Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 05:53 PM

18,358 posts, read 26,489,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
No you threw your vote away. Ron Paul obtained less than 1% of the vote. That even fails to even make a statement.....That's not even in protest vote range....LOL
So you voted for someone who's trampling on the Constitution and civil rights and expanding it beyond even Bush...who really threw their vote away? That's like saying someone who voted against Hitler in 1932 threw their vote away...

Ron paul had a chance during the primaries. People chose to listen to the BS on TV and go for mccrap and obomination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2009, 05:58 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,975,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
So you voted for someone who's trampling on the Constitution and civil rights and expanding it beyond even Bush...who really threw their vote away?

Ron paul had a chance during the primaries. People chose to listen to the BS on TV and go for mccrap and obomination.
To answer your question it is you that threw your vote away. Nobody cares about you Libertarian Party kooks. Ralph Nadar got more votes than the Libertarians and Constitution Party COMBINED! Your vote totals are a joke and meaningless. I chose between mediocre and friggin terrible and mediocre came out on top...Thank God!

Old 05-23-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
To answer your question it is you that threw your vote away. Nobody cares about you Libertarian Party kooks. Ralph Nadar got more votes than the Libertarians and Constitution Party COMBINED! Your vote totals are a joke and meaningless. I chose between mediocre and friggin terrible and mediocre came out on top...Thank God!
You laugh as you celebrate your chains you chose...hopelessly stuck in the two party brainwashing. It is because of fools voting for evil (the lesser of two evils is still evil) that no one good is elected. If everyone who hates the two big parties voted for a good candidate instead of saying it's throwing votes away...someone good would be elected. Maybe my guy "lost" but I didn't vote for evil.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:04 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
What a fiasco! You can be held indefinitely by the US Government with no charges being filed against you......Just like they do in 3rd World Dictatorships!

Only a President with no respect for the Constitution and Rule of Law would claim this power.

Glenn Greenwald - Salon.com

"The New Yorker's Amy Davidson compares Obama's detention proposal to the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II (as did Professor Amann, quoted above). Hilzoy, of The Washington Monthly, writes: "If we don't have enough evidence to charge someone with a crime, we don't have enough evidence to hold them. Period" and "the power to detain people without filing criminal charges against them is a dictatorial power." Salon's Joan Walsh quotes the Center for Constitutional Rights' Vincent Warren as saying: "They’re creating, essentially, an American Gulag." The Philadelphia Inquirer's Will Bunch says of Obama's proposal: "What he's proposing is against one of this country's core principles" and "this is why people need to keep the pressure on Obama -- even those inclined to view his presidency favorably."

Rachel Maddow explains it well...
YouTube - Rachel Maddow: Indefinite detention? Shame on you... President Obama

One more time.

Terrorist have NOTHING to do with our constitution.

Damn people, they are terrorist, and they do not have the same rights as you and I.

Stop wanting to give the same damn people who have killed 7,000 Americans right at all.

Cheney just outsmarted Fidel Obama and forced him to do something.

Why didnt he just ask Cheney what to do?

Padcrasher, how about you taking those terrorist into your home like a foster parent? Since liberals seem to love the terrorist so much.

Do the libs need to be reminded what these people killed 3,000 of our fellow citizens on 9-11?

Do you people even know that once they are released they go back to plotting to kill more of us.

Amazing how stupid people can be.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:10 PM

Rachael Maddox is a babbling idiot who is another Keith Oberman on steriods.
( Oberman is the one who peed his pants on his own set, a grown man who wet himself is pretty darn bad! )

She is a trouble making hypocrite who needs to just shut the heck up.

For her to believe foreign criminals have rights under our constitution tells me what all liberals believe in.

So when Obama replaces one of our justices with a left wing loon who believes in foreign law in our country then we all need to do something about these people and get them the heck out of office as fast as you can.

People had better wake up, left wing non religious loons are NOT GOOD for America.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:12 PM

Just say what you really mean.

You want the Executive Branch to ignore our Laws and Court rulings granting "suspected terrorists" certain rights. The "terrorists" as you call them can be tortured and held forever without trial when some Government official says they can.

This is about as unAmerican as you can get. A scared whiney little right wing cry baby who wants to do away with our laws if some some big tough guy in Government says it will make him safe....LOL

Sorry guy...you are not going to sell this Country out because a handful of suspected terrorists make you wet the bed at night.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:13 PM

Jan 20, 2009. Obama has had control and he has forced them poor criminal to be confined when he had total power to release them and has not?

Guess he believes in the same thing Bush did.

So why has Obama not released these people?

Or maybe he can give them a penthouse on the beach in Florida.

Since Liberals and Obama seem to think they are victims, lets give them whatever they want.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Just say what you really mean.

You want the Executive Branch to ignore our Laws and Court rulings granting "suspected terrorists" certain rights. The "terrorists" as you call them can be tortured and held forever without trial when some Government official says they can.

This is about as unAmerican as you can get. A scared whiney little right wing cry baby who wants to do away with our laws if som some big tough guy in Government says it will make him safe....LOL

Sorry guy...you are not going to sell this Country out because a handful of suspected terrorists make you wet the bed at night.

How do you now I am white?

Who has been tortured? If you mean waterboarded that is not torture according the the same laws you are using.

And, only 3 have been waterboarded and all three of them are criminals and terrorist.

I am not a guy I am a girl for your info and suspected my a--.

Why dont you just say what you mean. LIBERALS LOVE ANYONE WHO HATES AMERICA!

Old 05-23-2009, 06:16 PM

Our founding fathers believed all men have equal rights. In this case that means the right not to be tortured, held without charges, etc.

Old 05-23-2009, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
How do you now I am white?

Who has been tortured? If you mean waterboarded that is not torture according the the same laws you are using.

And, only 3 have been waterboarded and all three of them are criminals and terrorist.

I am not a guy I am a girl for your info and suspected my a--.

Why dont you just say what you mean. LIBERALS LOVE ANYONE WHO HATES AMERICA!
And your nuts too...you think you read where I said you were white AND male......LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies