Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which group do you dislike more?
Blacks 41 18.14%
Gays 22 9.73%
Neither. I like and accept both groups as part of our society. 163 72.12%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 03:51 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,626,809 times

Advertisements

Bigots are the one at the top of my "hate" list. Regardless of colour,faith, nation, race or creed, sexual orientation or politics. I am extremely fair and treat ALL bigots the same , with the contempt they deserve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 04:00 AM

185 posts, read 108,778 times
Trolling thread. Mods please close.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:05 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegie View Post
I disagree. Many people hate people in both groups and many people don't bother to evaluate each individual on their own merits.

Therefore they prejudge all people based on their inclusion in one of these groups. Then they discriminate making decisions based on membership in these groups.

I thinks its important to flush out the reasons for this and encourage people to judge each individual on their own merits. This is an important topic, a good thread and a good conversation to have.

- Reel

Old 05-22-2009, 04:07 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
Which group do you dislike more? Blacks or gays?

Whites who have a PHOBIA about Blacks or Gays!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 04:24 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
It's not a trolling thread at all. There have been numerous discussions on this forum about how the fight for equality compares and contrasts between the black population and the gay population. In fact, you've been quite vociferous in your anti-gay sentiments, and you're hardly alone. There is an intense dislike among some for blacks and gays. I started this thread because I wanted to see how predominant those sentiments are among the posters on this forum.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:39 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,206,409 times
I don't hate anyone but I intensely dislike it when Scientologists keep calling me to try and interest me in their carp. I've told them several times I'm not the least bit interested but they keep calling anyway.

Note: Maybe after my profane outburst last night to the poor soul whose "turn" it was to call me, someone will get it that they are wasting their time on me.

P.S. I really do hate pedophiles, no matter what their color or sexual orientation.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
It's not a trolling thread at all. There have been numerous discussions on this forum about how the fight for equality compares and contrasts between the black population and the gay population. In fact, you've been quite vociferous in your anti-gay sentiments, and you're hardly alone. There is an intense dislike among some for blacks and gays. I started this thread because I wanted to see how predominant those sentiments are among the posters on this forum.

You're lying! I've never expressed anti-gay sentiments. This inflammatory thread is based on the false premise that people (conservatives) hate blacks and gays. It has been duly reported.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:01 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,563 times
Quote:
You're lying! I've never expressed anti-gay sentiments. This hateful thread is based on the false premise that people (conservatives) hate blacks and gays.
I have to say, I don't believe it's a false premise at all! Certainly, not all conservatives HATE blacks and gays, but I do believe religion has a lot to do with prejudice in our society and most conservatives are religious. Hence, more conservatives have a dislike of blacks and gays than non religious left leaners

Old 05-22-2009, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I have to say, I don't believe it's a false premise at all! Certainly, not all conservatives HATE blacks and gays, but I do believe religion has a lot to do with prejudice in our society and most conservatives are religious. Hence, more conservatives have a dislike of blacks and gays than non religious left leaners
I see more prejudice against white male Christians than any other group by far. In fact, that is the only group it is not politically incorrect to hate.

Conservatives don't even see race. They want everyone treated the same. Their objection is when blacks receive preferential treatment based on race. As for gays, some conservatives believe homosexuality is wrong. It's the action that is disliked and not the people. That's not hatred.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:54 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,623,038 times
Quote:
I see more prejudice against white male Christians than any other group by far. In fact, that is the only group it is not politically incorrect to hate.

Conservatives don't even see race. They want everyone treated the same. Their objection is when blacks receive preferential treatment based on race. As for gays, some conservatives believe homosexuality is wrong. It's the action that is disliked and not the people. That's not hatred.

Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies