Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 04:38 AM

23,171 posts, read 26,182,686 times

Advertisements

Not that I don't think it's the right decision but it's rather odd that it's Ok to bail out private companies but not our own entities.
Did the Obama administration have some epithany as to over spending or, like so many citizens, did their credit card suddenly cut the limit to be charged?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2009, 04:54 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And I'd say that George Bush finely defined for us how NOT to run a federal government. Spend, spend, spend!

Get serious! BO and his Democratic spend thrifts have quadrupled the deficit in just three months, and now their going forward with socialized medicine.

The $1.8 trillion BO deficit dwarfs anything Bush helped to create. And next year it is projected to be $1.3 trillion!

Heard he's gonna slash the defense budget to save a couple hundred billion. We got defense contractors laying people off because entire weapons systems are being canned halfway through their production (F-22 and the AK ICBM shield) at a time when BO's running around talking about what a great idea it is to spend as much money as he possibly can to stimulate the economy.

The whole thing is a scam. That money is set aside to buy votes in the 2010 mid-term election. I don't know of any stimulus money being spent anywhere near SE MI and we lead the nation in unemployment.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:18 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,341,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
As a Republican Bush disappointed me with some of his spending policies. I was also against his stance on illegal immigration. That being said, I would still take him over the Messiah........

Boy do I feel the same way!!!!! I lived in Germany with Socialized Medical, you guys do not want it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Neither party seems to want to handle illegal immigration. At least my State is trying (OK) although, the State is in court ACLU thinks it bad to send illegals back.

Just had a grandchild That poor boy will be paying for all this spending going on, actually, we probably will be. Don't tell me just the rich are going to pay taxes. That 5 percent can't pick up this whole mess. We will.

People will say Bush spent to much AND HE DID. But look what Obama has done. Bush's spending looks small compare to this guy.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Bail out the banks ? Yes
Bail out the insurance companies ? Yes
Give millions/billions to other countries ? Yes
Bail out auto industry ? No
Bail out states ? No

Maybe California should declare itself a bank or insurance company like Goldman and GMAC did so they can get some money.

Long live the banks !

Old 05-22-2009, 05:02 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,437 times
I'm on the record that in my opinion we should not have bailed out any private or public company nor should we bail out California. I find it very hard to believe the poster above is a Texan!!!

Old 05-22-2009, 05:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,450,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
I'm on the record that in my opinion we should not have bailed out any private or public company nor should we bail out California. I find it very hard to believe the poster above is a Texan!!!
I'm totally against any of the bailouts. But what is is what is.
The banks seem to be getting all the money regardless of anyone's opinion.
So if California wants money all they have to do is become a bank and that was tongue in cheek.

The US Govt should NOT even toy with this idea of helping California otherwise there will be 49 other states lined up right behind Arnie.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:07 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,150,148 times
Yep good move on Obama's part. Now will he help CA protect its border and stop paying for the citizens of another country?

Old 05-22-2009, 05:11 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,454,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The US Govt should NOT even toy with this idea of helping California otherwise there will be 49 other states lined up right behind Arnie.
Exactly

Another point is that it would be unfair to the states (such as Texas) that have been responsible. It's unlikely that we would need to be bailed out anytime soon.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:12 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And I'd say that George Bush finely defined for us how NOT to run a federal government. Spend, spend, spend!

And obama seems to have decided to show bush that he was spend thirft. He has tripeled the budget from Bush had in a little over 100 days. The interest alone on his spending would eqaul most deficits run.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:42 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Not that I don't think it's the right decision but it's rather odd that it's Ok to bail out private companies but not our own entities.
Did the Obama administration have some epithany as to over spending or, like so many citizens, did their credit card suddenly cut the limit to be charged?
I also found that ironic. Why the financial and auto bailouts when our state is in financial crisis. All this talk about rewarding irresponsible behavior, the financial and auto industries dug their hole so the tax payers should bail them out? I do think that California should be more responsible but lots of folks will lose their jobs if we cannot get help for our state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies