Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 03:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,810,437 times

Advertisements

Oabma has even spent anyhting on healthcare and he has tapped out teh nation for years to come.Its going to require evryone paying bar none to get there. Its the free entitlements that people want that are breaking this nation.; 50% pay no income tax which says it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 03:24 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,306 posts, read 8,651,577 times
I think we could learn alot from the Canadians, healthcare included, I worked with several Canadians over the years, and they liked thier system just fine.. The only people I've heard slam it are Americans, who say "I heard" or "I read"..
I certainly don't support the Obama plan to tax my Healthcare benifits to pay for someone else's....

Old 05-25-2009, 03:25 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I think the right option is to say, where are the game changers, the investments that we can make now that are going to reduce costs, even if they don’t reduce them this year or next year, but 10 years from now or 20 years from now, we are going to see substantially lower costs.
Tell me how in the world we are going to see substantially lower costs? Seriously, tell me how? The federal government already dictates the costs to insurance companies for procedures, they already dictate what can be done, they already dictate UCR rates, percentiles, HCFA procedures and rates, tell me how this will result in lowering costs when we have seen nothing but increased cost everytime the government changes laws and dictates actions to the private sector.

Just an FYI, I used to work for a company that processed medical claims for the state prison systems across the country, the reason why the states contracted these out to PRIVATE companies, because it saved money because the private companies are better able to negotiate rates, control costs and still give coverage mandated by the government..

I want to see a valid reason why the government thinks that taking over the health care industry costs will be cut, especially considering that the proposals are for the government to tax everyone, and then continue to outsource the managment of bills to the private sector.. The only thing different is where your bill gets paid..

Old 05-25-2009, 03:26 PM

130 posts, read 175,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
You obviously don't know anything about the Canadian healthcare system to make a statement like that.
Prove me wrong. I happen to know many people who live in Canada and none of like the system.

Many come here for health care now because of it.

The only people who like it is the typical liberal who is in line and wants something for free.

When any government runs your health care you are in trouble.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:28 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,955,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Bush did spend too much, I agree, but spending more, is simply more of the same.
0bama blamed the current crisis on bad health care decisions of the past. Which is just him braodening the current financial crisis so that the only way to bring us out of it, is to spend more money on health care. "This is a consequence of the crisis that we've seen and in fact our failure to make some good decisions on health care over the last several decades"

Every single solution 0bama has come up with involves the president creating new powers, with which he takes over control of something facet of the private sector, or spending more taxpayer money to create some new federal mandate or give-away.

At some point 0bama has to offer the private sector some motivation to get us back on track, but so far the only motivations have been "Do this or we take control of you," or the motivation is to no **** off the president for fear, if you can believe the charges, that he will have the White House press corps destroy them.

0bama's solution to lowering health care costs, will be to take it over the industry, in some way shape or form, or to create new mandates to force the health care industry to toe the 0bama line, or get squashed.
If anything, more government control and better regulation of your banking system is in order. Prior to this, things have been left unchecked and LOOK what has happened.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,077,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mississauga75 View Post
If anything, more government control and better regulation of your banking system is in order. Prior to this, things have been left unchecked and LOOK what has happened.

The system has not run unchecked, not even close, the whole system went to the crappers because the GOVERNMENT encouraged things to be sold for higher than value, the GOVERNMENT insured things that were sold higher than value, the GOVERNMENT causes bubbles, by artificially inflating the values by dictating things like interest rates, credit scores, insuring mortgages, and overall national debt..

Old 05-25-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going-2-Florida View Post
Prove me wrong. I happen to know many people who live in Canada and none of like the system.

Many come here for health care now because of it.

The only people who like it is the typical liberal who is in line and wants something for free.

When any government runs your health care you are in trouble.
My father is alive today because of our so called disaster healthcare system after surviving stage 3 cancer and beating it. Sure, there are some issues with waiting times for minor surgeries and these are the people complaining. Plus my country isn't in a financial hole when it comes to healtcare - we live longer and time and again are ranked higher in quality of life - you need to get over your xenophobia re: euro and canadian health care models. It certainly isn't helping you live longer with your exceptional health care.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

The system has not run unchecked, not even close, the whole system went to the crappers because the GOVERNMENT encouraged things to be sold for higher than value, the GOVERNMENT insured things that were sold higher than value, the GOVERNMENT causes bubbles, by artificially inflating the values by dictating things like interest rates, credit scores, insuring mortgages, and overall national debt..
Sounds like you need a better government.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali BassMan View Post
I think we could learn alot from the Canadians, healthcare included, I worked with several Canadians over the years, and they liked thier system just fine.. The only people I've heard slam it are Americans, who say "I heard" or "I read"..
I certainly don't support the Obama plan to tax my Healthcare benifits to pay for someone else's....
Thanks - aside from healthcare (which btw is not the best in the world overall), but atleast is financially sustainable, is a regulated banking system that is ranked best in the world.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:36 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,138,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Tell me how in the world we are going to see substantially lower costs? Seriously, tell me how? The federal government already dictates the costs to insurance companies for procedures, they already dictate what can be done, they already dictate UCR rates, percentiles, HCFA procedures and rates, tell me how this will result in lowering costs when we have seen nothing but increased cost everytime the government changes laws and dictates actions to the private sector.

Just an FYI, I used to work for a company that processed medical claims for the state prison systems across the country, the reason why the states contracted these out to PRIVATE companies, because it saved money because the private companies are better able to negotiate rates, control costs and still give coverage mandated by the government..

I want to see a valid reason why the government thinks that taking over the health care industry costs will be cut, especially considering that the proposals are for the government to tax everyone, and then continue to outsource the managment of bills to the private sector.. The only thing different is where your bill gets paid..
Um...you're actually addressing Obama.... I just added the second half of his remarks, which the OP managed to leave out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies