Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 05:49 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,228,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
An addition to the list:

It's not funny to the people around you when you come to the movies wasted, and then scream everytime something surprises you, followed by your own hilarious laughter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I guess this is why they don't serve alcohol.
Not to be tooooo culturally enlightening but some theatres do serve adult beverages on the premises for patrons waiting for their movie time.

My take is that going to a movie is like sitting in a toilet stall at the bus station. Those places are just nasty. It may have been okay as a kid while developing immunities but today going to the movies is like inviting the grim reaper into your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 07:52 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Better yet, don't breed if you're not ready.
No one thinks your kid is cute except for you.

There's a difference between participation in the movie screening and a running dialog by patrons.
Actually my kid is very cute and lots of people genuinely agree. However, it will be a long, long time before he sees the inside of a movie theater.

And nobody thinks a screaming baby is cute.

Old 05-20-2009, 08:42 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Who are you to accuse people of being ignorant? It's an OPINION. Opinions are neither right nor wrong...they just ARE.

Get over yourself.

So you are saying that it's an OPINION when he states that all the people misbehaving in the theatre are welfare collecting and from a certain ethnic background.

NO.. an OPINION is when you OBSERVE a group of people, look at who they are and how they behave and then draw an OPINION based on OBSERVATION.

What HE is putting forth is an ASSUMPTION based on his prejudice. He made no observations to see what race/age or even economic background people were from... especially since we aren't even talking about a SPECIFIC incident.. but incidents of this kind IN GENERAL.

It's called ignorance and prejudice..

Old 05-20-2009, 08:49 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Who are you to accuse people of being ignorant? It's an OPINION. Opinions are neither right nor wrong...they just ARE.

Get over yourself.
Are you serious?

Old 05-20-2009, 09:11 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,633,867 times
Undisciplined children become monsters as adults, i.e. parents not "minding" their brats. So I avoid the theaters and most public places with crowds, as the masses are out of control much of the time with their yelling and screaming. And in general, bad behavior worsens in a crowd (mob mentality). Just "normal" public behavior to many.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:16 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,767,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Undisciplined children become monsters as adults, i.e. parents not "minding" their brats. So I avoid the theaters and most public places with crowds, as the masses are out of control much of the time with their yelling and screaming. And in general, bad behavior worsens in a crowd (mob mentality). Just "normal" public behavior to many.
Actually, small children simply do not know better and disciplining and raising them is a long-term work in progress. Thus, while I agree its inappropriate to bring small children to many places, theaters included, you are simply seeing children as they are- as you once were.

A child crying during a movie is being a normal child. An adult yammering on his cell phone during a movie as being in inconsiderate jackass.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:19 AM

5,224 posts, read 5,009,390 times
I'm going to bring my 3 year old to see Night at the Museum coming out this weekend. It's a pretty clean movie even though I think it's PG.. but very mild. HE enjoys the first one so much. BUt I'll bring him during a rainy day matinee when there is more likely other children there.

I"m fortunate My son is well behaved. We've eaten out at a nice restaurant nearby a few times. One time a man gave my son $1 because he was the quiet most well behaved 3 yr old in a restaurant he'd ever seen..LOL... but hten he does have his father's very mellow temperment..LOL

Old 05-20-2009, 09:26 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Obama has to do with EVERYTHING on this section. Why is this posted in the political section? This might be more of a general thing.
This is NOT just the political section.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:34 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Taking kids to a matinee is appropriate.

Old 05-20-2009, 09:40 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Making out is for the drive ins and not indoor movies.

"not indoor movies."

You don't know what you missed out on...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies