Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 07:19 PM

1,653 posts, read 4,296,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
unless they are doctors, they sure as hell didn't major in finance.
Exactly! I can understand a surgeon having student loans in their 40's. But a little 7 yr JD degree? Please! He was a millionaire and had a wife making 500K+ a year!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Apparently, one does not have to be a 'tard to take 18 or more years to pay back a college loan.
Well, as I said earlier, being he was black and supposedly brilliant and supposedly raised by a single Mom, I am thinking he should have gotten a full scholarship.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:26 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,562,391 times
I'd like to say something: just because someone was raised perhaps "better" than others does NOT mean that they do not understand or care about those who have less. Sorry, I was raised in a pretty good family financially wise, not rich not poor but good. Guess what? I understand what it's like for others out there who don't have money because at this point, I don't have money.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I'd like to say something: just because someone was raised perhaps "better" than others does NOT mean that they do not understand or care about those who have less. Sorry, I was raised in a pretty good family financially wise, not rich not poor but good. Guess what? I understand what it's like for others out there who don't have money because at this point, I don't have money.
You are right about that. But remember Obama liked to claim he was raised by a single Mom and was on food stamps. So he wasn't acting like he was from an upper middle class. He wanted people to believe he was raised poor.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:39 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Well, as I said earlier, being he was black and supposedly brilliant and supposedly raised by a single Mom, I am thinking he should have gotten a full scholarship.
Well, he didn't. He had loans, just like I did. When he arranged the terms of the loans he was not rich or famous and did not know he would be. I don't know what his repayment period was, but it is totally possible it was 20 years. If so, he paid off his loans early, for which he should be congratulated.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Well, he didn't. He had loans, just like I did. When he arranged the terms of the loans he was not rich or famous and did not know he would be. I don't know what his repayment period was, but it is totally possible it was 20 years. If so, he paid off his loans early, for which he should be congratulated.
Well, go ahead and believe the had loans. I tend to think he had a source of funding. Why else would he have had his records sealed? The media was all over McCains and Palins school records, loans,etc. We saw all of theirs, but for some reason Obama's were sealed.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:03 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,397 times
Quote:
Well, go ahead and believe the had loans. I tend to think he had a source of funding. Why else would he have had his records sealed? The media was all over McCains and Palins school records, loans,etc. We saw all of theirs, but for some reason Obama's were sealed.
Michelle Obama: Barack's Book Sales Paid Off Our Student Loans - Presidential Politics | Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/elections/2008/04/09/michelle-obama-baracks-book-sales-paid-off-our-student-loans/ - broken link)

Fox News believed he had student loans.

You "tend to think he had a source of funding." How about finding some verifiable documentation to support that allegation.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Well, go ahead and believe the had loans. I tend to think he had a source of funding.
Ah, loans are a source of funding.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:23 PM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
Why does anyone care about his student loans? Seriously people, you just think he lies about everything. You would probably open a thread to bash him for lying if he said he had oatmeal for breakfast (ie: "he probably eats steak with caviar because his grandmother was a millionaire! He's just trying to make us think he's like us!!").

What a bunch of goons.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Why does anyone care about his student loans? Seriously people, you just think he lies about everything. You would probably open a thread to bash him for lying if he said he had oatmeal for breakfast (ie: "he probably eats steak with caviar because his grandmother was a millionaire! He's just trying to make us think he's like us!!").

What a bunch of goons.
Apparently you haven't come across the numerous threads bashing his "man boobs", the fact that he doesn't wear a suit jacket to the oval office (GASP!!!), he drank a beer at a basketball game (what the hell is he doing out of the cage that is the white house???), he asked for a spicy mustard on his burger (what an ELITIST!!!!), he uses a teleprompter (................), his wife Michelle has better arms than most women in the U.S. (she looks like a MAN!!!!!), the garden they're growing (like they're using this for anything other than a photo op), etc. etc. etc. Oh it's joyous fun to re-read those threads. When you have a couple years, go back & take a look. I'm SURE your political allegiance will be swayed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies