved countless ones, that kills your arguement that i am a murderer. So americans are the only people you deem fit to save? Well it could be argued that being forced to raise an unwanted child could do horrible and irreverseable damage to a mothers body, mind and welfare so then abortion is self defense. Innocent childern getting blown up by landmines is not self defense in wartime nor in peace. Life begins at conception, so says you but funny thing is thats a belief not fact and our surpreme court says so. You keep repeating the only choice is life, well it's not. And you seem to want us to adhere to your CHOICE. So whats wrong with our CHOICE?

Old 05-27-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
I embryo is a growing developing human. It ha s aright to live. You can hide behind your choice excuse all you want.

You on side say brains are not being sucked out of human in the birth canal then you say it is.

You want to say it is a clump of cells not human, you do so to make yourself feel warm and fuzzy and make yourself think your not killing.
Hide behind that shield or see 49 million lives being denied their right to live. I come down on backing the right to live Rather than the right to kill
An embryo relies on a host to live. Without host, it cannot become a human.

I did not say that Intact Dilation and Extraction procedure, the one you are referencing, is never used, I said it is only used in 0.17% of abortion procedures. It is an incredibly rare procedure.

Did you develop the ability to read minds? How exactly do you know why I think the way I think? A clump of cells is a clump of cells. It is a potential life, just like the many potential lives that are flushed down the toilet every day when people miscarry so early they don't even realize it.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:25 AM

Quote:
The problem i see is there is not proof that conception had happened the morning after. If it has not happened then i do not have a problem with it.
I have no problem with any form of birth control that happens before conception
Birth Control Pills have the potential to prevent a fertilized egg from implanting, as do IUD's, so I guess you'd have to be against those as well right? If life begins at conception, then anyone using those methods attempting premeditated murder.

Old 05-27-2009, 09:27 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,135 times
Quote:
You use choice to kill. I do not .
No, but you do use emotional ploys and word games to justify enslaving women to their wombs.

Quote:
the only choice is to end abortion.
Which will never happen, as there will always be abortions. Ever heard of miscarriages?

Quote:
The only choice is life.
Maybe to you. But in this day and age, it's naive to think that everyone can go through pregnancy and the resulting birth.

Let me bring up a point.

My wife and I have a child. We want another one. Badly. But due to 2 factors (one isn't really a factor anymore due to my wife's raise), the only choice we actually had when she was pregnant was abortion.

One was due to our situation. We weren't making alot of money between the 2 of us. It was plenty to feed, clothe, and put a roof over the 3 of us's head, but not to bring another into the picture. Yes, it's an "excuse of inconvenience", but one can easily underestimate the costs of pre-natal care, not to mention the actual birthing and raising of a child.

The other is that my wife will die if she has another child. Plain and simple. She almost died the first time around. We do not want to risk this. To me, her life trumps any pre-life that develops in her womb. It's a hard choice for us to make, but one we will do without a second thought.

Quote:
you can hide behind the genocide by calling it legal and a choice.
And you can hide behind you misusing words and playing semantic games and using emotional ploys to make your argument.

Quote:
But it does not change 49 million have been denied their right to live.
The real question is whether or not the fetus's "right to life" trumps the mother's right for bodily domain.

Quote:
Pre meditating denying life is murder.
Then all miscarriages are manslaughter and should be treated as such.

Quote:
Without a shadow of a doubt. Doesn't make it murder, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies