Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 02:01 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
So how does that harm you? How does it effect you -- in very concrete terms and examples, please.
I'm going to make this very plain to you and not mince my words.

I disassociate myself with homosexuals.

I have nothing in common with a homosexual.

I put them on the same social level with deviant pedophiles and rapists.

I regard homosexuals as mentally flawed individuals and I pity them.

Why on earth would I want my marriage to be considered equal to that of a homosexual?

Old 05-22-2009, 02:01 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
If you are like most homosexuals in California who cannot tolerate another point of view without inciting violence or making derogatory statements, then you are indeed a bigot, just like them.
How do you know what "most homosexuals in California" are like?

Old 05-22-2009, 02:03 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
Not supporting gay marriage is, and always will be a Christian doctrine.

Again, proud to be a bigot. There is something wrong with you if you aren't a bigot.
My church would beg to differ

Old 05-22-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I'm going to make this very plain to you and not mince my words.

I disassociate myself with homosexuals.

I have nothing in common with a homosexual.

I put them on the same social level with deviant pedophiles and rapists.

I regard homosexuals as mentally flawed individuals and I pity them.

Why on earth would I want my marriage to be considered equal to that of a homosexual?
I pity your ignorance. Please don't pity me - just stay away!

Old 05-22-2009, 02:07 PM

355 posts, read 447,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I think you're making quite a leap (as many do). I don't equate being against same-sex marriage with bigotry, but often, bigotry underlies the reasons why many are against it.

So, be against same-sex marriage all you want and I won't think of you as a bigot, but if you start talking about homosexuality as being unnatural, against "god", a mental illness, etc., well then, I will think of you as a bigot.
As usual you are quick to label people that have justified, rational, morally-correct beliefs.

Sexuality between a man and a woman is natural because its intention is to produce offspring. This is why God intended for humans to be fruitful and multiply so that the Earth can be replenished and the human race can continue from generation to generation.

Homosexuality is unnatural, immoral, an illness, and a sin. Most people agree with this but most of us also realize that homosexuals are human beings and no animosity or violence should be directed toward them. We believe homosexuals can convert to a heterosexual lifestyle, just as other people with abnormal desires can change.

This is not being a bigot. Bigotry would only be applied to somebody who advocates violence or the overthorow of a certain group based on differences. I certainly do not condone any kind of violence against homosexuals, and I'm sure this can be applied to almost everyone else.

But you and the rest of the libs obviously have your minds fixed on name-calling and labeling people bigots, racists, homophobes, intolerant, prejudiced, and the like simply because our viewpoints are different than yours.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Doctors and scientists disagree with you, but I know that won't stop you from repeating the same old erroneous lines.

I cannot for the LIFE of me, begin to wrap my mind around the concept of associating anything natural or pleasurable between two men having sex. It totally escapes me how two women could have a sexual attraction for each other. For this reason alone I cannot conceive of this being normal, or natural or even sane.

And as sure as I am that there are people on this board who enjoy it - It repulses me.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:10 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronK View Post
I am a bigot. I do not support same-sex marriage, so by the left's warped up logic I must be a bigot. If not supporting this perversion is bigoted, if being a Christian means I am a bigot, if standing up for what I believe to be right makes me a bigot, then so be it.

I want to formally declare the word bigot to be positive. Such a word, when applied to right wingers especially, is an acclamation of intelligence. So bigots unite! I am a bigot and I am proud to be a bigot, because being a bigot is a good, positive thing. Not a bad or negative thing.
You are a bigot because you trying to push your interpretation of religious doctrine on to the whole nation. Marriage in the US has always been a secular institution... you don't have to go to a church, mosque or temple to get married. The atheist mayor your town can marry you. If your church disagrees with gay marriage, then your church should not perform gay marriage... when you fight for that interpretation to be secular law, then you are a bigot... particularly when your only reasoning is based on your interpretation of the bible and not on any universal rationale. Bigot.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:11 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post
As usual you are quick to label people that have justified, rational, morally-correct beliefs.

Sexuality between a man and a woman is natural because its intention is to produce offspring. This is why God intended for humans to be fruitful and multiply so that the Earth can be replenished and the human race can continue from generation to generation.

Homosexuality is unnatural, immoral, an illness, and a sin. Most people agree with this but most of us also realize that homosexuals are human beings and no animosity or violence should be directed toward them. We believe homosexuals can convert to a heterosexual lifestyle, just as other people with abnormal desires can change.

This is not being a bigot. Bigotry would only be applied to somebody who advocates violence or the overthorow of a certain group based on differences. I certainly do not condone any kind of violence against homosexuals, and I'm sure this can be applied to almost everyone else.

But you and the rest of the libs obviously have your minds fixed on name-calling and labeling people bigots, racists, homophobes, intolerant, prejudiced, and the like simply because our viewpoints are different than yours.
Yikes, the post you are responding to is saying that Aaron isn't a bigot. You did see that he was qualifying the definition of bigot, didn't you?

Old 05-22-2009, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I cannot for the LIFE of me, begin to wrap my mind around the concept of associating anything natural or pleasurable between two men having sex. It totally escapes me how two women could have a sexual attraction for each other. For this reason alone I cannot conceive of this being normal, or natural or even sane.

And as sure as I am that there are people on this board who enjoy it - It repulses me.
I can't for the LIFE of me understand how obese people can find sex pleasurable. It's disgusting and should be outlawed for anyone who I don't personally find attractive to ever have sex

Old 05-22-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikesamillion View Post

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies