Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2009, 10:11 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
Indonesian agents perhaps not, but if cultivated Lebanese and Egyptian agents certainly would. Also Iran's leadership is radical, but its people are historically moderate. It is a place where imho the carrot approach with developmental aid through moderate, secular means could do wonders.

Lebanon is controlled by Syria I am sure they are just can't wait to help us. As I said Egypt can barely handle its internal problems much less help us.

Who cares if the Iranian people are moderate they are not developing the weapons or stopping their governement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 10:14 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
You just don't know what you are talking about Turkey has been a big problem for us in Iraq because of the Kurds. Turkey won't allow us in their air space. Egypt is up to its ears in fighting off the muslim brotherhood, Mubarick can't risk helping us.

The Philipines has a huge islamist problem. Idonesia's Islamic problem has been resolved due to more mundane internal political issues not because of anything we have done.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/25/wo...indonesia.html
Indonesia's Islamic problem has been solve by a result of our inaction rather then our action. Once we stopped backing Suharto, who was complicit with radical Islam, it started to resolve itself the fact that we gave cautious support to secular parties including promises of foreign aid upon election also helped. As to the Philipinnes the have only a minor one on a few southern Islands nothing compared to anything in the Middle East, Central Asia, Columbia (with marxists) or even Indonesia during its hayday.

As to Egypt they have helped us with negotiations with Palestine as well as with Iraq. Turkey has its own problems, but one cannot blame them. Bush in his stupidity destabilized their southern boarder. When a country has problems keeping its own house in order, as Israel has had since its inception btw, it is not much use to its allies. That is just the way it is.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
No all I am saying is rather then wasting your posts on talking about anti-semitism, you should instead focus on benefits the US gets out of its investments as that is more germane to the argument. Such arguments can and certainly can be made, but you are not making them. I am open to pretty much any idea, but you have to give me more concrete evidence. I have seen maybe 3-4 posts on this end compared to a score or so about anti-semetism as a logic for giving money to Israel.
Read the therad I have given a number of reasons why we need Israel. But by the same token I will not allow anti semitism, racism or any other type of bullying go uncommented on. Please show me anywhere that I even came remotley close to saying we should support Israel because of anti semitism. You can't because they simply don't exist.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:16 PM

142 posts, read 221,953 times
Shore let me ask you this, do you know the war crimes Israel has commited?

Some Not So Cool Facts about Israel
  • Israel is the size of New Jersy.
  • Israel was established on the ruins of another country, Palestine; in which Israel destroyed.
  • Israel has the most U.N. Condemnations - More than 500
  • Israel has killed more civilians than any country per capita - More than 50,000
  • Israel has imprisoned more people than any other country per capita - More than 250,000
  • Israel has made more civilians handicap than any other country per captia - More than 50,000
  • Israel has injured more civilians than any other country per capita - More than 200,000
  • Israel holds the record of cities and towns she ethnically cleansed - More than 500
  • Israel is the only country that uproots trees as a collective punishment
  • Israel is the only country on earth that targets civilian infrastructure and justifies it.
  • Israel is the only country that has legalized assasination
  • Israel uses human shields
  • Israel is the only country that has legalized torture
  • Israel is the only country that builds illegal settlements on occupied lands
  • Israel is the only country that jails political activists without trail
  • According to the book of guiness world records, Israel has the highest amount of checkpoints
  • Also according to the book of guiness world records, Israel holds the world record in the number of days of curfew on Palestinians
  • Israel is the only country that allows patients to die due to checkpoints, refusing them access to hospitals
  • The same checkpoints stop many events and prevent people from going to school
  • Israel is one of only two countries that defy international law by using cluster bombs and depleted uranium bombs
  • There are more Israelis refusing to join the army than any other country
  • Israel has the most U.S. protective votes - More than 100
  • Israel holds the world record in the amount of refugees deported - More than 4 million
  • Israel is the only country that occupies another country and parts of 2 others
  • Israel is the only country that publicly steals water from its' neighbors
  • Israel is the only country that has legalized home demolition as a form of collective punishment
  • Israel holds the record in the amount of homes demolished - More than 60,000
  • Only 2 countries defend Israels polocies... the United States and Micronesia
  • Israel is the only country that has a political party that advocates the ethnic cleansing of the natives
  • Israel has memorials dedicated to terrorists
  • Israel has openly bombed U.N. buildings
  • Israel has openly bombed schools
  • Israel has openly bombed hospitals
  • Israel has openly bombed tv stations
  • Israel has openly bombed civilians during war
  • Israel has openly bombed food/medical/etc aid
  • Israel has openly refused to allow aid to palestine
  • Israel imprisons kids for political reasons
  • Israelis livin in stolen homes
  • Israel has murderd peace activists
  • Israel has cities exclusively for one ethnic group (Jews only)
  • Israel has many racist laws discriminating against the native citizens
  • Israel has developed bullets that target the eye
  • Israel has developed a greande which releases a gas to kill infants in abortions
  • Israel is the only country that denies the return of refugees
  • Israel is very rich, yet recieves billions in aid
  • Israel was the first country in the middle east to have nuclear weapons, yet refuses to sign the nuclear non-proliferation act
  • After East Germany, Israel is the only country to build a wall to segregate people
  • Israel is only one of two countries that has established an arpatheid regime
  • Israel has Iron gates on roads
  • Israel has turned cities into jails
  • Israel has Arpatheid walls
Etc. Etc.

Gods country? No.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
I've posted this elsewhere, but...

The US clearly wants a toehold in the middle east and it can boss Israel around. No other middle eastern country is going to let the US do that to them. That's why we keep giving Israel money, the U.S. believes it's in their own best interest.
Perhaps you did not hear Ariel Sharon " We control America" I don't think anyone believes besides you that we can boss Israel around.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:18 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,142,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinthians127 View Post
Zionists are attempting to hijack Christianity.

Facts:
Jews do not believe Jesus is God, Christians do.
Jews do not care for Jesus, in the Talmud (so I have read, I have not read the Talmud but parts of it) the say Jesus is burning in Hell. (Can anyone confirm that?)
Jews do not believe in Hell.
Jews do not believe Mary was a virgin.

There are many differences between Christianity and Judaism.
I can confirm that the jewish religion DOES NOT believe in the existence of hell.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:19 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancet71 View Post
I can confirm that the jewish religion DOES NOT believe in the existence of hell.
Now that we have that settled???

Old 05-25-2009, 10:21 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,785 times
Quote:
Are you kidding there are tons of Middle Eastern countries that will let the US do that the big one is our NATO ally Turkey. Others are Baharan, Qatar, Kuwait (they owe us big time and believe me they know it) and to a lesser extent the UAE. Plenty of countries and they let us base troops there to boot something Israel would not let us do.
ok, I'm guessing you mean Bahrain and not Baharan, which is a city in Iran?

First off all, the countries you just named, other than Turkey, are all no bigger than Delaware, and we could probably fit all of the countries into the state of Virginina.

Secondly, Turkey is not really in the Middle East or in Europe, it's like the state of Maryland which isn't really north, but it's not south, either. Turkey is considered a mix of Europe and the Middle East. If you ask Europeans, they'll say it's too much like the Middle East and if you ask the Middle East, they'll say it's too much like Europe. It's the red-headed stepchild of Eurasia.

Finally, there's some common sense that should be applied here. Which country has more in common with us demographically? Israel. Which has more people in THIS country campaigning for the another country. Israel. What was the country that we gave to a culture who did not have a home, and who depend on us heavily for financial aid to stay afloat. Israel.

Now you're telling me that the U.S would have as much power and presence in the countries you've named as much or more than Israel? That's bs.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,391,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lebanon is controlled by Syria I am sure they are just can't wait to help us. As I said Egypt can barely handle its internal problems much less help us.

Who cares if the Iranian people are moderate they are not developing the weapons or stopping their governement.
Lebanon is not controlled by Syria. There is a power struggle there as to who will control it. Chances are Syria, due to Rice and Bush's inept bungling. However it is still very much contested. (Anti-Syrian parties run the government)

As to Iran when will y'all neo-cons learn that wars create more problems then they solve. Only fools wage pre-emptive war Iran getting nuclear weapons is a problem, but threats will only make them more motivated to build them. Ahmadinajad is unpopular because his economic policies failed dismally. Iran is not a monolithic state like North Korea it is politically divided and expoliting that is a far better way to stop any weapons programs they may have then a spontanious Israeli attack that Iran is btw most certainly expecting and prepaired for. They are not idiots.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Indonesia's Islamic problem has been solve by a result of our inaction rather then our action. Once we stopped backing Suharto, who was complicit with radical Islam, it started to resolve itself the fact that we gave cautious support to secular parties including promises of foreign aid upon election also helped. As to the Philipinnes the have only a minor one on a few southern Islands nothing compared to anything in the Middle East, Central Asia, Columbia (with marxists) or even Indonesia during its hayday.

Suharto lost election in 1998. I am pretty sure there were ither factors in play.

Are you implying that inaction with Israel (cutting them off) would reduce the islamic problem in the mid east. On that you are right. If we turned Israel over to the neighboring countries they would be able to finish it off pretty quickly, and kick all the Palestinians out of their countries into Israel. That is ultimately what the terrorists want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies