Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 11:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
First a question: What did Clinton say? Can anyone find a direct quote? It doesn't seem like the Secretary of State would place "blame" but would act on the information she recieved.

Second, if US troops accidently killed women and children, is it so wrong to apologize?
I think that you failed to see what year I mentioned as the year those people were screwing up by the numbers. Clinton stood for the things I post here concerning Iraq in 2007. Clinton opposed the Iraq War troop surge of 2007 and supported a February 2007 non-binding Senate resolution against it, which failed to gain cloture.[71] On February 5, 2007, Clinton said: "Believe me, I understand the frustration and the outrage ... You have to have 60 votes to cap troops, to limit funding to do anything. If we in Congress don't end this war before January 2009, as president, I will. I took this quote from Wikipedia. Please let me know if you don't agree with them.

As far as her apologizing for our troops killing civilians that the Taliban killed and then reported to the media of the world that they were killed by Americans, it seems pretty simple minded to me to apoligize for something like that without checking the info first.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
No, I think you are thinking of Bush and his bunch:

YouTube - President Bush at 2004 White House Correspondents Dinner
That was really a funny one that the left loved to laugh at and blame the man for his mistakes. Do you know of any like that that Obama will be charged with soon? Anything can show up on youtube and usually does.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:21 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think that you failed to see what year I mentioned as the year those people were screwing up by the numbers. Clinton stood for the things I post here concerning Iraq in 2007. Clinton opposed the Iraq War troop surge of 2007 and supported a February 2007 non-binding Senate resolution against it, which failed to gain cloture.[71] On February 5, 2007, Clinton said: "Believe me, I understand the frustration and the outrage ... You have to have 60 votes to cap troops, to limit funding to do anything. If we in Congress don't end this war before January 2009, as president, I will. I took this quote from Wikipedia. Please let me know if you don't agree with them.

As far as her apologizing for our troops killing civilians that the Taliban killed and then reported to the media of the world that they were killed by Americans, it seems pretty simple minded to me to apoligize for something like that without checking the info first.

Hillary Clinton opposed the Iraq war as easily as Nancy Pelosi missed that memo about Gitmo.

Everything serves a purpose, and that purpose is power. And the power brokers pick and choose what side they are on if it SERVES THEM!

PERIOD!

Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 PM

Her problem on this thing she apologized for is that she took the word of the media and they were again used by the Taliban. Those people took her all the way to the outhouse on that one and she had so much egg on her face that I'll bet Bill wouldn't have recognized her, in case they saw each other.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
That was really a funny one that the left loved to laugh at and blame the man for his mistakes. Do you know of any like that that Obama will be charged with soon? Anything can show up on youtube and usually does.
Agreed

YouTube - Rumsfeld & Saddam Make Nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Hillary Clinton opposed the Iraq war as easily as Nancy Pelosi missed that memo about Gitmo.

Everything serves a purpose, and that purpose is power. And the power brokers pick and choose what side they are on if it SERVES THEM!

PERIOD!
That is an extremely accurate statement.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:

PERIOD!
They sure do whatever they can to gain power. Well, Nancy is losing it now, I think.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:30 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
The sure do whatever they can to gain power. Well, Nancy is losing it now, I think.
The lust for power is a characteristic that is not exclusive to those on the Left...

Old 05-19-2009, 11:35 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Bush's behavior at that dinner went beyond making a mistake. He not only made light of a mistake that cost and is costing people their lives, but reveled in it for entertainment. That's just plain GROSS and UNPATRIOTIC!

And no, I can't think of anything comparable for Obama, Regan, Bush I, or even Clinton for that matter. But I'm certainly willing to amend those in that gross category if a comparable situation in which a President participated in the making of a "funny" skit of a situation in which the decision he made turned out to be incorrect and led to people's deaths.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:52 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
An aside....

Did Bill Clinton apologize for defiling the oval office? NO.

Why would anyone look for a quote from Bill Clinton or his administration (or his wife) in an attempt to quantify the war we're in now?

Especially when he is 100% complicit in his actions in the past which have seated this nation firmly in the mess we are in today?
I would give more credit to Carter for placing us in this situation since keeping a friendly government in Iran would have allowed us to avoid the five wars that have taken place since then. Brzezinski was all over Carter to get him to install a government but Carter couldn't decide what to do. Shame too, because now those same people live in a totalitarian Islamo-fascist theocracy that executes religious converts, cheating wives and children while building nuclear weapons and supporting terrorist organizations. Way to go Carter!

Clinton added to the problem by doing little about al Qaeda after we were attacked five times on his watch. He could have at least given the CIA the funding they needed to maintain operatives within Afghanistan. I guess with a 25% attrition rate at the agency during his presidency they had to make due. Would have been nice to have a heads up on the 9/11 attacks beforehand though.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:00 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Posting multiple threads based on the absolute idiocy you find at Gateway Pundit won't do very much for your reputation.
So will having nothing in your post to refute the assertions being made. It just indicates you know the Democrats have screwed up our national defense posture once again and even you can't defend their actions. Don't like Gateway? Find them to be less that credible?
Good, prove they're wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies