Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 05:42 AM

236 posts, read 387,140 times

Advertisements

People, there is a serious delusion among westerners! Most of you mistakenly think that all Muslims of the World look and dress just like people from Saudi Arabia, Iran and other fundamentalist theocratic countries!... That is not true!
Have you watched Eurovision 2009 song contest at least? Azerbaijan (where I am from) took the third place! Listen to our Aysel & Arash duet's song "Always" and tell me does our Aysell look like Saudi women???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 05:45 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,919,738 times
Eurovision is great; a much higher quality show than American Idol.

And no, I don't think all Muslims are the same. I've worked with several and they were all really decent people.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Eurovision is great; a much higher quality show than American Idol.

And no, I don't think all Muslims are the same. I've worked with several and they were all really decent people.
Thank you! And that's true!
But I want to underline that we are sometimes completely different: in everyday life, level and quality of education, human rights and etc.!

Old 05-21-2009, 07:23 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Negresco View Post
People, there is a serious delusion among westerners! Most of you mistakenly think that all Muslims of the World look and dress just like people from Saudi Arabia, Iran and other fundamentalist theocratic countries!... That is not true!
Have you watched Eurovision 2009 song contest at least? Azerbaijan (where I am from) took the third place! Listen to our Aysel & Arash duet's song "Always" and tell me does our Aysell look like Saudi women???
No, all muslims are not like the Iranians, Saudis and Taliban. Actually, not all Iranians, Saudis and Afghans are fundementalist jihadists either. Unfortunately though, the nutcases get the press and lets be honest here -- they are dangerous. Not just to the west or to Israel - but to their own people who may be moderate muslims, homosexuals and/or women.

It is very sad and just serves as a warning to the rest of the world to not allow religous fundementalists to take over government -- any religion, not just Islam.

I understand that even in places like Turkey where they have managed to keep a balance of political freedoms and religious tolerance are now feeling pressure to become a theocracy. I hope that Turkey is able to withstand the pressure.

Old 05-21-2009, 07:26 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Gee really?

I doubt the Saudis and Iranians would like be thrown in the same pot as one is Arab while the other is Persian. The Saudis are Sunni nutjobs while the Iranians are Shia nutjobs. Not all of course!

Old 05-21-2009, 07:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
I have always considered any set of religious militant fundamentalists to be dangerous fanatics. I do not believe they are any larger a minority of Muslims than they are of Christians. I thank the majority for their tolerance of the sins of our dangerous minorities.

Unfortunately the warmongers of America do not want us to believe that we are killing so many innocents in our great crusade for the sanctity of Christian American Oil located in Muslim lands.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Gee really?

I doubt the Saudis and Iranians would like be thrown in the same pot as one is Arab while the other is Persian. The Saudis are Sunni nutjobs while the Iranians are Shia nutjobs. Not all of course!
Dear Moth, my purpose was to separate fundamentalist so-called Muslim states from other countries with major Muslim population. I was not "throwing" Saudi Arabia and Iran "in the same pot" and don't say that they have the same ideology. And BTW I have a Master's in Political Sciences and Iran is our neighboring country.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have always considered any set of religious militant fundamentalists to be dangerous fanatics. I do not believe they are any larger a minority of Muslims than they are of Christians. I thank the majority for their tolerance of the sins of our dangerous minorities.

Unfortunately the warmongers of America do not want us to believe that we are killing so many innocents in our great crusade for the sanctity of Christian American Oil located in Muslim lands.

Thank you, GregW! Your view are very comprehensive and knowledge is specific!

But let me just add that US is also reach of oil. And moreover there are new oil deposits are being discovered in Arctic. It's time to US to redirect economic interests a bit.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:09 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Dear Moth, my purpose was to separate fundamentalist so-called Muslim states from other countries with major Muslim population. I was not "throwing" Saudi Arabia and Iran "in the same pot" and don't say that they have the same ideology. And BTW I have a Master's in Political Sciences and Iran is our neighboring country.

I know very well what you are doing. I was having a bit of fun with irony.

Rest assured the USA has millions of Muslims living normal lives here.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
I know very well what you are doing. I was having a bit of fun with irony.

Rest assured the USA has millions of Muslims living normal lives here.

Thank you, dear Moth! As many people know that as close the peace!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies