Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:20 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
1 child a day tortured while the church turns a blind eye and reassigns the torturer to another parish is 1 child too many.
No ****, who tried to justify it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 09:20 AM

1,242 posts, read 2,460,107 times
I hear the biggest bloc of child rapists are in fact uncles... Shame on all of you for loving your uncles and supporting them as family members!

Old 05-21-2009, 09:29 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Its horrible. But the point remains. Which you fail to address.

There are MILLIONS of illegal mexicans committing crimes. Should we condemn ALL mexicans?

There are millions of young blacks in jail. Should we condemn ALL black people?

A race is NOT a religion.

A religion is something one chooses to join.

Once you join it you obviously support it.

Once you support it you support it's leaders.

If you support it's leaders after they have proven to be evil and criminal .....you support evil.

If you remain with the religion you are advocating the crimes.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:31 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
A race is NOT a religion.

A religion is something one chooses to join.

Once you join it you obviously support it.

Once you support it you support it's leaders.

If you support it's leaders after they have proven to be evil and criminal .....you support evil.

If you remain with the religion you are advocating the crimes.

Doesnt matter. You try to blanket a whole group because of a very small %. I just showed you can blanket any group you want to. It doesnt make either right. Are all the leaders criminal? No. Get over yourself.

You can try to justify your bigotry all you want but everyone knows what it is.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Funny how most here will condemn all of christianity or all catholics because of a very, very, very small %. Yet these same people would be foaming at the mouth if you tried to condemn...lets just use a few examples why dont we?

1) All Mexicans are horrible and we have no reason to listen to them because a small percentage come here illegally.

2) All liberals are gays. After all...a small % actually are.

3) What about blacks? Are all violent criminals because a small % are?

4) Whites? Are all whites methheads because some actually are?

This list could keep on keeping on. Yet you all would be pissed if anyone said this. Yet you are doing the exact same.
Quote:
Yes. But my point is its out of how many? 1 Billion?

Still a small %. Its horrible. But when you start condeming 100% of a group for what a small % have done you will find youself being grouped to something you dont like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
You know you're not going to get an answer from the left on your posts, right? It won't allow them to continue bashing ALL Catholics for the acts of a few.

It's just another way for them to vent about the horrors of Christianity.

I wonder if they p*** and moan when they walk into one of the thousands of Baptist/Methodist/etc. hospitals and need help.

It's just the standard crew on here complaining about anything they can find. The vast majority of the world knows that it's just a few idiots involved in this tragedy and we're condemning it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
No ****, who tried to justify it?
A few tried to justify it by saying there weren't many involved...or dragging in other issues....pure horsepucky.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
A few tried to justify it by saying there weren't many involved...or dragging in other issues....pure horsepucky.

No a few didnt. A few tried to show you how idiotic you are by condemning the WHOLE group because the actions of a very small %.
For your reference. Justifying it would be saying "iwhat they did was OK since its only a few". All we did was try to teach that which you obviously dont know. That you cant put an entire group in the same basket because of a very small %.

1,611 posts, read 4,853,404 times
As a life-long Catholic I feel the need to weigh in here. I couldn't agree more that many of the practices of the church heirarchy as well as the parish clergy are indefensible and appalling. But I have always separated my religion from its human representatives. Unfortunately, some deviates in the clergy have been drawn to the very positions that afford them access to victims in a lifestyle with very little oversight. Far too many parents send their children off to situations such as religious schools, CCE classes, service as acolytes and other occasions where there are opportunities for those predators to have free access to vulnerable children. Add to that the fact that when things go wrong we as parents haven't always believed our children when they've reported creepy behaviors. But I think the biggest problem has been that children have been told to show "respect" to those we deem to be authority figures (teachers, policemen, doctors, priests...) and that creates a huge conflict in the mind of a child. The church hierarchy then compounds the felony by throwing up a smokescreen of denials or else just shuffles Fr. Abuser off to another parish and hopes he'll see the error of his ways and not repeat his morally reprehensible and criminal behavior. Like that ever happens...

Having said all that though, I don't see my church as its fallible and sinful people but rather as a set of spiritual beliefs that connect me to God and to the genesis of my religion. Granted, it isn't exactly the way I was taught to practice the Catholic faith but it is the accomodation I have had to reach with myself to be able to remain a practicing Catholic in the face of horrific transgressions by those who would identify themselves as Catholics.

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Default Pro life usually stops at birth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post

I hardly doubt the OP was arguing that.

It just reeks of hypocrisy that they call themselves "pro life" but what kind of life is it for children if they are going to be raped and/or tortured once they're on earth?
Because the Right-to-Lifers are only supporting the fetus, not the person after birth.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Doesnt matter. You try to blanket a whole group because of a very small %. I just showed you can blanket any group you want to. It doesnt make either right. Are all the leaders criminal? No. Get over yourself.

You can try to justify your bigotry all you want but everyone knows what it is.
Your support of raping and torturing children by saying other people do bad things too is ridiculous.

It's people who support the leaders who encouraged this behaviour who should take a good look at THEIR bigotry...the bigotry that say is you do something in the name of god all is OK......sick.

Trying to minimize the horror of what was done to these children is sick.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Because the Right-to-Lifers are only supporting the fetus, not the person after birth.

They actually support personal responsibility. You shouldnt get pregnant if you cant afford to provide for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies