Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 03:41 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Wow. More hypocritical comments coming from Mr. "Pro life".

Go figure. You would wish death upon people just because they might think being communist is better?
Yes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 03:42 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,444,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
They should contact the ACLU...it has helped many christians protect their rights.
Oh I dont know about that? They should be in their corner but I just dont know.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:44 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Oh I dont know about that? They should be in their corner but I just dont know.
Maybe someone could find out for you!

The ACLU Fights for Christians

Old 05-23-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
The correct answer to all of those questions would have been...."None of your damn business".
Got that straight!

Old 05-23-2009, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Well ... If the gays are holding a homosexual rally in someone's home and and some county officials demand that they obtain a permit, then you'd bet this would be pastored all on the news.
Yes it would!

Old 05-23-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
This is an outrage, and in my former (adopted) home town of San Diego, no less!

There are many types of organizations that meet in peoples homes, often the same one on a weekly basis, week after week, after week. I remember a weekly meeting I once attended in San Diego, in the rather "ritzy" neighborhood around the Presidio (I forget the name of that neighborhood). We were there to take a taped course of study, and it was not a short course. We met like that for several months.

Other people have other kinds of meetings in homes.

When the government steps in to regulate activities in our homes, it is definitely out of control, and out of bounds.

Cases such as this one are typically handled without charge by the many watchdog type lawfirms, and it usually only takes the threat of a lawsuite to bring a city, or school board, or what have you, into compliance with the law. Thus, once the attorney files his demand letter, it will probably be the end of it.

However, this shows just how far liberals will go to silence Christians, and force them even out of their homes, so it seems. Very disturbing, indeed.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:55 PM

136 posts, read 378,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Whether it's a bible study or a satanists study, it's no business of the gov't to stick their nose into their private homes. Let the people get together and do their thing. Go'vt needs to back off! WTF is happening to our country?
thats your opinion and you are welcome to it but disobeying the fire laws by packing a private house full of people certainly is their business. what if there were a fire and many of those people hurt or killed who would be on the hot seat then? not the victims, the gov't thats who. and all the hypocrites would be the 1st to rail about the gov't not enforcing the fire code so religion has nothing to do with this, it could be a tupperware party. we don't have different fire laws for bible thumpers or tupperware parties, either you have the proper permits or you don't simple as that. whats happening in our country is that no one gets involved until it happens to them and then they scream and yell about the government. maybe you should go to a few city meetings or go to city hall and learn the rules. thats the other thing happening in this country is that no one can read anymore. you are the government, i am the government, we are the government, not them, they or whoever, you! me! us! you have a point make it, go to the appeal or hearing and give your opinion or be informed as to why, don't cry about the government, maybe thats whats wrong, not enough leadership and too many crybabies blaming everyone else.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:00 PM

18,356 posts, read 26,489,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Wow. More hypocritical comments coming from Mr. "Pro life".

Go figure. You would wish death upon people just because they might think being communist is better?
Communists have killed millions in just the last century. Why is it shocking many wish death on communists?

Old 05-23-2009, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Funny, I've been looking but I can't find any other reference to this other than the WND. No names of the pastor and his wife, no second source, no specifics except what Dean Broyles told WND. I'll reserve judgement until more information is available.
Absurd Absurdity « Dr Jim West

Expose The Media » County Demands Christians Obtain $10,000 Permit To Have Bible Study In Their Homes (http://www.exposethemedia.com/?p=5846 - broken link)

Blue Collar Philosophy (http://whyimnotademocrat.blogspot.com/ - broken link)

A letter to San Diego County officials being drafted by the Western Center for Law & Policy to rescind the permit request should be completed and available within a couple of days, Zahn said.
LA Church & State Examiner: San Diego official says home bible study needs permit

Old 05-23-2009, 04:06 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Communists have killed millions in just the last century. Why is it shocking many wish death on communists?
Should the descendants of the capitalists who killed millions die as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies