Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Pro choice or pro life?
I am pro-life with children 79 18.12%
I am pro-life without children 69 15.83%
No opinion-don't care 18 4.13%
I am pro-choice with children 124 28.44%
I am pro-choice without children 146 33.49%
Voters: 436. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 01:33 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,471,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fracturedman View Post
Its simple...life + Choices = consequence/responsebility...allowing abortions is a way out of those consequences/responsebilities.
Yeah, so are lightning rods. Are you against those as well? Religious nut cases did of course object to them early on. Interfering with the Will of God and all. Is your position any more advanced than that one? I don't see it, frankly...

Old 06-06-2009, 01:34 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Yeah, so are lightning rods. Are you against those as well? Religious nut cases did of course object to them early on. Interfering with the Will of God and all. Is your position any more advanced than that one? I don't see it, frankly...
I know i did not bring religion into the debate

Old 06-06-2009, 01:55 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Maybe you should read all my posts...that is all I have to say

Old 06-06-2009, 01:57 PM

530 posts, read 650,108 times
Quote:
I an not asking you to denounce your faith but when people quote the bible or something that a religious leader said it is not their own opinion. It is a closed-minded opinion that simply ignores other facts on the issue just to get their point across.
Could not agree with you more. People use religion as a soap box to look down their noses and cast judgement upon others. When people use the bible alot of times it is to back up what they think is right and the quote they use is taken way out of context from the story or point it was trying to make. Before you all go sending me comments, I have read the bible many, many times and attended church my whole life( and my dad has a degree in religion and pholosophy from ucla). So growing up we talked about thing of the bible and the true menas of scripture. It seems funny to me the people who seem the most closed minded on here are religious fanatics. That's just my opinion and we know what they say about those. I do not ask anyone to denounce their faith, but don't expect me to agree with it. I do believe in god, he and I just have a different understanding or love thy neighbor( it just doesn't include, well, except that one). Jesus taught TOLERANCE and NON JUDGEMENTAL LOVE and I really don't see alot of that practiced here!

Old 06-06-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Maybe you should read all my posts...that is all I have to say
He actually just mentioned that reading all of this changed his mind, so give the man some slack and you should read all the post before commenting on one post made by someone!

Old 06-06-2009, 02:10 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trmihall01 View Post
Could not agree with you more. People use religion as a soap box to look down their noses and cast judgement upon others. When people use the bible alot of times it is to back up what they think is right and the quote they use is taken way out of context from the story or point it was trying to make. Before you all go sending me comments, I have read the bible many, many times and attended church my whole life( and my dad has a degree in religion and pholosophy from ucla). So growing up we talked about thing of the bible and the true menas of scripture. It seems funny to me the people who seem the most closed minded on here are religious fanatics. That's just my opinion and we know what they say about those. I do not ask anyone to denounce their faith, but don't expect me to agree with it. I do believe in god, he and I just have a different understanding or love thy neighbor( it just doesn't include, well, except that one). Jesus taught TOLERANCE and NON JUDGEMENTAL LOVE and I really don't see alot of that practiced here!
I have never read the bible . And go to church on occasions. So I hope you do not consider me a religious fanatic just because i am closed mined don the issue. I know if you and god have a different understanding on an issue i would take gods side. I agree with your last statement there is little tolerance on both sides of this issue

Old 06-06-2009, 02:19 PM

1,780 posts, read 2,352,440 times
I love how religions preach friendship, equality, and peace. Yet, they preach against how some choose to live their lives. They preach that this person is bad becasue he/she does not support their faith and is against it.

talk about about hypocritical. How can someone preach peace but but practice hate?

Old 06-06-2009, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
I have never read the bible . And go to church on occasions. So I hope you do not consider me a religious fanatic just because i am closed mined don the issue. I know if you and god have a different understanding on an issue i would take gods side. I agree with your last statement there is little tolerance on both sides of this issue
Well, i consider you a fanatic( not a religious one), but still one. I see you as someone who feels they were wronged by something( we both know what , no need to rehash your story again) and now takes a stand to try to keep that from ever happening to anyone else. While it it noble to think you can ,reality is , you can't. And thinking that other people should suffer because someone once made you suffer, is in my view not really helping anyone. I am not trying to be hurtful or judgemental here, this is just what I see when I think about your view. That in no way makes me right, I just think thats the way it comes across. I think like you said,if your wife and daughter were still around, maybe your view would be very different(it was before this tragedy). And while I am very sorry for your lose, i don't think forcing your opinion on others is quite right either. I have said, that i think you are a good person,(my bet is most people are) who just had some crappy luck.

Old 06-06-2009, 02:30 PM

Quote:
I love how religions preach friendship, equality, and peace. Yet, they preach against how some choose to live their lives. They preach that this person is bad becasue he/she does not support their faith and is against it.

talk about about hypocritical. How can someone preach peace but but practice hate?
Exactly, look at the homosexual debate( sorry won't start that here). They think its wrong because of a quote in the bible taken out of context. Well, here's a few they might also like to bring back, stoning people, how bout hanging people on the cross, what ever happened to love thy neighbor, and let those without sin cast the first stone. One sin is no greater or lesser than another in gods eyes and i believe it even says that the thought is as bad as the act. So everyone, line up for your cross. Boy, i just know this ones gonna get me in trouble here....

Old 06-06-2009, 02:33 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Quote:
tol⋅er⋅ance

noun 1. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry. 2. a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward opinions and practices that differ from one's own.
Sorry, but I don't agree with your last statement. The pro-choice side of this issue is tolerant of the opposition. No one is forcing abortion on anyone. The pro-life side of the issue tolerates no view point but their own and insists that all women, no matter their circumstances, carry their pregnancy to term.

The intolerance exists on only one side of this issue....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies