Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 08:32 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,923,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well I want to see it on paper with a timeline and numbers.

GM "committed" to paying back those loans, didn't it ?
That is the justification liberals continue to use for claiming Obama is a genius, this will be so profitable, taxpayers will have reduced taxes over the GM bailout..

Well, Obama is planning to forgive the billions and billions of debt.

A rough synopsis..
Obama loans GM money to operate
Obama loans GM money to buy out investors
GM planning to file bankruptcy to get rid of other investors
GM planning to come out of bankruptcy with union ownership
Obama forgives debt

Looks to me like Obama is paying off the unions for their support by using taxpayer money to buy them a car company..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 08:33 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,840,100 times
Quote:
OBAMA: "Well, we are out of money now. We are operating in deep deficits, not caused by any decisions we've made on health care so far. This is a consequence of the crisis that we've seen and in fact our failure to make some good decisions on health care over the last several decades.
Does anybody actually listen to what this dolt says? So...all our financial problems are a result of insufficient health care system, and if we had universal health care we would emerge from the red ink.

Can someone please explain to me how this makes any sense? How one relates to the other in our current financial meltdown?

He says SH** like this all the time and people just nodandummmandnodandummm.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,923,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Does anybody actually listen to what this dolt says? So...all our financial problems are a result of insufficient health care system, and if we had universal health care we would emerge from the red ink.

Can someone please explain to me how this makes any sense? How one relates to the other in our current financial meltdown?

He says SH** like this all the time and people just nodandummmandnodandummm.
I have no clue, I've asked earlier in the thread how having universal healthcare would actually save money. Not one response yet..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Tell me how in the world we are going to see substantially lower costs? Seriously, tell me how? The federal government already dictates the costs to insurance companies for procedures, they already dictate what can be done, they already dictate UCR rates, percentiles, HCFA procedures and rates, tell me how this will result in lowering costs when we have seen nothing but increased cost everytime the government changes laws and dictates actions to the private sector.

Just an FYI, I used to work for a company that processed medical claims for the state prison systems across the country, the reason why the states contracted these out to PRIVATE companies, because it saved money because the private companies are better able to negotiate rates, control costs and still give coverage mandated by the government..

I want to see a valid reason why the government thinks that taking over the health care industry costs will be cut, especially considering that the proposals are for the government to tax everyone, and then continue to outsource the managment of bills to the private sector.. The only thing different is where your bill gets paid..
Any liberal takers willing to tell me exactly how money will be saved?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:15 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,068,557 times
I am willing to bet that Sarah Palin would have been smart enough to know we were broke long ago. Maybe hussein obama should give her a call.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:17 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,831,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yup, health care is why we are seeing huge deficits, and unless we spend even more tax dollars on some sort of universal health care, we will go deeper in debt.

Why is the first, last and only solution to this guy, more taxpayer spending, and more federal government control?

Barak 0bama - borrowing our way into prosperity, apologizing our way to victory, and finger pointing to the past, to gain political absolution today.
Darn that Obama...who does this guy think he is. He is trying to match up with the republicans at running up the national debt.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:19 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,831,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I wonder why Drudge left this out? He took it from another place that left it out, too. Just not enough space on the internet, I guess.
Why did drudge leave that out?

Old 05-25-2009, 10:47 PM

16 posts, read 73,003 times
Obama isn't going to fix anything. He is a puppet. But McCain would have been an equally valuable puppet to the puppet master. This video explains what's really going on. You need a couple of hours to watch it. It's time for us to wake up and quit sitting silently by while we are stripped of our money and our constitutional rights.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:52 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,061,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amhealy View Post
Obama isn't going to fix anything. He is a puppet. But McCain would have been an equally valuable puppet to the puppet master. This video explains what's really going on. You need a couple of hours to watch it. It's time for us to wake up and quit sitting silently by while we are stripped of our money and our constitutional rights.
I love it when what's REALLY going on is only available in videos.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:54 PM

1,577 posts, read 1,952,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I love it when what's REALLY going on is only available in videos.
LOL yup and i'm sure the source of the video is from a very credible one, i think the same guy-Alex Jones- who stated that the Bush government destroyed the WTC towers with improvised explosives. The conspiracy theorists alive and kicking.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:57 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,061,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Why did drudge leave that out?
Actually his own source left it out, too. I cant imagine how such a thing could happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies