Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:51 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,312,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Because they are homosexuals!
NO! They are pedophiles.

Geez, ignorance abounds....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 09:04 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,441,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA
Seems to me these people are the epitome of hatred and intolerance....they wish to subvert our constitution and way of life....and replace it with their version of government; forming a theocracy like in countries like Iran. Fanatical religion is what emboldens the terrorists to try and destroy us.....and that same element is working within our country, to destroy our constitution, just under a different name

Name one piece of legislation introduced in the last 25 years that fits this description. Site the Bill number.

I'm still waiting.
Remember to hold your breath! D.O.M.A.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:17 AM

37,566 posts, read 21,766,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITTSTON2SARASOTA View Post
Seems to me these people are the epitome of hatred and intolerance....they wish to subvert our constitution and way of life....and replace it with their version of government; forming a theocracy like in countries like Iran. Fanatical religion is what emboldens the terrorists to try and destroy us.....and that same element is working within our country, to destroy our constitution, just under a different name.
You should just rename this thread to:

"THE FANATICAL STRAW MAN AGENDA"

The only thing I have seen from the "fanatical" Christian groups is there continued and predictable opposition to abortion on demand, and gay marriage, and the government using their tax dollars to fund and promote both.

The problem with assuming that it is fanatical religious groups supporting the above, is that even people who are not religious, or are either agnostic, or atheist, oppose all the above also.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:19 AM

4,183 posts, read 6,501,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
No, you should take that as me not debating with someone who has no interest whatsoever in the true merits of Chritianity. Your mind is made up, so what's the point?

Instead of basing your premise on scholarly, historical knowledge of the Bible, you instead source a website that is "fantically" anti-Christian. There is no debating with your types. I simply refuse to get into an argument that is undoubtedly over your head.

When you make a knowledgeable attempt to understand the Bible, come back and we'll talk.

The quotes from the Bible I gave you speak for themselves. Doesn't matter if the quotes were sourced from a pro-Christian or anti-Christian website. The quotes themselves were taken verbatim from the Bible. I could pick the quotes from a pro-Christian website, and it won't make a whit of difference. So you can pick your Bible and get right into the quotes, and they all say the same thing: God approved of the pillage, rape, and murder of men, women, and children.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:50 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,710,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
Whether Hitler professed himself to be a Christian or Catholic does not matter, his actions and deeds betray his lack of Christianity.
Exactly what I think of loud mouth Christians around. I won't say that atheists are born as such, most that I know in person (great people), have been turned off by the very same people who go about trumpeting the religion and their personal life reflects plenty of hypocrisy, intolerance, and stupidity in general.

I grew up a Christian, and still consider self to be one, but can't stand standing shoulder to shoulder with these radicals who have taken over the religion, abuse it, and are eroding its values.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:39 AM

519 posts, read 686,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
The quotes from the Bible I gave you speak for themselves. Doesn't matter if the quotes were sourced from a pro-Christian or anti-Christian website. The quotes themselves were taken verbatim from the Bible. I could pick the quotes from a pro-Christian website, and it won't make a whit of difference. So you can pick your Bible and get right into the quotes, and they all say the same thing: God approved of the pillage, rape, and murder of men, women, and children.
You make my point precisely. It is obvious that you have no clue about the Book of Judges, or Christanity, for that matter. Instead you rely on a website full of out-of-context verses. You say it's not out-of-context, but what you fail to realize is that the entire Book of Judges is a story. So any attempt to source individual versus without telling the entire story is in fact out-of-context.

Research the Book of Judges. There is a reason for the contempt that you speak of. Until then, stop the ignorance. You're embarrassing yourself.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:46 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,588,560 times
Christians, by now you should be sick of defending your disjointed group. It seems like every other sentence I read in the "Christianity Forum" is, "He's not a REAL Christian!" Talk about the gang that couldn't shoot straight. There are so many people in your group who can't seem to get it right. Instead of trying to all get on the same page, you'll create another disjointed off-shoot who claim to be the real Christians. To an outsider, it's a total joke.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:46 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,563,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Corinthians127 View Post
Atheists have started more wars and killed more people than religion. Isn't it funny how pretty much every mass murder in history has been an atheist? Zedong, Stalin, Hitler just to name a few.

Hitler was a Christian.

Adolf Hitler on Christianity: Quotes from Hitler Expressing Christian Faith and Proclaiming his Faith in Jesus as Lord, Savior, Inspiration

Stalin was schooled at an Orthodox seminary. Whether he was truly an atheist is an open question.

Religious beliefs and policies
Stalin, had a complex relationship with religious institutions in the Soviet Union.[250] While he studied at a seminary, he became a closet atheist.[251] A story that Stalin became an atheist at thirteen fails on several obvious accounts, including Stalin's remaining religious, even pious, for some years longer.[252] One account states that Stalin's reversal on bans against the church during World War II followed a sign that he believed he received from heaven

Joseph Stalin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But the fact that the "faithful" love to point to these two butchers as atheists is an indicator of how desperately they desire to distance themselves from religion's long, bloodstained past.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:20 AM

519 posts, read 686,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Christians, by now you should be sick of defending your disjointed group. It seems like every other sentence I read in the "Christianity Forum" is, "He's not a REAL Christian!" Talk about the gang that couldn't shoot straight. There are so many people in your group who can't seem to get it right. Instead of trying to all get on the same page, you'll create another disjointed off-shoot who claim to be the real Christians. To an outsider, it's a total joke.
The Bible never said that there would be a uniform message taught to the masses. In fact, the Bible very clearly states that there will be those that skew the Truth. Do you really think that "outsiders" have figured out something that God didn't? The word hypocrisy is used very loosely on this forum, but to God, it's very serious.To us Christians, it's a total joke how uninformed "outsiders" are while loosely spouting off as if they know anything about the very subject they criticize.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:26 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,710,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny B. Fury View Post
The Bible never said that there would be a uniform message taught to the masses...
It really doesn't matter what the Bible says, or more importantly the stance Jesus would have taken, as things have been twisted beyond recognition. Worse, some people simply refuse to accept realities, and take Bible and its stories at face value, even as two other Abrahamic religions (Judaism and Islam) don't support the rhetoric. Its what is fundamental to the fanatical Christian agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies