Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 12:43 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,241,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
Dogfighting is wrong, but it's a sub-culture found all across America. Funny how people latch on to a famous person and turn him into pinata, but if they found themselves in a similar position, they'd expect the neighbors to respect their privacy after doing the time.

I don't get the double-standard that rule so many people's lives.
No, they should all be locked up..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 12:45 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
My co-worker just told me that she heard he has to do community service as well....at of all places, the Humane Society!!! Brilliant idea!! She then said she didn't think he'd be abusing dogs again. Um, once an abuser always an abuser. Whether it's w/people or animals.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:45 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
Dogfighting is wrong, but it's a sub-culture found all across America. Funny how people latch on to a famous person and turn him into pinata, but if they found themselves in a similar position, they'd expect the neighbors to respect their privacy after doing the time.

Please- Do not make it sound like this an accepted practice by millions.
It is done by a bunch of thugs that want to harm living animals for their own amusement. It is sick and deviant. A well grounded person with intelligence and moral standards would not find them self in that position.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:

There is no double standard. It's a disgusting, vile inhumane practice that only pieces of loathesome s**t would enjoy. All of these people involved, even the onlookers, should be jailed. I don't give two hoots if someone's famous or not & why you're making it into that kind of argument is puzzling. It's also baffling how you seem to turn the other cheek to this kind of crap.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:47 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
The man is a monster, plain & simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I say a pay per view event should be Vick in a large cage with a T Bone steak glued to his face. Then a door opens and 5 hungry pitbulls come storming out.
Quote:
Then, can we hang him w/a wire, electrical chord, something? You know, just to give him a taste of his own medicine. Maybe even prod him w/an electric prodder, perhaps rip his fingernails off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
May he be attacked in a dark alley by a pack of Pitbull Dogs..
I think the judge should have considered these sentences instead of his 19 months. It would have been a more fitting punishment for the crimes he committed. However, he served the time that he was sentenced and I have to accept it, as much as I hate it. I hope he isn't given a second chance by any teams but he will be and he has the right to be reinstated.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:50 PM

519 posts, read 688,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Please- Do not make it sound like this an accepted practice by millions.
It is done by a bunch of thugs that want to harm living animals for their own amusement. It is sick and deviant. A well grounded person with intelligence and moral standards would not find them self in that position.
Quote:
There is no double standard. It's a disgusting, vile inhumane practice that only pieces of loathesome s**t would enjoy. All of these people involved, even the onlookers, should be jailed. I don't give two hoots if someone's famous or not & why you're making it into that kind of argument is puzzling. It's also baffling how you seem to turn the other cheek to this kind of crap.
Both of you missed my point completely. I have not for a second defended dogfighting. I am an animal lover and I believe it is just as vile as the next person.

However, Michael Vick was convicted and he served his time. The point I was making is that people - including you - love to latch on to a famous person and try to make an example out of him by putting an end to his means of making a living; meanwhile, if you were convicted of a crime you wouldn't want someone stepping in to prevent you from making a living the way you best know how after you served your time. See the double-standard? Why is he any different than you or the next person? He plays football. So what? Why do you insist on putting him on a pedestal by wishing that he couldn't continue to pursue his chosen career?

Old 05-20-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I think the judge should have considered these sentences instead of his 19 months. It would have been a more fitting punishment for the crimes he committed. However, he served the time that he was sentenced and I have to accept it, as much as I hate it. I hope he isn't given a second chance by any teams but he will be and he has the right to be reinstated.
LOL, our posts make us seem evil, don't they? I stand by my convictions though, I have absolutely NO sympathy for people who abuse or torture animals. I hope his name is mud & he gets no second chance. He should've thought of that before he started wrapping wires around his dogs necks.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Both of you missed my point completely. I have not for a second defended dogfighting. I am an animal lover and I believe it is just as vile as the next person.

However, Michael Vick was convicted and he served his time. The point I was making is that people love to latch on to a famous person - including you - and try to make an example out of him by putting an end to his means of making a living; meanwhile, if you were convicted of a crime you wouldn't want someone stepping in to prevent you from making a living the way you best know how after you served your time. See the double-standard? Why is he any different than you or the next person? He plays football. So what?
No, I knew exactly what you were saying. I however would never do that type of crime. And if I did, you bet I would expect people to loathe me & my career would probably be over. He should've thought of that before he did what he did. And I would feel this type of hatred towards Joe Schmo on the street too.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:54 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:

Agree..I read some of the Louisiana newspapers and at least once a month they are breaking up a dog fighting ring.

It's dispicable but when you are raised in a culture that condones it I can see how you can get caught up in it.

There have been PEOPLE killed by drunk NFL players with less of an outcry.

I say let's see if he learned his lesson. He did his time, stop the witch hunt and let him have just 1 more shot at provong himself.

I love my dogs and my cats and this was truly horrid but most people should at least be given a second chance once they paid the price....MOSt people not all and I think Vick falls into the most people

Old 05-20-2009, 12:56 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
LOL, our posts make us seem evil, don't they? I stand by my convictions though, I have absolutely NO sympathy for people who abuse or torture animals. I hope his name is mud & he gets no second chance. He should've thought of that before he started wrapping wires around his dogs necks.
Not at all Karfar..I rescued a wonderful Pitbull that was deemed very dog aggressive.. She gets along great with other dogs now. A little trainimg and alot of exercise. I completely understand where you guys are coming from.. I just believe that he has payed his debt and therefore should have the "right" to be reinstated. It doesn't mean I think he should be reinstated. A life of public shame would be a nice fit for him IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies