Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 08:20 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times

Advertisements

BTW, I was raised Catholic, and one set of Grandparents are devout Irish-Catholics.

My Grandmother would never do these things, however, the leaders of her Religion have condoned it through their silence and cover ups, while publicly condemning others for their sacrilegious behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 08:28 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Do Mexican leaders assist in covering up the crimes of Mexicans?

Do black leaders cover up the crimes of other blacks?

Heads of the Catholic Church participated in covering these disgusting crimes up and allowed them to continue to happen, THAT is what makes it reflect on their religion poorly.

"Do as I say, and not as I do"

Mexico allows them to keep coming over here right? They work with the drug cartels.
Havent Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton done something close to cover up crimes? I mean they wanted to "Free Jena 6" after the kids jumped on the one kid like a bunch of cowards. They tried to help the black stripper that lied about getting raped. There are other examples of, say, neighborhoods keeping quiet after crimes. Same thing.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:31 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I have notices that Christianity is one thing an Christian churches quite another.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:43 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times
I believe Mother Teresa was a Catholic, so they can't be all bad

Last edited by mackinac81; 05-21-2009 at 08:59 AM..

Old 05-21-2009, 08:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post

I hardly doubt the OP was arguing that.

It just reeks of hypocrisy that they call themselves "pro life" but what kind of life is it for children if they are going to be raped and/or tortured once they're on earth?
It reeks of hypocracy to think that one has anything to do with the other, if your going to link them, be prepared for the response which truly links them...

I guess it could have been worse, the OP could have proclaimed that they are pro life in order to gather more children to rape and torture.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:55 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Goes to mass every Sunday and usually one morning a week too!
She seems to have a lot of time between torturing and raping children.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Through the 90's, actually... and a cover up spanning up to present date.
Up to the 90s going back to the 1930's

About 35,000 children and teenagers who were orphans, petty thieves, truants, unmarried mothers or from dysfunctional families were sent to Ireland's network of 250 Church-run industrial schools, reformatories, orphanages and hostels from the 1930s up until the early 1990s

Average comes to 1 a day. Not at all justifying it, but to discredit the millions and millions helped because of a few kooks.. (yes, it only takes a few to rape and torture 1 child a day), is just rediculous.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Up to the 90s going back to the 1930's

About 35,000 children and teenagers who were orphans, petty thieves, truants, unmarried mothers or from dysfunctional families were sent to Ireland's network of 250 Church-run industrial schools, reformatories, orphanages and hostels from the 1930s up until the early 1990s

Average comes to 1 a day. Not at all justifying it, but to discredit the millions and millions helped because of a few kooks.. (yes, it only takes a few to rape and torture 1 child a day), is just rediculous.
1 child a day tortured while the church turns a blind eye and reassigns the torturer to another parish is 1 child too many.

It's not just the priests and nuns who tortured these children, it's the church leaders who ignored it and covered it up, allowing these people to continue terrorizing children.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:14 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I thnik if you look at other churches and even secular society they have done the same thing. The fact ius that even lookig at groups such as teachers;social workers non-catholic pastpors ;they also attract people that are preadtors of children. Why;because they have easy accesss to children. This is one reson I thiunk all professions like this should be background checked just like police with polygraphs etc.That would cut down on predators ih these trusted positions. But if you want to see bad satts look at your areas parental abuse of their own children sometime.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I thnik if you look at other churches and even secular society they have done the same thing. The fact ius that even lookig at groups such as teachers;social workers non-catholic pastpors ;they also attract people that are preadtors of children. Why;because they have easy accesss to children. This is one reson I thiunk all professions like this should be background checked just like police with polygraphs etc.That would cut down on predators ih these trusted positions. But if you want to see bad satts look at your areas parental abuse of their own children sometime.
My problem and shock at this particular story is that the Church covered the entire thing up for decades and even reassigned predators to other schools once they were discovered.

If a teacher was caught raping a student, they would not be moved to another school by the Principal, they would be prosecuted and put in jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies