Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 06:29 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
Homosexuality is very natural and is well established and well documented in the animal kingdom. It was never a detriment to the human race before and won't be in the future. Look at the population of earth and growth trends, if anything homosexuality should naturally increase to curb exponential human population growth. If you had the empathy to imagine living one day in our shoes, it would change EVERYTHING you are saying instantly.
In animals it's generally an abnormality...if any population is entirely homosexual it will cease to exist. No different than in humans. It doesn't mean we go out and harm or kill the homosexuals, but we don't need to go say it's perfectly normal and the same as a normal heterosexual marriage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 06:36 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
The people don't either. It's none of their business as to what sex they can marry. It will not effect them in anyway, just like when a heterosexual couple marries. I have said it before and will say it again, gays will get their rights one way or another.
The people have the right, through their government, to work to deny or expand any "right." You've got to live with that whether you like it or not.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
They pay taxes just like everyone else.
They pay more in taxes because they do not have access to marriage.
Most of the time, marriage results in paying more taxes, not less. It's called "the marriage penalty."

Old 05-21-2009, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
If homosexuality is a mental disorder then so is religion since a lot of religious people think that they hear god talking to them, which could be said to be schizophrenia on the account that they think that they're hearing a voice other than their own. I doubt many people consider religion to be a mental disorder though.
If someone actually thinks God is talking to them, then I believe they do likely have a mental disorder.

And I'm not one of the posters who thinks homosexuality is a mental disorder.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:40 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
A-Fricken-Men!

If Churches want the right to exist in politics and have influence over laws, then they need to start paying their taxes.
Certainly would help close that budget defecit...lol...they need to pay up or shut up!

Old 05-21-2009, 06:42 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, except for the Catholic priest or Protestant church pastor who will potentially be forced to marry gays against his will or be fined or imprisoned for preaching against the sin of homosexuality.

Since when was it a right to marry someone of your own gender? Here's the link. See what you can come up with.

LII: Constitution
Have you ever heard of weddings taking place at a court house with a Justice of the Peace? Not everyone runs off to church to get married.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:44 PM

15,395 posts, read 22,525,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
In animals it's generally an abnormality...if any population is entirely homosexual it will cease to exist. No different than in humans. It doesn't mean we go out and harm or kill the homosexuals, but we don't need to go say it's perfectly normal and the same as a normal heterosexual marriage.
It is perfectly normal for us......relative to the rest of the population it is not. So what is your point. The majority of people have dark eyes...so blue eye people are abnormal also...let's not get into semantics. I pay my taxes; either I get the same rights or start lowering my taxes!By about one half!

Old 05-21-2009, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
I agree, now we have the gays trying to teach our kids in our schools that being gay is normal but the libs believe they church should not have the right to preach against it?

Which freakin way to you people want things? Ohh I get it, if it is something you like or believe in it is ok but when someone goes against you it is not.

So now freaks want to tell the church what they can say and cannot say.
Being gay is normal. Churches, however, do have the right to preach against it. It does seem hypocritical for anyone to suggest that marriage is a "right," but free speech and the right to attempt to influence other's opinions are not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Do you people know what Iran does to gays?
That's completely irrelevant. It's actually disgusting, to be honest, that you'd post something like that on this forum.

Are you suggesting that gays in America should be happy that they're not forced to suffer the injustices they would in Iran?

Old 05-21-2009, 06:49 PM

58 posts, read 91,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf88 View Post
Ahhh there is still some sanity and correct thinking people left in New Hampshire! Sweet music to my ears.This has made my day so much better.Now i'll sit back and wait on the liberal lap dogs to start nipping at my heels.
Such a troll.

If that's really the way you think, then I want to ask you something.
Think really hard, but don't damage anything.

When and why did you form that opinion for yourself? Don't tell me because the bible says so, or the church says so, I want to know when and why you formed that opinion for yourself, on your own basis of intellect and intuition.

If you can't answer that, then the opinion is simply not yours, but it was "taught", if you will, to you by whoever had the most influence on you when you were a child.
This is very common, actually, since most of the world is religious, you find that the people that children look up to usually force naive and idiotic opinions and beliefs into their heads without the children even knowing.

I formed each and every opinion I have on my own time, basis, and from intellect and intuition. I can name the year and the reason of why I hold that opinion or belief.

By the way, I am not a liberal. I don't believe in political parties. I absolutely will not restrict my beliefs to fit the idealistic, moronic, and primitive beliefs of some group that consists of mostly corrupt bigwigs, immature jerks, and thickheaded thieves, and I will not restrict my beliefs for some group that exists only to make money for the already-wealthy, when that money could be used for the honest people in our country (if any) who are having a hard time making ends meet or are in poverty.

Love&Peace

Old 05-21-2009, 06:53 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Most of the time, marriage results in paying more taxes, not less. It's called "the marriage penalty."
The myth of the marriage penalty - MSN Money

If a company provides health benefits to the partner of someone involved in a same-sex relationship, the couple has to pay taxes on those benefits versus a married couple who receives health benefits from one of the spouse's work does NOT have to pay taxes on those benefits.

Quote:
There are two main effects of the different treatment under federal law.
One is the tax rate. Take two couples where one partner has a taxable income of $20,000 and the other makes $40,000. If they can file their federal taxes jointly, the tax bill would be $8,217.50. Filing separately, the combined bill would be $9,032.50 — more than $800 higher.
Gay couples face tax complications - USATODAY.com

Report: Gay Americans pay more and get less *|*News | Advocate.com

When one spouse dies in a straight married couple, the surviving spouse often receives the full value of their estate and assets. And the surviving spouse pays no tax on that gain, which is often in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, or millions, if a house is involved. But if a spouse in a same-sex marriage dies and leaves all his or her estate and assets to his or her spouse, that surviving spouse has to pay taxes on the value above $1 million.

Married couples can "gift" each other tax-free...same-sex couples don't have this luxury.

http://www.hrc.org/documents/costkids.pdf

Even Fox News did a story on it: FOXNews.com - Tax Time for Gay Couples Means More Complications, Higher Bills - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351240,00.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies