Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times

Advertisements

and I am sure you were all on board with bailouts when Bush was handing them out!

America Says NO to the Bush Bailout!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 10:57 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
While we were bickering amongst ourselves over petty induced red / blue so-called "issues".....

Wake up and smell the propoganda!!

American Capitalism Gone With a Whimper

It didn't start in the last 110 days.

It started when the Capitalists decided to control the government.

They set the new rules, that favored "the big guys" and left out "the little guys"

And the rest of us sat on our hands saying "as long as we make money, we don't care what happens to the business".

Now we have none of either.

And blame the new guy.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
So we should trust a blowhard on a message board? The fact of the matter is, we will always have elected officials making certain decisions with taxpayer money. The only thing we can change is who we vote for. Ranting about government and how it works without providing a viable alternative is a waste of time.
You know there is an alternative to spending multiple trillions of our dollars.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:30 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
You know there is an alternative to spending multiple trillions of our dollars.
Shouldnt you have told the president that before he got suckered into invading Iraq?

Old 05-19-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Shouldnt you have told the president that before he got suckered into invading Iraq?
No question. Iraq aside from the horrible cost of many American lives has been a gigantic siphon on the economy. It is time to get the hell out of there. I do not know what we are waiting for. It seems Iraq is slated to be our 51st state.

Old 05-19-2009, 12:09 PM

683 posts, read 824,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Let's see three capitalist automakers beg for government help, government says ok but we aren't giving you the money we are buying a share of the company... seems pretty capitalistic to me.

Investment banks beg the government for help, government says fine, but you are going to have give us a piece of the action... again seems pretty capitalist to me.

Meanwhile, thousands of other U.S. corporations go about their business, or lack thereof, every day.

When the government starts taking over successful businesses call us.
Who was really begging for help? What institutions have or are attempting to give the money back? Who told us that these organizations were too big to fail? Who passed the bill(s)?

Old 05-19-2009, 12:30 PM

683 posts, read 824,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post

It didn't start in the last 110 days.

It started when the Capitalists decided to control the government.

They set the new rules, that favored "the big guys" and left out "the little guys"

And the rest of us sat on our hands saying "as long as we make money, we don't care what happens to the business".

Now we have none of either.

And blame the new guy.
I'm no longer concerned with when it started or who is/was to blame. I want it stopped TODAY!!! Stop spending my money, get your dirty corrupt government hands out of private enterprise. Let the companies fail by the rule of laws that are in place, not by government meddling and distortion / defiance of said laws. Let the chips fall and the dust settle. The unproductive, ineffecient and non-profitable companies can get out of the way and make room for new or re-grouped organizations, hopefully with better business practices and management that are not held in a strangle hold by the unions. The government doesn't decide what organizations will succeed, we do. Failure is part of capitalism it has to happen.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:23 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
No question. Iraq aside from the horrible cost of many American lives has been a gigantic siphon on the economy. It is time to get the hell out of there. I do not know what we are waiting for. It seems Iraq is slated to be our 51st state.
52nd after Israel.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:28 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
most do not love american capitalism
american capitalism means pickin peaches at 5 cents a bushel
means factory shifts 12 hrs a day sleeping on a mattress
most americans love consumerism
a dying religion
americans love to spend and hate to pay
they hate unions
you know, the thing that gave them their money
americans are ok with slavery
whether its illegal immigration, chinese prison labor for walmart
or street pimping of under age girls
as long as its not them, slavery is ok.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:35 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
I'm no longer concerned with when it started or who is/was to blame. I want it stopped TODAY!!! Stop spending my money, get your dirty corrupt government hands out of private enterprise. Let the companies fail by the rule of laws that are in place, not by government meddling and distortion / defiance of said laws. Let the chips fall and the dust settle. The unproductive, ineffecient and non-profitable companies can get out of the way and make room for new or re-grouped organizations, hopefully with better business practices and management that are not held in a strangle hold by the unions. The government doesn't decide what organizations will succeed, we do. Failure is part of capitalism it has to happen.
LMAO!

Yeah, that Investment Bankers' Union will be our downfall!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies