Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 10:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
And Obama's father was already married... to a woman back home in Kenya. So was his marriage to Obama's mother legitimate? Was Obama still born within wedlock?
But they were Muslims and polygamy is the norm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 10:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Deciding not to have children before you can afford to raise them and not having more children than you can afford takes intelligence, foresight and personal responsibility. Most people are poor because the are unintelligent, lack foresight and have no personal responsibility. Therefore poor people are more likely than less poor people to have children that they can't afford.

This is not good for anyone but its especially not good for the folks who are having the children they can't afford and, of course, the children they bring into the world. These folks need help. We help them by giving them money. Why can't we do something to limit the number of children they have. They would be much better off.

- Reel
Yes, since these people require the government (ie taxpayers) to take care of them, letting them breed and breed isn't taking good care of them. They are government dependent, helpless. The government must feed and clothe and shelter them, and the government must help them with other important decisions.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:18 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
EXACTLY! So why do you feel it necessary to post,
Because they do!

Old 05-27-2009, 12:41 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The Constitution does not have anything in it about free housing, free food, and free everything that has to be provided to anyone. .
You are correct. But the government can't connect a requirement for medical procedures, or medications to welfare. Doing that would be unconstitutional. We don't have to give them welfare in the first place. But if we do, we can't force them to undergo anything "medical." I am unsure if it would be legal to even "recommend" it. But I know for certain we cannot require it.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:34 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
This is a very interesting (and LONG) thread.

I always find it simply fascinating that people will rant and rage about those "welfare queens" while saying absolutely nothing about the bigger problem of the Corporate "welfare kingpins".

Its like the people who demand life sentences for someone who steals $100 worth of whatnots but view the "WHITE" collar criminal who defrauds and steals millions as a non-threat (ie a few months at Club Fed)

Corporations and the wealthy have been "working" the system for years and decades and generations....and they are referred to as "trailblazers, tycoons, moguls, mavericks". They have perfected the use of LOOPHOLES.

Welfare queens aren't the problem...corporate welfare is.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:59 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
This is a very interesting (and LONG) thread.

I always find it simply fascinating that people will rant and rage about those "welfare queens" while saying absolutely nothing about the bigger problem of the Corporate "welfare kingpins".

Its like the people who demand life sentences for someone who steals $100 worth of whatnots but view the "WHITE" collar criminal who defrauds and steals millions as a non-threat (ie a few months at Club Fed)

Corporations and the wealthy have been "working" the system for years and decades and generations....and they are referred to as "trailblazers, tycoons, moguls, mavericks". They have perfected the use of LOOPHOLES.

I know, I agree. I can't believe one of my threads has gone this long, this is a first.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:02 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
the solution for getting rid of welfare babies is simply to stop handing out welfare. eventually, they will starve off. problem solved.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:13 PM

530 posts, read 650,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I know, I agree. I can't believe one of my threads has gone this long, this is a first.
You obviously struck a cord! There are alot of corrupt systems in america, including this one and none of them will be easy to fix. But if we hope to substain our nation they all have to be worked on, including this. National reform needs to take place, and it needs to start with you and I. We need to stand up together and admit things are broken, and try to take the steps necesssary to start fixing them.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:36 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,398,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
There isn't just one welfare problem. Corporate welfare is a problem. So is family welfare, educational welfare, ... on and on...

Old 05-28-2009, 12:29 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
And put their lazy azzes where exactly? Common...you must have a plan.

Who cares what happens to them so long as I'M NOT PAYING THEIR WAY.

You won't work?

STARVE!

It may sound cold but we have to draw the line in the sand. How many groups of people are responsible, hardworking folks like myself going to be required to support?

Oh, you popped out a bunch of kids because you couldn't stop from rutting with the neighborhood drug dealer and he bailed? No problem, here's some food stamps, lifetime welfare, free utilities and section 8 housing.

Your too fat to work? No problem, here is some disability.

You snuck into this country illegally? Hey, how bout free health care, food stamps and amnesty. Ohh, BTW if anyone offends you by flying an American flag we'll force them to take it down and require them to translate everything into your language or we'll charge them with a hate crime.

Career criminal and can't find work? Just get on welfare.

Signed up for a mortgage you couldn't possibly afford on a huge hom eyou don't need. Don't worry, the government is thinking about sticking the banks with the debt so you can just keep the house!

If we don't change this entitlement mentality all of the achievers are going to flee this country. I'm not going to bust my a$$ so I can have everything taken from me and handed to the lazy and stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies