Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 02:55 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
jesus christ... you've got to be kidding me right???
firstly you seem very bitter, and you're examples of gay jokes and banter is no different than a pack of straight guys talking about the limp wristed guy walking down the street...
give me a break.. homosexual relationships are scary to you because they blur gender roles to the next level.. Women's suffrage started the ball rolling.. and now our society has changed, where men play stronger roles in the home, and many times women support the household..
Homosexuals are not going to hinder reproduction any more than they already are by getting married...
what's hindering reproduction is the shift in our society.. where children are no longer an economic asset, and more of a liability.. and that liability seems to increase exponentially...
Sure there's issues in our society.. but don't blame the gays.. they don't have anything to do with reproduction.. they are who they are.. deserve the right to life and liberty as anyone else...
I'm a gay person.. a gay man.. and I hold doors for women, men, children, anyone.. I'd go out of my way to help anyone in trouble.. those are character qualities, not based upon sexuality... though it seems you're content on demonizing sexuality so much that it is the root cause of everything wrong with society....
bottom line is.. homosexuals and homosexuality scares you.. you don't understand it.. because frankly you aren't one... gay's can understand straight people more, because they are mainstream and every gay person is the product of a straight household...
If that bothers you, perhaps understanding what you hear and see by learning about proper context is in order before you come in here and chuck us all back into the 18th century...
All you just did was strike back the very same way you felt you were being attacked. Look closely at your own statements and tell me they don't wreak of the same attitude you were condemning. Maybe you don't understand str8 people as well as you think you do. Just because you grew up with them doesn't mean you understand because just as you pointed out about the previous poster, you aren't one.

Kudos on your manners though. Good to see there are still some out there using them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 02:55 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,424,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
[1] I am not surprised at all by this. But you should know that at "heterosexual" parties, I have never been in the company of people who bash gays. The subject never comes up.

[2] Gay people are miserable creatures who enjoy ridiculing others. It has to be the most pathetic existence on the face of the earth to be a homosexual. Their value is wrapped up in the worship of being young, youth culture, and never growing old. Has anyone ever met an old homosexual? They are simply the most pathetic people to be around. Seriously. Because they LOSE THEIR VALUE to their "culture" when the aging sets in.

[3] A homosexual by nature is not self sacrificing. They are all quite the opposite, they are self serving, and self indulgent.

[4] That last bit pretty much sums it all up. Homosexuals owe to nobody but themselves. Gay men deep down cannot stand females. And lesbians deep down hate men. They will do a darn good job of covering it up, but homosexuals in the deepest pit on their gut hate everything about the opposite sex.
No, heterosexuals go on internet boards to bash gays.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:57 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:

[2] Gay people are miserable creatures who enjoy ridiculing others. It has to be the most pathetic existence on the face of the earth to be a homosexual. Their value is wrapped up in the worship of being young, youth culture, and never growing old. Has anyone ever met an old homosexual? They are simply the most pathetic people to be around. Seriously. Because they LOSE THEIR VALUE to their "culture" when the aging sets in.

LOL, you are certainly predictable, aren't you? So fess up once & for all gem, why such hatred of a group of people that you obviously know nothing about, nor do you have any friends who are gay? Take a look at this post, it reeks of misdirected disdain. It's also completely false & in posting this, you've made yourself look quite pathetic, rather than homosexuals. I simply can't fathom how someone can be so completely rude to others just because they aren't like you. So let's hear it, why such an assinine hatred?

Old 05-28-2009, 02:58 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,916,948 times
Quote:
[1] I am not surprised at all by this. But you should know that at "heterosexual" parties, I have never been in the company of people who bash gays. The subject never comes up.

[3] A homosexual by nature is not self sacrificing. They are all quite the opposite, they are self serving, and self indulgent.

[4] That last bit pretty much sums it all up. Homosexuals owe to nobody but themselves. Gay men deep down cannot stand females. And lesbians deep down hate men. They will do a darn good job of covering it up, but homosexuals in the deepest pit on their gut hate everything about the opposite sex.
this is bigotry at it's finest... wow.. to label an entire group of people like you are....
hate to break it to you sweetheart, but 80 percent of my close friends are female, some are actually lesbians as well...
just because you're not sexually attracted to someone doesn't mean you hate them... there's more to life than dick and pusssy...

Old 05-28-2009, 02:59 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
this is bigotry at it's finest... wow.. to label an entire group of people like you are....
hate to break it to you sweetheart, but 80 percent of my close friends are female, some are actually lesbians as well...
just because you're not sexually attracted to someone doesn't mean you hate them... there's more to life than dick and *****...
I know, she's something isn't she? Something pretty miserable, pathetic & awful actually. We really should feel sorry for her if we weren't laughing so hard.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:00 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Yeah, liberals love to indoctrinate kids on gays, multiculturism, and tolerance, but if you even think of so much as hinting at patriotism or conservative values, suddenly they are outraged and screaming for the ACLU! PAthetic

Old 05-28-2009, 03:01 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I know, she's something isn't she? Something pretty miserable, pathetic & awful actually. We really should feel sorry for her if we weren't laughing so hard.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:03 PM

3,007 posts, read 6,284,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Any civilization that rewards those who don't procreate and punishes those that do, eventually are replaced by societies that do not.

And IMHO, there is animosity in the homosexual community against "breeders" (especially of the opposite sex), which makes gays the most virulent hate and fear-mongering group.

[Subjective flag on] While attending a gay party of bears, I heard endless "b*tch bashing" jokes and universal disdain toward "breeders". Though, they were more tolerant of lesbians... on principle, bearly.

Among lesbians, aren't "man bashing jokes" popular? Isn't there disdain for "breeder males" and animosity towards patriarchal institutions?

In the gay community, is there equal respect given to heterosexual family values, religion and role models?
Or are they painted as "hate and fear-mongering" opponents, ridiculed for their viewpoints? Don't they try to insinuate that homosexuality is mainstream and dominant, even desirable (NAMBLA, ZPG)?

Ah, the mirror of intolerance and xenophobia faces both ways...

Here's a test of values, supposedly ingrained in all human cultures.
It is the privilege of males to sacrifice themselves for women and children. It's enshrined in the axiom: "Women and children into the lifeboat FIRST!"

It's not "equal rights" but unequal duty. Women hold a superior right to life, based on that value system. And any man who acts cowardly, allowing a woman or child to die, to save his own life, is held with great contempt.

[] Do wives have the duty to sacrifice themselves for their husband?
NO.
[] Do children have the duty to sacrifice themselves for their parents?
NO.

Now, let us think about this:
Do homosexual males feel duty bound to sacrifice themselves for women and children?
Even at the risk to his gay partner?
Do homosexual females expect that all males should sacrifice themselves, for her benefit?
Even if she disdains them?

When you resolve that conundrum, you may better understand why distrust underlies the issue.
Can society trust homosexual males to sacrifice themselves for women and children?
Can society respect homosexual females who disrespect the men sacrificed for them?
Valid questions. I agree that the debate has been extremely one-sided, which I guess is natural. But the fear and trepidation on the other side must taken into account. We can start by deconstructing matters into their constituent components.

Among these are
1) Anti-heterosexual policies
2) Anti- natural family children policies
3) Marriage as stepping stone to force feeding a more aggressive agenda, a reeducation of sorts, as opposed to simple granting of this right.
4) One-sided reverse discrimination, which has already led to great bitterness in other gender and race debates
5) Possible funding for affirmative action

When any of these are brought up, the usually reaction is really aggressive and condescending. Sad, but predictable. I understand. It is normal reaction to decades of oppression. Nevertheless, the fear remains and needs to get removed if the country is truly going to enlighten itself.

The approach of the Log Cabin Republicans, calm, collected and rational, is a voice that should play a more prominent role in this great debate. It is sorely needed to replace the shrill and frankly embarrassingly ignorant views espoused by a number of prominent celebrities who want to shove a very broad agenda. They and their anger hurts more than it helps.

Let's see what results...and see if we cannot move this discussion onto a classier and more intellectual plane.

S.

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, you are certainly predictable, aren't you? So fess up once & for all gem, why such hatred of a group of people that you obviously know nothing about, nor do you have any friends who are gay? Take a look at this post, it reeks of misdirected disdain. It's also completely false & in posting this, you've made yourself look quite pathetic, rather than homosexuals. I simply can't fathom how someone can be so completely rude to others just because they aren't like you. So let's hear it, why such an assinine hatred?
I have never had one single positive experience in my entire life that came from anything to do with a homosexual.

There was a time when I extended olive branches but never again.

I have my reasons for not trusting them and seeing them as being perverse and abnormal.

I am not going to go into any of it on a message board.

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
Why aren't the heterosexual indoctrinations of "Cinderella" and "Sleeping Beauty" turning the gay kids straight? ):
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies