Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 05:26 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times

Advertisements

I'm confident that even if California eliminates welfare completely, right-wingers will still hate the state. Does anyone disagree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 05:36 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I'm confident that even if California eliminates welfare completely, right-wingers will still hate the state. Does anyone disagree?
Do you honestly think that the only reason so many dislike CA is just welfare? How little you know, and in fact, are quite ignorant. I am a conservative, not a Republican. I realize that uou probably don't understand the difference. I moved my family out of the state of CA last year and I am so glad that I did. CA doesn't believe in the right to bear arms and they do expect all citizens of that state to just accept the illegals. There are tons of reasons why conservatives dislike CA. Try doing some research before you continue to show your ignorance of this subject.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Well here it is 6/9/2009 and as far as I know welfare still exists in California.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well here it is 6/9/2009 and as far as I know welfare still exists in California.
And it will always exist.

Old 06-09-2009, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Do you honestly think that the only reason so many dislike CA is just welfare? How little you know, and in fact, are quite ignorant. I am a conservative, not a Republican. I realize that uou probably don't understand the difference. I moved my family out of the state of CA last year and I am so glad that I did. CA doesn't believe in the right to bear arms and they do expect all citizens of that state to just accept the illegals. There are tons of reasons why conservatives dislike CA. Try doing some research before you continue to show your ignorance of this subject.
Well aren't you just superior.

I never said I thought the "only" reason people disliked California is due to its welfare system, but I do think it's a big reason. It's been talked about repeatedly on this forum.

It's interesting that, because you disagreed with something I said - and it was a misunderstanding on your part - you assert that I'm "quite ignorant." Really? So do you think I'm "quite ignorant" about a lot of things because of your misunderstanding or am I "quite ignorant" on just this one issue? I'm wondering how much you generalize and come to quick (albeit erroneous) conclusions.

I do understand that conservates and Republicans are not one in the same. In fact, I see that conservative ideas can be found in both the Democratic and Republican Parties. On the other hand, liberal ideas are almost never found or even tolerated in the Republican Party.

Please spare me from your haughty attitude.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:07 PM

3,106 posts, read 7,372,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Quote:
"She said most of the money comes from the federal government, while the state provides additional matching funds. Butte welfare chief calls killing Cal-Works 'ludicrous' - Oroville Mercury Register
Texan, my guess is you, me, and other states may be paying a bigger chunk of their welfare. Don't know if they can do that, but if there is a way....

Quote:
Some of the reductions Steinberg proposed will be offset partly or largely by federal stimulus dollars — for example, to schools and universities — but he said that provides little comfort to millions of people touched by government programs.

Steinberg, D-Sacramento, also came out against a Schwarzenegger plan to borrow nearly $2 billion from local governments, saying it's unfair as cities and counties are struggling to balance their own books. http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingn...nclick_check=1

Why I "resent" California - they come up with these laws, then the Feds hop on the laws and coerce other states into adopting them -- threaten to withhold Fed $$ if the states don't "obey". Well, Cal does not represent the pulse of the entire country.

Just not sure if it comes from Cal OR if the Feds/ special interest groups use Cal as their launching board state.

Evidently in Cal, which is supposedly the liberal state (in truth the laws that spring from there restrict more and more of our rights), it's easier to get these laws passed.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Why I "resent" California - they come up with these laws, then the Feds hop on the laws and coerce other states into adopting them -- threaten to withhold Fed $$ if the states don't "obey". Well, Cal does not represent the pulse of the entire country.
So when "the feds" are Republicans, do you believe they also hop onto California's laws and coerce other states into adopting them?

Old 06-09-2009, 06:22 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,454,913 times
Why not just end welfare for the criminal aliens and keep it for Americans? It would encourage more to go home, opening up their jobs to Americans out of work and, thus, reducing their need for welfare as well. Seems like a win-win.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Well aren't you just superior.

I never said I thought the "only" reason people disliked California is due to its welfare system, but I do think it's a big reason. It's been talked about repeatedly on this forum.

It's interesting that, because you disagreed with something I said - and it was a misunderstanding on your part - you assert that I'm "quite ignorant." Really? So do you think I'm "quite ignorant" about a lot of things because of your misunderstanding or am I "quite ignorant" on just this one issue? I'm wondering how much you generalize and come to quick (albeit erroneous) conclusions.

I do understand that conservates and Republicans are not one in the same. In fact, I see that conservative ideas can be found in both the Democratic and Republican Parties. On the other hand, liberal ideas are almost never found or even tolerated in the Republican Party.

Please spare me from your haughty attitude.
Because it is talked about in this forum and you think the rest of the U.S. thinks that way? That is ignorance. Thank you for proving my point.

BTW, spare me your ignorance and research before you post.

Old 06-09-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Because it is talked about in this forum and you think the rest of the U.S. thinks that way? That is ignorance. Thank you for proving my point.
I proved none of your points. Once again, you're twisting my words. I said that a lot of people dislike California because of its welfare programs. I never said I believe that all of the U.S. thinks that way.

Quote:
BTW, spare me your ignorance and research before you post.
No, sorry. If you don't like my posts, you can ignore them, or ignore me altogether.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies