Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2007, 08:21 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,332,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAINTUCK View Post
For youins what think George Bush is a weanie. The guy you thought shouda won coudn't get into a good masters program in Journalism and still hasn't found a subject beyond science fiction worth getting a ghost writer to present. George Bush can fly a jet which is somethin ain't a damn one of you guys can do. I can write a coherent sentence better than the 105 I.Q. (that's generous) global warming snake oil salesman, Jack Benney/Henney Penney, master of whinney! Plus I bet he only gets an erection when his mommy serves him warm milk. What say ye L.I.B.E.R.A.L.S?
Okaaay! That about sums it up. You win!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2007, 08:31 PM

2,201 posts, read 2,514,922 times
Bush is alright. You gotta stand for something. If not the "visitors" will walk all over ya

Old 04-10-2007, 09:14 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAINTUCK View Post
PrettyHateMachine. Before I turn in...I'd like to thank my mother who raised me right, my father who instilled a work ethic second to none, my pastor who taught me to fear God, my company commander who taught me to be a man, my fifth grade teacher who taught me the pledge of allegiance, the one that has God in it, and I'd like to thank you most of all on this fine evening for appreciating the tongue in cheek humor that allows me to cope with all that is contrary to all the aforementioned lessons. Elizabeth Dole applauding; I haven't felt this appreciated since Uncle Jack let me take the national geographic to the two seater. I'm talkin' bout the Sarangetti issue!
Wow, That is beautiful man !

Old 04-10-2007, 10:21 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Thumbs down ah yes-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Its all about priorities and principles. I'm not an advocate of border protection as many define it. Also, I don't really care how the rest of the World perceives us because they will never be satisfied until we give all of our riches to them. If you think money can't buy happiness, you're not spending it correctly.

The old saying "money can't buy happiness" has been proved wrong by researchers at The University of Nottingham. A study into lottery jackpot winners - those who have won more than �1 million - found that a resounding 97 per cent of interviewees were just as happy, if not happier, following their big win.....The study found that though the money brought with it financial stability and security, it was not necessarily material possessions that enhanced winners' lives. 44 per cent of winners said that being able to spend more time with their family contributed to their happiness, compared to 26 per cent who said it was the ability to buy or do what they liked.
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/medi...p?newsid=53610

Thank you for the laugh, amazonjohn. A MEDICAL study. LOL- I will check the validity of that at Johns Hopkins Baysview Research. If this is the best you can do- please.

Old 04-10-2007, 10:26 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Lightbulb Thank you LF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
AmaznJohn, in this country, we spend our lives working for things we don't need. That doesn't make you happy. Most households require two incomes to sustain themselves. This is having an adverse effect on society. Is it worth it?

The real estate bubble didn't make most peoples' lives any better. It did help some speculators make some easy money, but that's about it. It was nothing more than temporary gratification. There was no real economic gain.

A man with a brain- thank you- Speculators made a ton of money- does that make us happy? Methinks not. Anyone who has ever had money knows it is a double-edged sword. A GOOD ECONOMY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BUSH. Most educated people who made money on real estate- know what Bush is- and what he represents. And double incomes DO have an adverse affect- if the wife makes six figures, and the husband does not- think this helps a marriage??????

Old 04-10-2007, 11:01 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
I'm not going there Yap. . but that's a new one, "a conservative Diva". Maybe I should change my user name.
Awe c'mon luv, I'm dying to know what you look like

~T

Old 04-10-2007, 11:05 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,612,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post
A man with a brain- thank you- Speculators made a ton of money- does that make us happy? Methinks not. Anyone who has ever had money knows it is a double-edged sword. A GOOD ECONOMY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BUSH. Most educated people who made money on real estate- know what Bush is- and what he represents. And double incomes DO have an adverse affect- if the wife makes six figures, and the husband does not- think this helps a marriage??????
I'm really trying to get in on this thread beyond playin footsie with spunky, lol, but I just can't.

Deliberating George Bush's performance as president is too much like a bunch of guys in a bowling alley tellin fart stories. I just can't do it, lol.

...but I will say that I can tolerate my wife making more than me. GLADLY, lol. My wife can do anything she wants better than I do. I'm still trying to get her into the silence competition, but she refuses to participate :|

~T

Old 04-10-2007, 11:09 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Here I will defend the academic community: Neither Yale nor Harvard are given to coddle their students. If Bush did well, he did it on his own or with help outside of the academic administration. If he did poorly, he did it on his own, or without any help or intervention from others.

Universities of this caliber don't give folks a free ride! Trust me, I worked at two such institutions, and I always made it hard!
On The Road I understand if you don't want to divulge but did you teach at these schools?? I'm very curious. . .

Old 04-10-2007, 11:30 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
My wife can do anything she wants better than I do. I'm still trying to get her into the silence competition, but she refuses to participate :|

~T
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (clap clap clap clap) Now THAT was funny. I'm going to make sure I don't show this post to my DH.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:16 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It may or may not be a problem, but that wasn't what was in question. What was in question was whether a non-Yale-material person could get into Yale. And apparently the answer is yes.
Jerz, I believe you are suffering from a perfect example of "class envy."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies