Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 09:45 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
snopes?
No wonder I couldn't find it on scopes! Snopes. Thanks-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 09:54 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
No wonder I couldn't find it on snopes! Thanks-
Given there is no legitimate source for this thread, I'm sure it will be debunked soon enough.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:55 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Given there is no legitimate source for this thread, I'm sure it will be debunked soon enough.
snopes probably won't get it until it becomes a forwarded email.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:59 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,215,139 times
Thanks, Sagran.

And there must be more to the story, if it is a story. Maybe fifty cars each week clogging the streets and causing issues with emergency vehicle access or something.

My neighbor has bible study in her house every Wed. and there is no prob. I've even offered my driveway, although I don't share her beliefs.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:01 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Please explain: What capitalists have killed millions?

Or are you referring to our nations right to defend itself, which is the Number 1 reason for having a Federal government, according to the Constitution.

Oh, yeah...silly me...Iraq didn't attack us. How could I forget? But, wait, neither did Afghanistan. Oh, I'm so confused!

But Muslim terrorists did. And they don't call any single country "home".

So, I guess we should have just shrugged if off as an isolated incident, huh? yeah, that would make a lot of sense, wouldn't it?

Tell me: Just where do you stand on national defense?

This is the problem with Obama; he thinks like you and a few others on this Forum. We're in serious trouble, and I sincerely believe that it is only a matter of a short time before we are attacked again. Only this time we don't have a "George W. Bush" in the White House to make the tough calls. We have a pansy arsed effeminate lover of all our enemies, who thinks that if we're "nice", they won't attack us.

This man we currently call "president" has no understanding whatsoever about radical Islam (though having been raised as a Muslim, he should). Thus, Obama is the most dangerous president this country has ever elected. This man never should have been allowed to set foot in the Oval office. He is nothing less than an absolute unmitigated idiot.
Sidestepping your disconnected, self-serving hysteriafest, capitalists have killed millions around the world and will continue to kill in quest of money. I know you and the other poster are thinking of Mao, Pol Pot, Stalin, the Bolshies, Fidel. They wiped out everyone who was their opposition and then some, duh of course. If Cuba hadnt been exploited for centuries by capitalists the need for a Fidel to protect the people wouldnt have arisen. Same with Russia; China and Cambodia are slightly different stories. In any case all of them were killing directly to establish a state. Capitalism's killings are a side effect of acquisition and exploitation which will continue as long as greed is on the earth. It doesnt stop. See vulture funds, disaster capitalism and so on for present day effects and any history of imperialism for earlier examples.

Understand, or not?

Old 05-24-2009, 09:07 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,640,781 times
Quote:

Or are you referring to our nations right to defend itself, which is the Number 1 reason for having a Federal government, according to the Constitution.

Oh, yeah...silly me...Iraq didn't attack us. How could I forget? But, wait, neither did Afghanistan. Oh, I'm so confused!

So, I guess we should have just shrugged if off as an isolated incident, huh? yeah, that would make a lot of sense, wouldn't it?

This is the problem with Obama; he thinks like you and a few others on this Forum. We're in serious trouble, and I sincerely believe that it is only a matter of a short time before we are attacked again. Only this time we don't have a "George W. Bush" in the White House to make the tough calls. We have a pansy arsed effeminate lover of all our enemies, who thinks that if we're "nice", they won't attack us.

This man we currently call "president" has no understanding whatsoever about radical Islam (though having been raised as a Muslim, he should). Thus, Obama is the most dangerous president this country has ever elected. This man never should have been allowed to set foot in the Oval office. He is nothing less than an absolute unmitigated idiot.

Could not have said it better.

-- From a self-serving, hysterical capitalist.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:24 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Can't see where a bible study group is any different from a book club.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:25 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:

This is the problem with Obama; he thinks like you and a few others on this Forum. We're in serious trouble, and I sincerely believe that it is only a matter of a short time before we are attacked again.
Only this time we don't have a "George W. Bush" in the White House to make the tough calls. We have a pansy arsed effeminate lover of all our enemies, who thinks that if we're "nice", they won't attack us.

This man we currently call "president" has no understanding whatsoever about radical Islam (though having been raised as a Muslim, he should). Thus, Obama is the most dangerous president this country has ever elected.
This man never should have been allowed to set foot in the Oval office. He is nothing less than an absolute unmitigated idiot.
Well said!
And to add Clinton did pretty much ignore them when they attacked us on our soil and look where that led our country!

Old 05-24-2009, 09:26 AM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Can't see where a bible study group is any different from a book club.
It isn't or a pampered chef party, or a tupperware party even they are both businesses that people run our of their homes everywhere!

Old 05-24-2009, 09:53 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
Could not have said it better.

-- From a self-serving, hysterical capitalist.
typical; lunging so deeply for some, any, emotional vindication that didnt notice the other poster tacked off onto some other side topic, and is becalmed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies