Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 04:00 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times

Advertisements

Whether Hitler professed himself to be a Christian or Catholic does not matter, his actions and deeds betray his lack of Christianity. No true Christian would have ever committed the atrocities that this man committed. Anyone with a basic knowledge of the Bible would know that the Jews are God's chosen people so his actions were in no way Biblical. Not everyone who professes to be a Christian is a true Christian because words are meaningless. It's the fruit of their actions that tell you where a person's heart lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 04:04 PM

142 posts, read 221,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Whether Hitler professed himself to be a Christian or Catholic does not matter, his actions and deeds betray his lack of Christianity. No true Christian would have ever committed the atrocities that this man committed. Anyone with a basic knowledge of the Bible would know that the Jews are God's chosen people so his actions were in no way Biblical. Not everyone who professes to be a Christian is a true Christian because words are meaningless. It's the fruit of their actions that tell you where a person's heart lies.
Um, what? If that is true that means Christians are following a false god. Christians and Jews do not believe in the same God. Jews hate Jesus.

But it is true, no Christian would ever do the things Hitler did. "Thou shalt not kill."

Old 05-25-2009, 04:09 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,012,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinthians127 View Post
Um, what? If that is true that means Christians are following a false god. Christians and Jews do not believe in the same God. Jews hate Jesus.

But it is true, no Christian would ever do the things Hitler did. "Thou shalt not kill."
The Jews don't hate Jesus, they don't believe that He is the promised Messiah. The Jews have always been God's chosen people and when they rejected His message, the message was preached to the gentiles who accepted Jesus' work on the cross.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:12 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Jews hate Jesus.
Where do you get this stuff? Jews typically recognize Jesus as an important historical figure, just not the messiah.

Quote:
And yet, Christians have done so through the ages. I suggest you read American Holocaust to learn about the impact that the arrival of Christianity to the New Word had on indigenous people.
Amazon.com: American Holocaust: The Conquest of the New World: David E. Stannard: Books

Quote:
Seriously, these arguements atheists are giving themselves are jokes.
You mistakenly assume that everyone who takes issue with Christianity is an atheist. Not true.

And you should think about your own unsubstantiated posts (e.g., "Jews hate Jesus" for just one example) before throwing stones.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:16 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:

Jesus is considered by the Jews as a great rabbi, but not the Messiah. he is not hated in the least.

Where did you ever get such a screwy notion?

Old 05-25-2009, 04:16 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,186,006 times
Quote:
No true Christian ..
::giggles::

Old 05-25-2009, 04:18 PM

142 posts, read 221,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Where do you get this stuff? Jews typically recognize Jesus as an important historical figure, just not the messiah.

And yet, Christians have done so through the ages. I suggest you read American Holocaust to learn about the impact that the arrival of Christianity to the New Word had on indigenous people.
Amazon.com: American Holocaust: The Conquest of the New World: David E. Stannard: Books

You mistakenly assume that everyone who takes issue with Christianity is an atheist. Not true.

And you should think about your own unsubstantiated posts (e.g., "Jews hate Jesus" for just one example) before throwing stones.
I will admit, I do not know much about Jews, which is why I have been looking into it because I believed Jews were Christians but it turns out they do not believe in God (Jesus). But from what I have read so far, the Jews in the Bible and the Jews of today are to different people.

I know all about the genocide of the natives (I am part native American) and the attempts to bring Christianity to the new world. Which they went about the wrong way. Europeans did not come to the new world to spread the word of God but they came for land, gold, slaves (yes Natives were slaves in America by whites before Blacks) etc.

Please do not assume that I assume anyone anti-Christian is Atheist.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:21 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Please do not assume that I assume anyone anti-Christian is Atheist.
Hmmm...

Quote:

Old 05-25-2009, 04:21 PM

37,164 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Interesting, thanks. But that is a very biased site that will distort facts and be one sided.

I find it funny how they are saying Christmas is an indication that Nazi Germany was Christian. Christmas has been hijacked, for a while now. Not to mention, Santa? Santa is based on pagan beliefs... not Christian.

Most of the support from a few Christian churches was before the Holocaust was even known and before WWII even started.

The site is clearly biased. Wow, it has a german soldier having a funeral. Christians must be behind Nazi Germany! Uh oh, some Nazis attended church, Christians must have a secret plot to kill all the Jews... (sarcasm)

Don't forget, Catholics do not speak for all Christians, only Catholics. Many Christians broke off from the Catholic church a long time ago.

Do I need to point out all of the other beleifs Hitler had? For example, his pagan beleifs, his atheist beleifs, etc etc?

Zedong, Stalin, etc made the holocaust look like a joke. The holocaust made the Crusades (not a Christian war) look like a joke.

These photographs are very simply historical records. Believe what you will.

You are like Thomas and will not believe unless you put your hands in the holes where the nails were, regardless of any evidence presented.

I quit.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:48 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,307,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Seems to me these people are the epitome of hatred and intolerance....they wish to subvert our constitution and way of life....and replace it with their version of government; forming a theocracy like in countries like Iran. Fanatical religion is what emboldens the terrorists to try and destroy us.....and that same element is working within our country, to destroy our constitution, just under a different name.

Name one piece of legislation introduced in the last 25 years that fits this description. Site the Bill number.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies