Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 09:31 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Once again your numbers are ea joke because we know that after year one most babies are adopted as i stat i gave earlier.
After 5 years 83% are adopted
so your roll over renumber is wrong and your we will need to raise taxes 20 % statement is ludicrous and dumb, As you do not say what taxes are going to be raised and you base the amount you need to be raised a s joke.
As a relevant question to get an answer.
I will not play you will have to raise taxes 20 % blanket statement while you add up numbers in the statment that will not be true.
Please check your posts to ensure they are coherent, they are very difficult to read.

Right now, 83% of children are adopted? Who knows, since your stats are 10 years old. You also need to keep in mind that the figure only pertains to children who are deemed "adoptable". It does not include the unadoptable children in the system.

Now, the number of adoptive parents does not go up, simply because the number of children in foster care goes up, so you cannot make an adequate comparison there. If the number of children in foster care triples, and the number of adoptive parents remains the same, that % is going to drop dramatically.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:42 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
You want me to simplify it for you?

Would you be willing to pay more in taxes out of pocket to support these children that would be put into foster care?
So your not 20 % anymore? So you admit we would not have to raise taxes 20 percent as you asked.
many of th babies will be adopted in the first year . So now that your not just throwing out a blank 20% number and not bothering to explain it.

You also seem to think charities will not pitch in for adoption agencies.
Now for state welfare foster care . Most foster care is paid through through state welfare basis . payment is based on age of the child. Since most babies are adopted, as it is older children stuck for years in foster care, I would guess rather than just throw out a 205 tax hike, that the cost will me minimal for most states. However it would be up to each state to control the funding for each states foster care. So the funding will have to come from each state based on the need in that state.
But your 20% tax hike was just a joke

Old 06-02-2009, 09:44 AM

Quote:
So your not 20 % anymore? So you admit we would not have to raise taxes 20 percent as you asked.
many of th babies will be adopted in the first year . So now that your not just throwing out a blank 20% number and not bothering to explain it.

You also seem to think charities will not pitch in for adoption agencies.
Now for state welfare foster care . Most foster care is paid through through state welfare basis . payment is based on age of the child. Since most babies are adopted, as it is older children stuck for years in foster care, I would guess rather than just throw out a 205 tax hike, that the cost will me minimal for most states. However it would be up to each state to control the funding for each states foster care. So the funding will have to come from each state based on the need in that state.
But your 20% tax hike was just a joke
I'm generalizing the question, which you still haven't answered. 20% was a hypothetical number. Again:

Would you be willing to accept a hike in your personal income tax (2, 5, 10, 20%) to assist these children that would be placed in foster care?

Simple question. You seem to be so enthralled with these fetuses, now would you step up for the ones that are actually born?

Again, most children are NOT adopted. Your 10 year old statistics only include the adoptable children in the system. Only 23% of the total number of children in the system have a goal of adoption. If only 80% of that 23% are adopted, that means that 82% of the total number of children in the system are not adopted.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Please check your posts to ensure they are coherent, they are very difficult to read.

Right now, 83% of children are adopted? Who knows, since your stats are 10 years old. You also need to keep in mind that the figure only pertains to children who are deemed "adoptable". It does not include the unadoptable children in the system.

Now, the number of adoptive parents does not go up, simply because the number of children in foster care goes up, so you cannot make an adequate comparison there. If the number of children in foster care triples, and the number of adoptive parents remains the same, that % is going to drop dramatically.
Once agian the numbe ris child care will not triple so yoru just throwing crap out against a wall and hope it sticks.
Only 1% of the children in the site i cited are still in foster care after 5 Years.
ADOPTION INSTITUTE: FOSTER CARE FACTS

once again those stats show

The majority of kids in foster care are returned to their birth parents.
Foster programs are so much more than just babies.

Non profit adoption agencies handle adoptions of babies before they get to foster care.
So you throwing out the number of foster care kids will triple is base don what?
You are really good at throwing out wild numbers wit no basis is fact. then you complain i will not answer a question that you based with no facts.

The 20 tax hike number and now this we will triple the number of kids in foster care are just bogus numbers you are using to change the debate away from killing unborn

Old 06-02-2009, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Once agian the numbe ris child care will not triple so yoru just throwing crap out against a wall and hope it sticks.
Only 1% of the children in the site i cited are still in foster care after 5 Years.
ADOPTION INSTITUTE: FOSTER CARE FACTS

once again those stats show

The majority of kids in foster care are returned to their birth parents.
Foster programs are so much more than just babies.

Non profit adoption agencies handle adoptions of babies before they get to foster care.
So you throwing out the number of foster care kids will triple is base don what?
You are really good at throwing out wild numbers wit no basis is fact. then you complain i will not answer a question that you based with no facts.

The 20 tax hike number and now this we will triple the number of kids in foster care are just bogus numbers you are using to change the debate away from killing unborn
Again, your stats are 10 years old, and only apply to the ADOPTABLE children in the system. Only 23% of children in the system are adoptable. Please read more closely. Please learn how to read a chart. Your 1% number is wildly incorrect. Reread.

You cannot answer a hypothetical question? I'm guessing because the answer is no. I'm not changing the topic, I'm showing the hypocrisy here... you'd think someone who cares so much about the unborn would also care about the already born, but it's pretty apparent you do not.

You also refuse to take into account the simple math involved here. Continue on with your blinders.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:02 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,429 times
Newtoli is my new hero.

The adoption/foster care issue is one that EVERY Pro-Lifer needs to address.

Old 06-02-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
I'm generalizing the question, which you still haven't answered. 20% was a hypothetical number. Again:

Would you be willing to accept a hike in your personal income tax (2, 5, 10, 20%) to assist these children that would be placed in foster care?

Simple question. You seem to be so enthralled with these fetuses, now would you step up for the ones that are actually born?

Again, most children are NOT adopted. Your 10 year old statistics only include the adoptable children in the system. Only 23% of the total number of children in the system have a goal of adoption. If only 80% of that 23% are adopted, that means that 82% of the total number of children in the system are not adopted.
Your stats do not look at infant adoptions which happen at a much higher rate then teen .
Your tax hike question has been answered.
Your 20 % is a bogus number you used to change the debate away from your right to kill the unborn,
As i stated each states foster care system pays foster care parents based on the age of the child. Since Most babies are adopted and never put in foster care your tax rate hike question would be based on what state your in how much per child is paid, how many infants have to enter foster care rather than being adopted through a non profit adoption agency. So your question was designed to just throw crap against the wall and hope it sticks.
Answer what state are you in?
What is your per child payment in foster care, estimate how many abortions are in your state, how many of those would not be adopted through an adoption agency. How many would not be adopted over a 2 year period . Then see what number you come up with, what tax, you would want to raise, then we have a basis for discussion. i would pay be happy to pay it if i lived in that state. My answer is more than likely yes when you stop throwing bogus numbers.
And you do this just to steer away from the real debate why do you like killing our unborn

Old 06-02-2009, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Again, your stats are 10 years old, and only apply to the ADOPTABLE children in the system. Only 23% of children in the system are adoptable. Please read more closely. Please learn how to read a chart. Your 1% number is wildly incorrect. Reread.

You cannot answer a hypothetical question? I'm guessing because the answer is no. I'm not changing the topic, I'm showing the hypocrisy here... you'd think someone who cares so much about the unborn would also care about the already born, but it's pretty apparent you do not.

You also refuse to take into account the simple math involved here. Continue on with your blinders.

[SIZE=3]Recent data shows that children's experiences vary widely. Of the 46,000 foster children adopted in 1999, half waited less than one year for adoption after their birth parents' rights were terminated, and nearly half waited a year or more. Six percent waited three to four years.[/SIZE][14]

i se eyou did not put up the chart before

Old 06-02-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Newtoli is my new hero.

The adoption/foster care issue is one that EVERY Pro-Lifer needs to address.
Systematic premeditate genocide of our unborn needs to be addressed before foster issues become a problem

Old 06-02-2009, 10:09 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,429 times
Quote:
Systematic premeditate genocide of our unborn needs to be addressed before foster issues become a problem
so let me get this straight...you want to fix the problems of hypothetical children rather than help the lives of the children that are already here?

what kind of backwardazz ish is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies