Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 09:40 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I think direct deposit is the cause of their getting pregnant

Unless you are two lesbians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 09:48 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
The employees would hate to see us go. I tell them to quit voting for politicians who will put them out of work.
Your employees should sue you for creating a hostile work environment.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:53 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I propose that when women who are on welfare go to pick up their monthly checks, they should be required to receive the depo shot. They would not receive their check until they received the shot. Thus, this keeps their breeding at bay & reduces the need for welfare so all of you out there who complain about it...problem solved. Thoughts?
As much as I'd like to agree with you, not everyone on Welfare is irresponsible. There are a lot of needy families who, through not fault of their own are needy. Welfare is a general term for government assistance.

Since this is such an obvious invasion of privacy, I'll have to vote against it. This isn't China (yet)

On the other hand, if you want to force every man who doesn't pay child support to get a vasectomy, that's something I might stop to consider.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:56 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
I think direct deposit is the cause of their getting pregnant
ROFLMAO

Is there also a penalty for early withdrawal?

Old 05-23-2009, 10:04 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Your employees should sue you for creating a hostile work environment.
Spoken like a true liberal! And the country wonders we have lost our edge against China, et al.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:09 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
ROFLMAO

Is there also a penalty for early withdrawal?
Yup the bank is losing out and they may not let you deposit again. It is a two way street that should be profitable to each. To break the agreement is selfish

Old 05-23-2009, 10:10 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,034,158 times
Quote:
Unless you are two lesbians.
In that case it is not a direct deposit as each person has nothing to deposit

Old 05-23-2009, 10:15 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,066 times
Quote:
Spoken like a true liberal! And the country wonders we have lost our edge against China, et al.
Oh yeah, China is a model for employer/employee relations. Nice to know how low you are willing to go. I'm sure you would prefer that U.S. business owners be able to treat their employees as if they work in a fiefdom, but it's not the case. Unfortunately you don't seem to know this. Your employees have their jobs at a high price, in spite of what you pay them or their thankfulness for having a job, which you seem more than happy to exploit.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:35 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I propose that when women who are on welfare go to pick up their monthly checks, they should be required to receive the depo shot. They would not receive their check until they received the shot. Thus, this keeps their breeding at bay & reduces the need for welfare so all of you out there who complain about it...problem solved. Thoughts?
I know it sounds extreme here but it's not a horrible idea. In Florida, when you have a baby and are on Medicaid they require you to get a prescription for birth control (pills, shot or whatever you chose) before you leave the hospital. If you refuse, you risk losing your benefits. They can't make them take it but you would think the threat of losing benefits would be enough to make people take it on their own.

Old 05-24-2009, 05:46 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
As much as I'd like to agree with you, not everyone on Welfare is irresponsible. There are a lot of needy families who, through not fault of their own are needy. Welfare is a general term for government assistance.

Since this is such an obvious invasion of privacy, I'll have to vote against it. This isn't China (yet)

On the other hand, if you want to force every man who doesn't pay child support to get a vasectomy, that's something I might stop to consider.
Don't you just love the argument, "Not every blah blah does bleet bleet. There are some who don't."

Mindless

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies