Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2009, 04:09 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboy2454 View Post
thats your opinion and you are welcome to it but disobeying the fire laws by packing a private house full of people certainly is their business. what if there were a fire and many of those people hurt or killed who would be on the hot seat then? not the victims, the gov't thats who. and all the hypocrites would be the 1st to rail about the gov't not enforcing the fire code so religion has nothing to do with this, it could be a tupperware party. we don't have different fire laws for bible thumpers or tupperware parties, either you have the proper permits or you don't simple as that.
whats happening in our country is that no one gets involved until it happens to them and then they scream and yell about the government. maybe you should go to a few city meetings or go to city hall and learn the rules.
thats the other thing happening in this country is that no one can read anymore. you are the government, i am the government, we are the government, not them, they or whoever, you! me! us! you have a point make it, go to the appeal or hearing and give your opinion or be informed as to why, don't cry about the government, maybe thats whats wrong, not enough leadership and too many crybabies blaming everyone else.
Well than by your logic that nobody can have New Years Eve's, Birthday, Graduation, Dinner get together for mourners after funerals, Huge dinner parties, Pool parties, HOA meetings, Jewelery parties, Pampered Chef, etc.
Now wouldn't that be stupid if we could not have get togethers in our own homes for these things!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 04:10 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Absurd Absurdity « Dr Jim West

Expose The Media » County Demands Christians Obtain $10,000 Permit To Have Bible Study In Their Homes (http://www.exposethemedia.com/?p=5846 - broken link)

Blue Collar Philosophy (http://whyimnotademocrat.blogspot.com/ - broken link)

A letter to San Diego County officials being drafted by the Western Center for Law & Policy to rescind the permit request should be completed and available within a couple of days, Zahn said.
LA Church & State Examiner: San Diego official says home bible study needs permit
You're kidding, right? Are those suppose to be additional sources? They aren't. They all use the very same WND article as their only source. That means they aren't sources at all.

Sorry, try again.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
You're kidding, right? Are those suppose to be additional sources? They aren't. They all use the very same WND article as their only source. That means they aren't sources at all.

Sorry, try again.
Said they could not find anything on it! Cannot help if you dont like the source.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:14 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Well than by your logic that nobody can have New Years Eve's, Birthday, Graduation, Dinner get together for mourners after funerals, Huge dinner parties, Pool parties, HOA meetings, Jewelery parties, Pampered Chef, etc.
Now wouldn't that be stupid if we could not have get togethers in our own homes for these things!
you're presuming that what your linked article says on its face is true, that the goal of the county officials was to infringe upon these people's 1st Amendment rights, and not recognizing that the reality most likely is that they're violating parking ordinances or whatever the facts are.

You're arguing in...vapor. You're wasting your time.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:14 PM

2,538 posts, read 3,876,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Parking might be it. In some neighborhoods there are regulations about running businesses etc out of your home for that very reason. While not a business the parking issue is the same. People expect occasional gatherings in their neighborhood but it may be the regularity of it that caused neighbors to complain. You don't think someone just randomly showed up to harass Christians now do you? Haha.

No, that's not true. Think about it.
I don't want the government telling me what kind of discussions or people I may have in my home, do you? I am an atheist but I believe these people have every right to have bible study if they choose, just as I can have a right to have a "laugh at the bible" study night. It's a beautiful thing!

Old 05-23-2009, 04:15 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,495,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Should the descendants of the capitalists who killed millions die as well?
Which capitalists did that?

And we're not talking descendants either but communists...as a rule of thumb one shouldn't hold people's crimes against their children, unless the children were involved.

Old 05-23-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I don't want the government telling me what kind of discussions or people I may have in my home, do you? I am an atheist but I believe these people have every right to have bible study if they choose, just as I can have a right to have a "laugh at the bible" study night. It's a beautiful thing!

Old 05-23-2009, 04:19 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:
Said they could not find anything on it! Cannot help if you dont like the source.
You weren't kidding, you don't understand what a second source is, do you?

Old 05-23-2009, 04:19 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
Which capitalists did that?

And we're not talking descendants either but communists...as a rule of thumb one shouldn't hold people's crimes against their children, unless the children were involved.
Oh, you mean communists today are killing millions? I gave you the benefit of the doubt on that but you didnt pick it up it seems.

"Which capitalists did that", are you KIDDING!!!!!!

Old 05-23-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
You weren't kidding, you don't understand what a second source is, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies